AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Forehead Pressure During Spiritual Practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrew75

26 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  3:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During any type of spiritual practice, I experience intense pressure in the point between the eyebrows. Sometimes, this pressure extends in the entire forehead and sometimes it even becomes painful.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this pressure and how it can be removed?

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  6:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew

It sometimes happens to me too. I just chalk it down to purification and opening, and carry on. However, if there is any pain then it is a definite sign to cut back on your practice.

Over time the pressure will disappear. The trick is is to keep balance - self-pacing.

What is your practice?
Go to Top of Page

andrew75

26 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  2:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Woosa,

My practice is now mainly Kriya Yoga in Hariharananda's lineage, approximately two hours daily. But the pressure I have in between the eyebrows and forehead appeared a few years ago when I first started to practice mild energy work, Nadi Shodhana and Thought Observation and I've been having it during spiritual techniques ever since.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  3:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A sign for self-pacing here if it's painful: http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

I frequently experience third eye pressure.
Go to Top of Page

nico54

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  5:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

i have the same problem. It is a few months already. I'm doing the SRF lessons and it began doing the hong sau exercise about a year ago.
A few weeks ago i found the ayp site. I'm very impressed by the lessons of Yogani and the forum is very helpfull.
before i had no clue that the pressure in the forehead had to do with the meditation. The pressure occurs at random. Even while reading, watching tv or in ag meeting at work.

Thanks you all for the helpfull posts.
P.S. excuse my bad english.

Edited by - nico54 on Dec 14 2013 5:09:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

dwizzle36

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  1:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Andrew, I lived with Baba Hariharananda for a while in 2000 and would get these headaches. Since it is a crown practice, it does seem like that can happen. What I would do is move the attention further to the back of the head. So, if I am focused in the fontanel, and I am getting a headache in the front of my head, I would take the attention back further on my head and this seemed to help without having to do less meditation. Hope that was clear and offers relief.
I did tell Baba about the headaches and he said, "Good."

David
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  11:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi andrew75,

it will go away. You can reduce down to 2x 45 or 2x30 till it is smooth again. Overall I had no problems regarding any pressures in the third eye area with KYI, but it happened several years ago with lots of different practics aswell.

Maha mudra and bowing technique both KYI style should smooth out any localized pressure in the body-mind. Less kumbhak is also a hint. Also eating easily digestable food and having physical activity afterwards will help, like going out walking.

@dwizzle36,

thanks for that, lol, Hari is very funny in that regard :D

Edited by - Holy on Dec 29 2013 11:30:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

andrew75

26 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  12:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Dwizzle36 and Holy,

Thanks for the advice.
Actually with regular practice of KYI Kriya, the pressure in between the eye brows gradually became a gentle and pleasant pulsation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000