Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Problem doing meditation in the morning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orahmax

India
13 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  03:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I do meditation in the morning when i wake up as it is complete silence and then in the evening before sleep. My problem is when i sit for meditation in the morning, i find it difficult to sit for long period as due to stiffness in the leg and back muscles.

I find no such kind of problem in the evening.

What shall i do?

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  06:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Orahmax,

i assume you´re trying to sit in sidhasana or padmasana during your meditation time, right?

our bodies are usually more stiff in the morning than in the evening. it depends a lot on the way we sleep. so, try to check that .if you ´re not doing this already, try to do some light asanas before your meditation. if after that you still don´t manage to relax the leg (in this case the stiffness happens actually in the hip, not in the leg), then don´t use this posture. use a chair or a pillow instead, or simply strech your legs while sitting.

your first priority in meditation should be comfort, so you can favor your mantra and not be distracted by the pain in the leg, etc.

no need to hurry.

enjoy your meditations!

Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  06:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello!

Try doing a set on sun salutations before sitting down in the morning practise! Helps me to open my stiff limbs and back very nicely. There are tutorials in youtube if you are not familiar with it (Sun salutation A)
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  11:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To follow up with Ayiram's suggestions, try a set of AYP Starter Kit Asanas and Enhanced Asanas. Postures are first introduced in lesson 71, and the lessons that teach them can be found in the topic index under that category. In AYP DM, it is not recommended to do anything that involves too much cardio exercise prior to a sitting session, while right after is perfectly fine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000