Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Brahmacharya experience and sex magick
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  09:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

In the past 4-5 months, I've tried quite a strict Brahmacharya. I would preserve my semen for about 1 month, then let myself have orgasms (may be 2 within 1 week), and then start over the cycle again. I even tried avoiding orgasm for 2 months (Feb to April). But I'm a bit disappointed that I don't feel anything special by this practice, except that I learnt a great deal in ejaculation control.

During a tantric masturbation, I didn't add spinal breathing most of the time. But adding spinal breathing seems to reduce the uncontrollable urge to ejaculate, and so lengthen dramatically the stimulation time I can have without ejaculating. Normally, after going close to orgasm a few times (and resting for 15-20 seconds in between), I can stand only for about 10-30 seconds of additional stimulation before coming to the edge. But with spinal breathing, I can stand for about 2 mins or more.

Since nothing special happened, I'll resume a more normal approach for a while (about 2 -3 orgasms a week) before I start a strict Brahmacharya again. I'll try combining the tantric sex technique with sex magick which I just found on the web. I'm highly skeptical about the effects, but it could also be true that making use of orgasm can bring me some profound changes of consciousness.

Well, that's a short term experiment. May be I should work more on Brahmacharya soon, concentrating on tantra sex with spinal breathing.

Any comments or experiences??

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jul 23 2006 10:27:56 AM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  1:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You know, feeling something special is a sign of purification. Think of it like rusty gears grinding against eachother. You've mistaken hearing the scraping sound and seeing sparks as a good sign of progress. Brahmacarya is like lubricating the nervous system, so that even if you're doing a lot of cleansing it won't seem so dramatic. It'll seem easy, and as if nothing is happening. At least this has been my (limited) experience.

I hope to see what others think of this.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  8:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin,

As per AYP a frequency of more than one orgasm per a week is not conducive for spiritual progress. http://www.aypsite.org/T4.html

So your normal approach of 2-3 orgasms per week is NOT normal for a spiritual aspirant. Your effort to maintain brahmacharya is very good and whether it makes a difference or not voluntarily resuming to normal approach is not recommended. Even though you have maintained very strict brahmacharya in the past thats not an excuse to leave control completely for a few days.

The problem is that the mind listens to what we tell. If we tell it once per week is fine, the result will be once or more per week. If we make a tougher goal like once per month, we can easily maintain once per week. Ideally though once per week is fine, it is always good to "try" to maintain brahmacharya.

Coming to tantric sex, I feel it can be an easy trap/way to orgasm TILL you become spiritually advanced with the help of other practices (deep meditation, pranayama, siddhasana). Also for bachelors it is a good time to maintain brahmacharya because it will be harder to do it once married. Tantra will be more helpful then for couples.

Ideally I would try for 2 weeks of brahmacharya with no tantric sex, then 2 more weeks with occasional tantric sex -- total for one month.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  10:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near and Alvin,

Another good alternative and an excellent stepping stone for AYP practitioners is to use Jack Johnston's method for cultivating tantric energy. It has been a big help to me personally in my tantric practices. You can observe gradual progress in yourself as well and it gives you good motivation not to ejaculate. I believe there are a few of us here who have tried it, maybe it will appeal to you:

http://www.multiples.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  01:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for you comments, Near. So you're into the once-a-month practice again? But frankly, do you feel any difference? I don't, except that certainly I don't have the first few hours of tiredness after orgasm...

quote:
The problem is that the mind listens to what we tell. If we tell it once per week is fine, the result will be once or more per week. If we make a tougher goal like once per month, we can easily maintain once per week. Ideally though once per week is fine, it is always good to "try" to maintain brahmacharya.

For me, I usually mean what I say. Although 2 months is probably the upper limit. In fact, I broke the 2 months Brahmacharya (with tantra masturbation, though) not because I can't control, but because of a wet dream which I never had before. I've also had another wet dream after about 1 month of Brahmacharya too.

quote:
Also for bachelors it is a good time to maintain brahmacharya because it will be harder to do it once married. Tantra will be more helpful then for couples.

