New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  7:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogaman, thanks for the update!

In my understanding of things, these impurities would be vasanas; kind of automatic and compulsive behavior/thought patterns projected into the present by the past traumas and karmas, creating a tendency to constantly project yourself either in past, present or future and thereby making the abiding in the present moment impossible until the vasanas have been purified. About karmas I do not know that much, but many of the repressed traumas abide in the physical body and manifest as physical and psychological problems until they have been released and let go.

Makes me think of Tilopa's six advices, which at first look pretty simple but in order to be observed actually require a whole heap of practise:

Don't:
- Recall
- Imagine
- Think
- Examine
- Control
Do:
- Rest

I hope this helps and that I have not mislead you with my writing :)

Blessed love

Edited by - chinmayo on Apr 14 2014 04:00:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  10:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks chinmayo, that is very helpful. I guess I vaguely imagined the purification being something physical or in Yogani's terminology, neurobiological. I never stopped to consider the subtle distinction of the content of the neurobiology.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2014 :  11:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another interesting week. I decided on Wednesday to give the mantra another try. It struck me that the only non-AYP practice in my routine was the most core practice of AYP.

While initially I found the mantra distracting, I believe a lot of that was over-analyzing and over-intellectualizing it.

I think one of my aversions to it is due to it being an addition, instead of observing something that is already there. Everybody has breath, but why those specific sounds suggested for the mantra? Easier to over-analyze the choice.

I had also been doing about 6 months of breath-focus prior to starting up AYP.

I've decided to give 2-4 weeks of mantra a go. So far, it's been quite positive. I'm surprised by the obvious and distinct character of each type of meditation. Too early to say if there is a novelty effect that will wear off. But I'm finding it very energetic and still/focused. Automatic yoga has retuned with the mantra sits.

I've also added in yoni mudra kumbhaka a week of two ago. I think adding that in started the thought process about mantra vs breath. It still has not settled in as a technique, as with the spinal breathing add-ons, it can be tricky to orchestrate all of these maneuvers. It's getting better. Slightly.

Day to day life has been pretty stable. Have been in a bit of a low mood lately, some enthusiasm for recent efforts has waned. This seems to be a pattern. My enthusiasm for all my positive goals and healthy efforts seem to take a hit at the same time. Negative thinking, disillusionment with goals and the like. It's good to see the pattern so I can weather the storm instead of being sucked into rumination and further negativity.

I've been a bit anxious about "obvious results" from meditation sits. It's settled down again, but these crop up every so often. I begin to doubt the claims and stories of others, or think I may just not be cut out for it. Too many interviews with people who reached deep experiences after 3 sits. It can be frustrating from the perspective of someone this has yet to happen to after a few years.

I try to remind myself that just like asanas and exercise, the results are not typically dramatic and take time and persistent dedication.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2014 :  10:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A good week of sits. The mantra re-introduction (or was it the previously introduced yoni mudra kumbhaka?) has resulted in quite energetic sits this week. Automatic yoga has started back up as well, again for me it is primarily head and neck movements. What seems to be automatic jalandhara bandha.

I have to say that since adding yoni mudra kumbhaka, I'm struck once again by how unintuitive and bizarre these practices are. Without direct experience of the claimed results, I can't imagine suggesting these practices to many people outside a select few who already have a predilection for these sorts of things. I can see why modern culture has stripped away some of these practices, even down to the mantra being superseded by breath focus.

The mantra raises questions in the analytical like myself: why this sound/word? How does this work? Where did the choice of these sounds originate, and why? Where did Yogani get the use of these sounds from? Why these over countless others?

Perhaps I am just a very, very under-sensitive yogi. Perhaps others, today and in the remote past, tried out a few and had quite instant, direct experience with specific sounds and techniques. Reading the AYP materials, it's obvious that some people experience the effects quite profoundly, quite quickly. I am not one of those people. Without the direct experience, these practices remain in the "weird techniques" category (as Yogani puts it).

