New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  4:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

An interesting and informative documentary on the history and science of grounding, and how it can help restore balance and health -- On Youtube Here (Note: no longer available for free on Youtube -- you can see a free preview and view the full movie online for $2.99 here -- apparantly no longer available for streaming). The DVD is on Amazon here, with reviews.

For more information about the film and principles of grounding, see here.

We often suggest self-pacing of practices and "grounding" in the support topics here to aid in balancing awakening inner energies (kundalini). This documentary takes an in-depth look at the practical aspects and methods for grounding, without focusing on yoga and kundalini. The relevance and cross-over for help during periods of excessive kundalini energy flow are obvious.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

PS: It was interesting to see the innovative ways a grounding connection can be achieved, even while sleeping in bed at night, and what the effects can be -- reducing all sorts of ailments from snoring to chronic pain.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  6:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani,
Yes, I've been following Dr Mercola and grounding for some time. He says it has the same effects as antioxidants
but more powerful.

I had a bump on my temple that wouldn't go away, and sometimes got larger. I tried everything. Then after reading about grounding, I made a ground wire, going through my window to the earth outside, and held it against the bump while falling asleep. The second day it seemed to be getting smaller, but I figured a coincidence. Then the third day it was gone! That's several months ago and it's still gone.
Anyone who reads about how powerful antioxidants are should know grounding is even better and easier to implement, for healing, anti-aging, and of course balancing spiritual overload.
It is interesting because it is on the line between spirituality and physical reality.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  9:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Thank you, Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  03:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the link to this great documentary!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
such an inspiring movie!
going for a walk and sitting in a park is always used over her to ground kundalini...but it is always with shoes
the beach also is grounding but now it is almost winter...so more indoors
if one is living in an apartment in the city...is walking barefoot in ones apartment enough?
savasana is grounding... but as i said it is lying on the floor not really on earth
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  2:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

living in an apartment in the city...is walking barefoot in ones apartment enough?
savasana is grounding... but as i said it is lying on the floor not really on earth

Neither of those are completely grounding electrically, although they may help spiritually.
You have to have an electrical connection with the earth, so barefoot or lying on dirt or grass.

Fortunately, if you live in the city in most countries, the "ground" connection on your electrical outlets is actually connected to the earth, and on older buildings the plumbing pipes are too. In newer buildings that is all plastic and not grounding.

There are mats and bed sheets that plug into the electrical outlet and only connect to the ground. They are expensive though.

PS There are shoes called "pluggz" I think, that have an electrical connection from your foot to the ground.

Edited by - Etherfish on Oct 27 2013 2:26:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  02:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Etherfish
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  01:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In this article it says that wood does not ground you.
I doubt that somehow ...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  9:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on the type of wood. A living tree grounds you because it has conductive moisture, and a good connection to the earth. But lumber used in construction has been dried so it insulates, and isn't connected to the earth.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  03:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see the video is private and needs to be bought.

So I was wondering if there is much else to know other than what has been said here. Very often a few principles encapsulate all we need to know about something and the rest is frills.
Is that the case here?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  08:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was free to watch for a limited time, but that has ended. There is not much we have to know about grounding, and the article link in Yogani's first post "see here" has all the info. If you have to enter your email to see the article, it's free, and Dr Mercola's site is safe.
The movie just elaborates on the benefits and gives one an emotional feel for how incredible they are.
This is a new discovery for science, for very old knowledge; that we need to be connected to the earth.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  11:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ether
I see there is another video further down the page which I'm half way through, its one and a half hours long and then there is the written stuff.
Very interesting, having a grounded room sounds great, do you know how to go about making one.
When I think about the comfortable materials, like wood, carpet, mattresses etc., they are all insulators. Do you know of any easy ways to ground a floor that won't be too cold in winter or a mattress?
I'm thinking of meditating on a sheet of tinfoil connected to a wire going to earth to see if it feels different.

On the question of grounded plumbing, I think it is a regulation in the UK and Ireland and maybe Europe that all taps and fittings where there is water have to be earthed. The mains voltage here is 230volts whereas in USA it is 110V, as far as I know and therefore less need for earthing.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  7:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't have to ground a whole room, just yourself.

If you do a search for grounding or earthing sheets, there is fabric that has metal woven into it. It's pretty expensive. A cheaper alternative is what computer repair guys use. There are wrist straps with a connection for a grounding wire, and there are floor mats with a connection.

When you connect to the earth, you should use a rod driven into the ground.
For electrical, we use an eight foot long steel rod plated with copper. But for grounding the body, you don't need that much because the number of electrons is much smaller, so a couple feet should be fine, unless you are in desert conditions. It just has to get down to conductive moisture.
about plumbing being grounded, the regulations may have changed. It was always required here when water pipes were metal, but since most are plastic now, there is nothing to earth.

Edited by - Etherfish on Nov 06 2013 7:26:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  05:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ether

I did some searching and found this http://www.groundology.com/ie/earth...ounding-kits
This is the site linked to the video and sells mats and wrist bands and sheets etc..

On a safety note for possible dangers, this site is worth a look
http://www.emfwise.com/earthing-mat-dangers.php

The main danger, as I see it, is if there are electrical devices nearby that are plugged into the mains and we get an electric shock and are grounded to earth, the current will go straight through us to earth and give us a potentially lethal charge, depending on whether it travels through the heart or not. I don't think this is a big risk in general, but just something to be aware of.

