Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Liberation, Enlightened, Reincarnation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  7:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently, I have been thinking of some of these books that I have read about the lives of people like Paramhansa Yogananda, Sri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandas, etc. and I am wondering about something, it is worrying me really. Both of those men that I mentioned relate that they had been liberated/enlightened in previous lives already. But the stories of their lives are written as if they lost their awareness/conciousness of God when born again into a body. Dhyanyogi had to wait 3 decades after his birth before before reconnecting to constant awareness of God.
What is this all about?
Do these guys do this on purpose when they are born in order to relate to the human experience?
Will I have to start over again when I die?
I have had to stop reading such books because the more I read, the less I understand. I just get more confused.

Edited by - Hunter on Jul 22 2006 7:26:12 PM

bipinjoshi

India
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  11:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit bipinjoshi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As said in Bhagvat Gita the practice of Yoga is never wasted. If you die without achieving your goal then in the next birth you continue the practice further. However, in the next birth you need to wait till your body and mind becomes suitable to continue your practices. For example a Yogi reincarnated as a new born child will not be able to perform his sadhana (say Pranayama, Mudras etc.) immediately. He need to grow up to a level so that he can continue. Naturally, some time is wasted. That is why in ancient India Yogis use to practice "Sanjavini" and some mystic medicines to prolong the life. The motive behind having long life was not to enjoy the worldly pleasures but to complete the sadhana in one life itself.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  01:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There was an indian newspaper story with pics about an 8 months old child doing automatic asanas. It seems he just gets into the body movements of all advanced asanas whenever he gets into the mood in the day.

quote:
Will I have to start over again when I die?

If the journey is unfinished you will continue at some point where you left. It is said that a human birth means the journey is still not finished and imperfections still exist. Ofcourse there can be saviors who are just born in human form to pass on the knowledge to others but according to what I read even they will be having traces of imperfections which they want to overcome in the human birth. It is said that angels envy the human birth because it is where the change happens and even they have to take on human form to make progress.

Edited by - nearoanoke on Jul 23 2006 01:42:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  06:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter
Thinking about what is going to happen to us when we die is a favourite pastime of the active mind.

I'm sure you know from reading your books that the essential ingredient of a living saint is to be in the present moment, the here and now.
So if thinking about such things is "doing your head in" then leave it and practice living in the here and now - this is the journey of a saint.
The AYP practices, Deep Meditation etc. will bring you automatically into this in a safe and excellent way. You can also supplement the practice during the day by actively practicing here and now living.

Does this make sense?
Cheers
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  6:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. There is nothing to fear, is there? Thanks for reeling me back in and easing my mind.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  11:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"And so this light of eternal Unity
Has shone in all ages and among all nations,
Through chosen Apostles of God, who came
As men to dwell among men,
To share their joys and sorrows,
To suffer for them and with them,-
Aye, and to suffer more than falls
To ordinary mortal lot,-
That so their message and their life
Might fulfil the eternal
And unchanging purpose of the Most High,-
To lead man to his noblest destiny." -Commentary 7 of the introduction to The Qur'an

"Ever this eternal light of Unity,
This mystic light of God's own Will,
Has shone and shines with undiminished splendour.
The names of many Messengers are inscribed
In the records of many nations and many tongues,
And many were the forms in which their message was delivered,
According to the needs of the times and the understanding of the people;
And manifold were the lives of the Messengers,
And manifold also was the response of their people;
But they all witnessed to the One Truth:
Of God's unity, might, grace and love." -Commentary 8 of the introduction to The Qur'an.

The Qur'an. Trans. Abdullah Yusuf Ali. 4th ed. Elmhurst, NY: Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, Inc., 2002.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  1:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's beautiful Hunter
May you nurture the awareness of the eternal light of unity, always shining through and working through you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000