I've also been reading the AYP Easy Lessons book. While I read most of the online lessons before diving into AYP, I thought it would be a good idea to read over the lessons again now that I have some experience under my belt.

Daily life overall has been calm and good, if busy. Keeping up with my growing yoga routine as well as regular exercise, art and then work and healthy eating has required me to step up a bit. It's a good thing. I'm amazed at how quickly a day can fill!

My curiosity on all things yoga and meditation led me to discover this interesting article about the probable recent and Denmark origins of asanas: http://www.yogajournal.com/wisdom/2610

I still find the asanas to be very helpful in maintain the sitting postures, regardless of their connection (or lack thereof) to traditional yoga (meditation) practices. It seems the "asanas" referred to in the Hathaway Yoga Pradipika are mostly focused on sitting poses (like padmasana and siddhasana). I'm going to take a direct look at the poses mentioned in the HYP. Will probably read that in full after I get through the AYP Easy lessons books.

Yoga on.
Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  04:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for updating again :)

I have found out during my study of the TCM and shiatsu techniques, that many of the asanas stimulate the same meridians that I use in my shiatsu practise by doing stretches - so by doing the asanas you stimulate the energy meridians of the body thereby making it easier for the chi/prana to move and flow and also help in removing the energetic blockages. This is all though very eastern understanding, and western medical thinking does not acknowledge the existence of this meridian/energy system at all.

Same thing with mantras - they are too mystical for the western mind, so in the western techniques they are often left out or minimised. That is understandable - as one way to explain mantras is to think of them as a way to compress a lot of data in as few symbols as possible by making the actual meaning hidden. Before writing there was mantras (threads) so in order to make it impossible to corrupt the teachings the ancient teachers created mantras in sanskrit to be as short as possible so that they would be remembered and less likely to be unaltered (in western mysticisim this would be a vehicle called legominism.) So thereby, as the real meaning of the mantra is hidden, reciting the mantras you transfer that hidden, unapparent knowledge to the subconscious without the corruption or translation of the mind.

So, if you take this understanding - the meaning or the signifigance of the mantra is very important. Sure we would like to know the meaning of something that goes directly to the subconscious? Well, sanskrit was and is the sacred language of the ones who are in the know - who have experienced the experience described in the mantra. Which means you can't know the meaning unless you have actually experienced it thus creating a paradox. This same problem thus is in all book knowledge - it isn't real wisdom without the living touch of experience - one can claim to understand it but it doesn't equal to real understanding. Experience teaches wisdom so without it these isn't real understanding. How can one who has never seen the light know that it is actually dark?

I do not know and cannot explain what the meaning of the AYP mantra is (other than crude translastion of the mantra enhancement,something like "I bow to you, respectable I AM"), but I can notice the difference immediately in the energetic field if I change the mantra from the "I AM" to the "Shree shree Iam Iam". How I explain it to myself would be that the vibration which the mantra gives is a sort of indicator of the meaning of the mantra - if it cultivates energy, love, compassion etc in the innermost I can accept and use it. It is way better than the vasanas that were repeating in my mind before that created anxiety, fear and depression. I guess my advice would be to use your own discernment and intuition on whether to use mantra or not.

Blessed love,
Om shanti shanti shanti.

Edited by - chinmayo on Apr 28 2014 06:18:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  09:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that info Chinmayo. Again interesting thoughts to chew on. And I agree, regardless of the knowledge behind it, there is a definite difference in the use of the I AM mantra over the breath focus technique.

And I too experience inner energy "activation" from certain asanas, specifically Kneeling Seat. As soon as I get into it, there is immediate energy activity. I wouldn't doubt that yoga is an accretion of techniques, and if these sensitive yogis in the past tried out a few poses and found them to be helpful, they kept them. It doesn't downplay their effectiveness necessarily.