I remember many moons ago when I was practicing massage. I would spend time in a small veggie patch at the end of the garden just plowing my hands into the earth and feeling the earthing effect. Not much got grown but it felt very therapeutic.

Those wrist straps and other items are expensive so I will make up something and try it first - see if I start levitating off the bed
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  9:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you could get a shock if you touch a hot wire, but that is extremely unlikely. All modern appliances are specifically built to prevent that, because we are often grounded when touching metal plumbing, bathtub water, any metal appliance.
Metal appliances are grounded so if a hot wire comes loose inside and touches the case it will trip a breaker instead of shocking you. Also, that potentially lethal shock is almost never lethal. I've been shocked hundreds of times.

Wrist straps and mats are not expensive if you get them from computer repair people instead of the new grounding fad boom people. They wear them when fixing computers because static electricity destroys micro chips.

Check ebay or computer repair supply people. They often call them "ESD" for Electro-Static Discharge,
or "Anti-Static" devices.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  06:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether,

Have you used these grounding mats/sheets? As much as I'd like to walk around barefoot outdoors, I have no time in my hectic schedule, and it looks that way for the next 15 years, at least. I looked at the earthing kits on amazon and the reviews were mixed...

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  8:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No I haven't tried them. I haven't found cheap sheets, and that's what I would use. I have a grounding wire I hold or lay on sometimes when sleeping. I was thinking of getting an ESD mat and try sleeping on it, but I doubt if it would be comfortable.
I wouldn't trust Amazon reviews for something like this. It is more of a spiritual thing, and effects are subtle and long term.

PS: poor man's grounding: you are grounded in a shower, bath, swimming pool, and all natural water; lakes streams etc. !

PPS:
I just ordered a couple "ESD wrist straps" from Ebay, $1 each including shipping from china. You don't need sheets. The electrons will spread into your body from one point from a wrist or ankle strap.

Edited by - Etherfish on Nov 08 2013 9:16:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  08:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether

A friend has looked at these and wants to buy a batch of 7 for a few of us. However he has investigated the ESD straps and sees they have a 1 Mohm resistor built in for safety reasons.
The Groundology ones have only 100 kohm resistor which is 10 times less.

Do you have a view on how this would affect the grounding of us to earth.
Presumably the greater the resistance the greater the voltage needed to get past it.
Any thoughts?

Here is a link which might shed some light http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antist..._wrist_strap

Edited by - Sparkle on Nov 13 2013 08:59:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  7:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the resistors will have no effect at all for our purposes.
The reason is, resistance doesn't prevent lower voltages from "getting past" it, but it slows them down.

A resistor is like a small water hose spliced in the middle of a big water hose.
It only matters if you are trying to move water very fast, or move a large volume.
The same is true of moving electrons. Moving them very fast is high voltage, and can shock you, like static electricity does. And moving them in great volume is necessary to do a lot of work like a large motor.

But grounding is one or two electrons with huge spaces in between them. So if you are drip watering one flower, it doesn't matter if that big hose has a little one spliced in the middle, because drips didn't need the big hose to begin with.
Grounding works with things of very high resistance in nature; pure water, trees, slightly moist dirt.
One advantage of this principle is that grounding can be carried by a very thin, flexible wire.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  04:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Great, thanks for clarifying that Ether
Will go for the cheaper ESD models.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  11:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A friend uploaded the full video to Google Drive for me, so if anyone wants to see the movie I can do the same for them, just send me a private message.

The documentary was very informative and my wife and I resonated strongly with both the makers of the film and the ideas presented in it. Neither of us are suffering with any chronic ailments to test this with, but I am 3 weeks into recovery after having my left elbow replaced (with a metal component) and am still unable to fully straighten/flex my arm or rotate my hand up/down. Starting today I am going to try burying my arm in my garden (if I can figure out a comfortable way to do this) or lay on the ground/grass for 20 minutes every day. Am curious to see if I can notice any specific effects and am slightly hopeful that this could help to decrease the amount of physical pain I've been feeling since the surgery.

Will report back here if there are any significant effects noticed.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Though the movie cannot be viewed for free on Youtube anymore, you can see a free preview and view the full movie online for $2.99 here). The DVD is on Amazon here, with reviews.

The first post in this topic has been edited to reflect this.

Enjoy grounding, but don't get stuck in the mud.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  5:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson I hope you get better soon

I purchased ESD mats online (much cheaper), they'll arrive next week.

Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  1:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Enjoy grounding, but don't get stuck in the mud.

Mud is very grounding
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  1:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up purchasing a "grounding kit" from earthing.com. Comes with 2x 15' grounding cables that plug into the wall and 50 EEG pads that the other end of the grounding cable plugs into. I'm putting the pad directly on my elbow and plugging it in while I sleep all night long. Only been three days of this so far, but the range of motion has already increased slightly and I'm not in nearly as much pain while I sleep as I was before. So far so good.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  8:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Great to hear Carson, I saw those pads advertised and wondered about buying some for the mother in law who has just had major surgery and might never fully recover.
With your feedback I may be able to convince the doubters that it is worth a shot

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000