A good point....but I suppose tantra is not inferior to strict Brahmacharya (with no tantra....)???? As long as I don't have orgasm, I may even cultivate more energy, right?? At least that's what I learnt here in AYP.

quote:
Johnston's method for cultivating tantric energy. It has been a big help to me personally in my tantric practices.

Anthem, what precisely is his technique? I just don't want to spend money on something I don't know and based my decision only on testimonials---a mistake I made over and over again in the past. The money back policy doesn't work, as I'm in Hong Kong and the time I spend on claiming back the money will exceed the money I can get back.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  11:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin,

quote:
A good point....but I suppose tantra is not inferior to strict Brahmacharya (with no tantra....)???? As long as I don't have orgasm, I may even cultivate more energy, right?? At least that's what I learnt here in AYP.

Yes that is true. But when you do tantra you have more chances of losing semen than when you do plain brahmacharya. If you make sure first you have done your 1-2 weeks of plain brahmacharya and then experiment with tantra for the next couple of weeks it can be a good idea.

And about wet dreams I too had one after 1.5 months of plain brahmacharya once. A friend of mine in india has been doing brahmacharya for the past one year and he tells me he has a wet dream every 1-2 months. But he hasnt voluntarily lost it for the past one year. He has overcome the external cycle (of habit) but the internal cycle still goes on. Having control over the external cycle requires mental will while controlling the internal cycle requires more purification spiritually.

But these wet dreams give us an idea about the 'useful' period of brahmacharya that we can maintain. When we will anyway lose semen in a wet dream after say 1 month, no point in trying to maintain it beyond that point. right?

According to what AYP says, more than 2 weeks of brahmacharya is not needed (except during the times when your body needs it, for example when kundalini is awake and needs constant feeding of sexual energy). Maintaining more than 2 weeks will surely have benifits but the added benifits are not worth the efforts.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  11:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

I went through the link you gave. There are two downloadable packages one for 29.99 and other complete one for 119. Is it enough if I download the first one? Is the extra money for the second one worth it?

-Near
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  11:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near,

I only ever did the $29 one which had everything I needed.

Hi Alvin,

His technique is to use an auditory sound which he calls the "key sound" to elicit a particular physiological response in the body (which you can feel). By repeatedly practicing his technique using the recommended protocol over several months (or much sooner) the results and benefits become obvious.

My observations are that it gives us very specific things to focus on which are the fastest path to developing the rise of full-body orgasmic feelings. So the focus that his method encourages us to have takes our mind away from traditional ejaculatory orgasm and the preliminary results people will experience provide the motivation to keep at it. Therefore you are developing your tantric potential to greater and greater heights and avoiding ejaculatory orgasm at the same time, which is very conducive to yoga practices.

Hope this helps,

A

Edited by - Anthem on Jul 24 2006 11:16:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  09:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It certainly helps. But still not convincing for me.

quote:
His technique is to use an auditory sound which he calls the "key sound" to elicit a particular physiological response in the body (which you can feel). By repeatedly practicing his technique using the recommended protocol over several months (or much sooner) the results and benefits become obvious.

Is the "key sound" some words or music-like? And what did he based his sound on? Some traditions or scientific findings??

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  1:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin,

I am not trying to convince you, this might be the problem.

I can't elaborate on it much more other than to say it is like a vocalized mantra. His system has worked for me and there are many people on his site who claim that it works for them. It may or may not work for you, but we will never know unless you try it. Results of some kind usually follow within 1 year's time for most who do.

all the best,

A

Edited by - Anthem on Jul 25 2006 3:06:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  02:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Near wrote:

quote:
Having control over the external cycle requires mental will while controlling the internal cycle requires more purification spiritually.

But are there any poor-man's options?