Also, in response to my comments about "not much happening", I had the thought yesterday after posting that perhaps (to riff on Yogani's metaphor of driving a car) that if one steps on the gas pedal, brake pedal and turns the wheel and nothing happens, it could be that the car is not running yet!

Many years ago I became interested in lucid dreaming. I read a lot of skeptical scientific literature to balance out the enthusiastic articles. Finally one night I had a lucid dream. The reality of the experience was forever solidified for me. One quickly discovers there are "rules" within the lucid dream state that I am sure can be mastered with practice. However, those techniques might seem very bizarre to one who is not in a lucid dream state or has never experienced it.

I try to remind myself of this with meditation. I think one of my hang-ups is how physical all of these "spiritual" practices are. Being raised in a Christian environment, it is probably deeply ingrained in me that spiritual experiences are gained from pious and righteous living. How you think and act, not how fast you breathe.

Perhaps this is a conceptual framework I'm not even aware I am living in, one that limits spiritual experiences to those who "behave properly", as opposed to a natural state of the nervous system that can be activated, like exercise, with specific actions.

I still wonder why, if this state is intrinsic and natural to the human nervous system, does it take such effort and time to experience it? Seems counter-intuitive. But perhaps eons of civilized life has encrusted the mind, deadening it to the experience. This may be yet another layer of the onion of conceptual frameworks which I am not even aware are limiting my perspective and thoughts.

But I've had enough non-ordinary states of awareness in my life to know that my nervous system is capable of some things that I cannot repeat consciously. But I would like to. I feel as if yoga meditation is the best path to find out. But I'm going to ask a lot of questions on the way :)

"Are we there yet?"
Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  3:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, we are not there as long as we are moving ;)

Yes I think your lucid dream experience is a good metaphore. I haven't had a lot of those, but the ones I have had I remember, even those that happened years ago (or did they?) Although, having been thru a several sleep paralysis experiences, I can relate to that as it seems like many of the ancient visions or 'ufo abduction' scenes I have read about happen in that mode of consciousness. You know those stories that begin with "I woke up in the middle of the night lying on my bed unable to move, when two figures of light approached me and told me such and such."

Also having been brought up in christian home, and quite fundamental one I know what you are talking about. It was very much about behaving in a correct manner, saying certain prayers, begging for forgiveness from God, refraining from certain acts etc. The world of yoga and meditation really didn't make any sense to me then, and I remember laughing at some of my friends who started doing yoga when I was young. How things change, eh?

If I may, again refer to tantric master Tilopa, who compared the natural state of human being to be like a hollow bamboo, or a flute - free of all ideas and conceptions. Our christian belief system and the western culture is also a belief system more or less forced upon us from above - it has not come from our own experience thereby it is a hindrance, an obstruction. Moreover, expectations are an obstruction also, that's why you can't consciously repeat any experience. An experience should come naturally, from emptiness. (Btw, I'm not downplaying western culture or saying that eastern culture is 'better' as it isn't, but I'm only talking about it since that's what I have some experience of. Preconception is a preconception regardless of its origin.) Emptiness is the key - rest should happen without effort.

So yes, perhaps one could say that the mantra is also a tool in a way - it has to be changed when it doesn't do anything anymore and when it has done its job it should be dropped. Sorry for flooding your thread again, but it just seems that the text is coming and there's not much i can do about it... very much unlike what happens when I'm writing a research report :)

Blessed love
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  11:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem on the long posts, I don't mind at all :)

The yoga experience is very interesting. There's a balance between my curious mind and my skeptical thought process. It's interesting to watch myself analyze it all.

I've recently started a habit of writing down my larger goals every morning, per a Brian Tracy audiobook I recently listened to. It too reveals interesting things about mental processes. I notice my mind scoffing at some of the larger goals, trying to talk me out of writing them down, or talking me into making them smaller.

Similar thoughts nag at me about the meditation practices. I try to discern which are healthy, objective, critical questions, and which are fear-based, change-averse, old-programming responses.

