AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari stage 1 during sleep. Interesting experien
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bliss_

25 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  03:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit bliss_'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sometimes it happens I become conscious during sleep, and I take advantage of those moments to conduct some interesting experiences. Being in the sleep state consciously seems to me to be the equivalent of the yogic Pratyahara, i.e withdrawing of the senses, in this state I can easily switch from feeling my body to withdrawing towards a dream and loosing all contact with the senses. In this state projecting the astral double is very easy and producing the kutashta seems easy as well (but I still can't do the last).

Anyway, I was in that state when I remembered to move my tongue to touch the upper palate and other parts of the mouth, and to my utter amazement the tongue turned into a 'super electrical generator' vibrating at high rate, humming and throwing sparks all over. It was an amazing experience and proved me how powerful is the tongue as a spiritual organ. It also showed that kechari stage 1 can be quite powerful as long as we are already in pratyahara.

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  07:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bliss,
remarkable. could also be why Pratyahara in ashtanga yoga precedes dhyan. But then, few can practise pratyahara first.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  12:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bliss, that's awesome. Sounds like a beautiful experience. Love the name, by the way.

I woke up one time with my tongue in pulsing and vibrating, but it was not extended to the roof of my mouth.

I have experienced that sensitivity you are talking about though.

During one meditation in a laying down position, I went unconscious at some point. Unlike before, the visualizations and images used around the body, nervous system, and chakras became very intimate like a dream. In fact, it felt no different than a lucid dream of some unimaginable kind, but I could feel everything in my body that I was seeing in my mind.

Edited by - Kyman on Aug 06 2006 03:20:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  7:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Bliss, I've experienced strong yoga effects while 'doing' yoga in my sleep too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000