I find that I am recharging much faster recently. May be due to the Amaroli and/or yoni mudra? I feel the explosiveness this morning. It's very likely that I'll have wet dream soon if I don't do something for it.
Go to Top of Page

elusive

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  10:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO wet dreams during brahmacharya are caused by 1) fantasizing about sex excessively while awake 2) coming close to ejaculation orgasm and then stopping 3) all the samskaras related to sex and self-pleasuring

I am 22 and should be active sexually but regularly go months without any problems whatsoever. However if I do either 1) or 2) the chance of nocturnal emission increases greatly. 1) causes them through repression - you fantasize, then think "I shouldn't go down this road, it will disturb my brahmacharya" and then it comes back to bite you while you're dreaming and your ego isn't in control of things. So you have to see through the games you play with insight. 2) causes them because it's an incompleted action. If you bring yourself close to ejaculation but don't do it, and still have the desire for that release, it will surface in your dream state. You'll dream of something sexual and get an erection and ejaculate, then wake up feeling silly. 3) is more difficult to deal with since it requires a great deal of insight into one's own mind to uproot and transform, but it can be done.

You could also work with dream yoga practices to bring more awareness to your dreaming and dreamless states of sleep, so that even in a dream if there is the rise of sexual desire you can pull the rug from under it and transform it, throw it into the fire of awareness.

Based on my experience I have to say that celibacy is the easiest thing. It's easier than being non-celibate because having sex or masturbating is a doing, celibacy is a non-doing. I don't know why it comes easy for me. I think it's because I don't think of myself as engaging in sexual acts. If I see a girl that appears attractive to me, I never picture myself enjoying her. I just admire her qualities. To be frank, I never have the desire to **** someone, so when I feel attraction it flows through me in a different way, through a different route.

Go to Top of Page

lover

Philippines
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  10:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit lover's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello elusive,

Nice post.

Ask for me, ive been doing both tantric lovemaking and plain brahmacharya together with regular meditation.

My experience in Tantric one is that after longer periods ( months) of pre-orgasmic sex, the urge to ejaculate again is so strong when i happen to intentionally ejaculate once. And although i didn't have a wet dreams for straight upto 3 months, maybe this was the reason why the urge to ejaculate again is so strong.It has been accumulated you know.. Any thoughts?

And during my plain brahmacharya, it was a very soothing experience, less sexual irratation. There'a a gap of 30 or so days between each wet dream.

Also, i can really tell the difference about sexual engagement. That is, the moment i engage in Tantric sex, there was also a strong urge to often engage in the act. But it is not when doing plain Brahmacharya.

Any thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  06:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the beginning I was doing just like you. staying in Brahmacharya for one or two months and then release it frequently, then again go for long without it.
The maximum length I went with Brahmacharya was six months. That was a real Brahmacharya without any effort. But later due to the energy drainage and sexual stimulation through constipation etc.. My level of awareness came back again to a lower reality. Then everything started again. Now it can happen once in two weeks mostly after a toilet session at night.It has nothing to do with fantasizing, but mostly for physical reason. I just feel helpless.
It can be frustrating. But I realize that its my ego that get frustrated. Now I take a more tantric approach, Left the yogic approach of being against certain things and fighting against them.I must understand the state of my body and act according to the situation. I understand that sex is an effect not a cause. So I must work to remove the cause rather than getting frustrated after the thing have happened. The most important thing I must always keep in mind is that sex and semen is not mine.If Its his wish to release then who am I to hold?
There is nothing in this world is not divine including sex, This is the Tantric approach. Brahmacharya becomes easy for me with that fearless yet most powerful approach
it becomes difficult for to control Sex when I am against it.

In those 6 Month period I did not notice any positive change in body. But surely it worked a lot for my nervous system and on my awareness.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  4:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,
There has been another thread last year about frequency & related topics. My post: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6068#54950
Go to Top of Page

lover

Philippines
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  9:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit lover's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello elusive,

How are you? what is the longest duration that you didn't have a wet dream during your plain brahmacharya?

Like lets say the distance between the first wet dream to the second one, then to the third one, and so on..

I love to know your experience..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000