I notice a lot of resistance to change in myself in general, even when I was starting to eat healthier last year.

But even as a kid, I liked taking things apart to see how they worked. In one sense, that's what draws me to yoga and meditation in the first place. It seems like a way to "look under the hood". I'm not looking to necessarily be a mechanic or an engineer, but I am curious how things work. And I am also OK with just driving, but when I step on the gas, I like to hear the engine rev :)

Edited by - Yogaman on Apr 29 2014 11:58:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  7:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yogaman

No problem on the long posts, I don't mind at all :)

The yoga experience is very interesting. There's a balance between my curious mind and my skeptical thought process. It's interesting to watch myself analyze it all.

I've recently started a habit of writing down my larger goals every morning, per a Brian Tracy audiobook I recently listened to. It too reveals interesting things about mental processes. I notice my mind scoffing at some of the larger goals, trying to talk me out of writing them down, or talking me into making them smaller.

Similar thoughts nag at me about the meditation practices. I try to discern which are healthy, objective, critical questions, and which are fear-based, change-averse, old-programming responses.

I notice a lot of resistance to change in myself in general, even when I was starting to eat healthier last year.

But even as a kid, I liked taking things apart to see how they worked. In one sense, that's what draws me to yoga and meditation in the first place. It seems like a way to "look under the hood". I'm not looking to necessarily be a mechanic or an engineer, but I am curious how things work. And I am also OK with just driving, but when I step on the gas, I like to hear the engine rev :)

Hi Yogaman,

What you've shared is very inspiring and interesting. Thank you. I also feel myself trying to tie back my dreams with fear and comforts. But they are not going away. And I can listen to them and act. One smaller goal is to become more consistent on acting toward fulfilling them, one day at a time.

Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2014 :  10:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum
What you've shared is very inspiring and interesting. Thank you. I also feel myself trying to tie back my dreams with fear and comforts. But they are not going away. And I can listen to them and act. One smaller goal is to become more consistent on acting toward fulfilling them, one day at a time.

Glad you enjoyed and thank you for the kind words. Might I suggest you give the daily goal writing a try? The format is: write in the present tense as if it were true today, and set a deadline. Be as specific as possible.

So, you would write "I am a non-smoker by July 31, 2014" and not "I will quit smoking this year".

Here is a link to the audiobook I mentioned: http://youtu.be/tR2Z8lMEIBc
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2014 :  10:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am doing it before bed. Mixed results today. Back at it tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  05:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Yogaman

quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Glad you enjoyed and thank you for the kind words. Might I suggest you give the daily goal writing a try? The format is: write in the present tense as if it were true today, and set a deadline. Be as specific as possible.

So, you would write "I am a non-smoker by July 31, 2014" and not "I will quit smoking this year".

Here is a link to the audiobook I mentioned: http://youtu.be/tR2Z8lMEIBc

Very good advice, to write your goal as if you attained it at a certain date.

I like also to visualize with a red frame what I don't want to do, becoming everthing in red and a big NO appearing, and then in a white frame what I want to do. If this is repeated like 20 times, the result is far greater

Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  11:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoga weekly recap

Intense sits this week as I continue to use the mantra. There is a definite difference in the character and experience of using the mantra as opposed to the breath focus. Quite distinct. Sits have been deeper and more focused and still.

Spinal breathing has taken on a different character as of late as well. The inner energy has become more distinct and "thicker". Sambhavi mudra continues to improve and require less effort and conscious awareness to maintain.

Yoni mudra khumbaka continues to alternate between clunky and slightly decent. Mostly clunky.

I had some aches in my shoulders and upper back this week, so I dropped the Shoulder Stand and Plow from the asana routine. Shoulder Stand is the one pose in The Science of Yoga that seems to have the potential for injury. I've been on the fence about including it for some time.

