Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Career and Money
 Do you know of any lifelong meditation monastery?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crystalcat

Sweden
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  08:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anybody know of any meditation monastery where one can do AYP for the rest of this life?

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  09:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I knew - I'd be there ;-)

Interested to hear others suggestions for monasteries to join. I'm going to spend at least 1 year of my life as a monk, and thinking of doing so in about 3 to 5 years.

Many of them belong to a particular lineage or teaching, which is the only reduction of interest for me.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  4:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Crystalcat,

I have no idea, but if there are enough people interested, you may rent a house with other AYP practitioners in the mountains in a village or near a village for one year :-), or at least an AYP retreat for one month and if it works out well, you can do it every year :-)
Go to Top of Page

btotheizzo

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  9:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would to participate in your idea.

I think I am going to do work exchange at http://www.goldenlotus.org/

This is an ashram in northern michigan.

Lineage is kriya yoga of yogananda.

I will continue AYP practices there.

OK, if any of you are in or around Michigan, you can call me, 917 484 3830

Go to Top of Page

Crystalcat

Sweden
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  12:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answers.

I do realize now however that my idea of monastery might be a try to "escape" from the daily world with work etc.

I also feel now that I might should stay here and do what I can to help reduce the suffering of starving people, unhappy people, wars etc, and not run away into a monastery.

Like, that it is more important to me to help those in need than focusing on my enlightenment.

Best wishes.

Btw, I do think however that a AYP-monastery should be created where we could hold retreats and stuff.

It is, though, a project I cannot focus on right now.

I wish you all the best.

Blessings,
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  6:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, since AYP is supposed to be integrated into your normal work world during the day, in between meditation; yeah I do know of such a monastery: you're living in it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000