I've also recently discovered a possible origin of asanas in Denmark around the turn of the last century, which shifts one's perspective on the essential nature of asanas in yoga. In fact, Yogani doesn't seem to treat them as essential at all. The AYP lessons seem to follow the ancient primacy of pranayama and meditation for yoga practices. I do find that asanas help with my sitting posture, and some good stretching every day is good regardless of the directness of effect for yoga.

Daily life has seen me in a better overall mood, more focused on and back on my goals.

Edited by - Yogaman on May 04 2014 12:30:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  11:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another week of great sits. Going back to the mantra has made very noticeable differences in the sits. I find the meditations very still and focused, with this "standing wave" sensation of the inner energy. Less flow, more "recycling". And automatic yoga has resurfaced during sits here and there. Still primarily head and neck movements. Seems related to jalandhara bandha. Spinal breathing too has improved, the energy has become thicker, denser and more obvious. At times I can really feel it, almost like a blob of water traveling within a cartoon hose. Sambhavi mudra and mula bandha continue to refine and require less effort.

Daily life has been a bit more focused and peaceful this week. My mind continues to crave external validation less and less. Focusing on the health of my body, mind, creativity and family has taken over focus. I'm realizing more and more that while my recent lifestyle changes result in less socialization, I can improve the relationships that are important to me by improving myself.

Some audio lectures I've been listening to this week on meditation and pranayama (from non-AYP sources) got my mind going about the differences between speaking from the authority of direct experience and from scholarly research. Often I feel my questioning is misinterpreted as doubt. But I feel Truth can withstand questioning, and in fact is strengthened by questioning. I don't doubt the existence of electricity, but I am curious about how it works, and about the historical context of the discovery of the principles behind it. I bring the same mindset to yoga.

Any practitioner of yoga has to admit there are some weird things involved. Perhaps the recent addition of yoni mudra khumbaka got me thinking down this path — "stick your fingers in your eyes, close your nostrils, and hold your breath". That is a very counter-intuitive path to a spiritual experience. And after reading up on amaroli, I had the humorous thought that yoga techniques are like kids doing a "triple-dog dare" to each other — "sit still for 20 minutes with eyes closed, then put your fingers in your eyes and on your nose, hold your breath until you see stars, drink your pee, then you can be part of the club".

Being raised in a loosely Christian household, my impression of spirituality was that your behavior dictated eligibility for direct experience. Yoga, on the other hand, is more democratic: everyone has access, but manipulation of the body is the route. More impersonal. I definitely struggle at times with the skeptical thought that "it's all in the mind", and specifically in the conscious manipulation of neurotransmitter-producing organs. The odd techniques reinforce these thoughts.

Still, there is enough evidence from millions of practitioners over thousands of years and backgrounds that tells me I am not the first to have these thoughts, and there's more to it once you're there.

Listening to lots of Alana Watts as of late also keeps one in that "Big Questions" mindset.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  01:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interestingly enough, after Bodhi Tree's comment in another thread that I was on the verge of a huge energy release, I found myself with lots of energy all day today, and an extremely intense evening sit. Serious sensation at the solar plexus, an odd ache/anxious feeling (akin to "butterflies in the stomach"). Energy at the brow as well, and all up and down the spine really. To be honest it's a bit uncomfortable.

The adventure continues…
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  01:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
time to self pace
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  07:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogaman,

It's good to keep a record. Personally, the exercise of writing a list before bed was ineffective. For me, I have problems with self pacing, due to my high vata dosha and lack of discipline. In short, my lists become extremely demanding of myself in very short time. So I appreciate Maheswari's call for self pacing, as I'm finding surrender to be gentler and smoother.

Yes, adventure awaits. Rock on
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  10:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

time to self pace

Yep. It seems to have settled down so far this morning, although I woke with a painful knot in my back just under the left shoulder blade.

Either way, will see how the sits today go and pace from there. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  11:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting week. After some lively discussions here on the message board, and a joke by Bodhi Tree that I would be having strong energy experiences very soon, the following day I had a serious muscular knot in the middle of my back, opposite my heart. The pain was pronounced on exhales. It made me wonder if perhaps some strain from the Yoni Mudra Kumbakha was involved, as I'd done nothing physical to explain it. These knots do happen from time to time of course, so it could all be coincidence. I did however have some incredibly deep and focused meditations around that time, and which continued afterwards. The knot is thankfully gone, and I discontinued the Kumbakha.

Sits have been reaching some profound and enjoyable levels of stillness and focus, with some very condensed and strong inner energy. Spinal breathing continues to become more refined, focused, specific and obvious. It's starting to engage on the slightest instigation of the mudras and bandhas.

Meditation with the mantra continues to be intense, deep, still and focused. I am quite surprised at the difference in character and quality of using the mantra versus the breath. Once I got over my conceptual hurdles of the mantra, it became much easier to find the rhythm. I was a bit put off by the mantra at first, I suppose because it was an synthetic addition to — rather than awareness of — an existing and natural process. But I am a convert now, my meditations have improved noticeably and dramatically. I think I needed to go through the breath-focus phase for a bit to be able to compare.

Life in-between sits has been good, steady, peaceful. I find myself sinking deeper and deeper into who I am, and that identity is at odds with my expectations of who I "should" be that I've held for many years. I'm continuing to lose interest in — as well as lose the anxiety about losing this interest — old patterns of social behavior. I've become more of a hermit, but not in a negative way. I've started to focus my days, weeks, months year and life and it leaves little room for frivolous social pursuits.

The more I learn and accept the introvert I've always been, the more ease have with narrowing my attention on creating the art I should have been creating all these years. I'm reading, writing and enjoying life more. My socializing is now focused on people I really connect with. I am amazed at how little time there is once you start doing daily that which you should be doing. For me, that is meditations, exercising, creating (drawing), eating right, and reading. Meditation has of course played a huge factor in all of this, even just for the structure and discipline overlaid on my days now.

Edited by - Yogaman on May 19 2014 01:30:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  11:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  7:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i've read just your last post Yogaman, haven't been very active here lately, will read your other past posts, but I just wanted to say, your last post is so beautiful, your light is shining

Blessings!!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  8:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  10:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

i've read just your last post Yogaman, haven't been very active here lately, will read your other past posts, but I just wanted to say, your last post is so beautiful, your light is shining

Blessings!!

Thanks Yonatan! I aim to post a weekly recap every Sunday. I've had less time to frequent the forum lately but I try to spend time here at least once a week.

Hope things are good on your end. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  10:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes all is well Thank you!!

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 25 2014 :  11:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoga Weekly Recap 5/25/2104

Another week of good sits. Not much experientially has changed, but the deep and still sits are welcome and I continue to be surprised at the difference in character of the mantra vs. the breath as an object of focus. I have found the mantra to be less distinct in my perception of it when mentally repeated. I'm not a fan of Yogani's use of the term "fuzzy" for this effect, as it reminds me of a sweater or something physical that is fuzzy to the touch. It's more that it becomes faint, hazy, imprecise. It doesn't gain another trait, it fades into the "mind field".

Life between sits remains positive. Art, exercise/health, work and family/friends continue to make up the bulk of my day. Not much time for lulls or unwanted thoughts or behaviors. The focus and motivation are much welcomed.

Noticed some issues with some people I know that might have gotten me riled up in the past were approached with detached observation of myself and the situation. Didn't even have to consciously extract myself from the drama, it just happened on its own.

Finished up the last leg of a 100-mile bike trail in my area yesterday. Was one of my goals to bike the entire thing. I couldn't help but make mental analogies while passing mile markers and trailheads with the progress of meditation, and the winding river the bike trail followed being analogous to kundalini energy. While trail trail had a beginning and end, it was only because people decided that a certain part of the territory was to be called "the trail" and the beginning and end were arbitrary. In fact, the southern end of the trail was marked but unfinished. There was no trailhead, no indication that it was under construction.

Another good week.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000