New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  07:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

Perhaps some of you have already read about it in the "AYP Member Announcements" section of the forum:

We (Christi, Swan and myself at this moment) are looking towards an AYP retreat in South-East Asia. It started with a simple longing here and a question on a thread where participants of the UK retreat shared their experience (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13377).

The retreat can take place if
(1) At least 10 candidates will register for the retreat
(2) We find a suitable venue (with meditation hall, kitchen and rooms for the participants)

Christi, who has quite some experience with AYP retreats already (both on his own and leading in the UK: http://www.secretsofyoga.org/aypretreats.html), is willing to lead on the Asian continent also.

We are still open on the country, though India seems to be a likely choice already at this moment unless people who are interested in a Southeast Asian retreat show more interest in another country.

If you are interested in attending or contributing to an AYP retreat in Southeast Asia, please let us know here.

Also, please specify:
(1) Which country would you prefer?
(2) Do you know a suitable venue in your country of preference?
(3) How flexible are you in terms of dates?

Thank you!

Omsat

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 11 2013 07:45:34 AM

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  01:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat, thanks for the initiative you'v taken up, I am already waiting for it

I would prefer India, and would look around for a suitable venue. Till November it will be bit hard as my leaves are used up, so December onwards is better for me. But I can try and work around so let's hear from other participants first. How many days you have in you mind?
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  03:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swan,

quote:
Originally posted by Swan

Hi Omsat, thanks for the initiative you've taken up, I am already waiting for it

I would prefer India, and would look around for a suitable venue. Till November it will be a bit hard as my leaves are used up, so December onwards is better for me. But I can try and work around so let's hear from other participants first. How many days you have in you mind?

Happy that you're enthousiastic to make it happen also :)

Thank you for your support. Being from India and speaking some of the language(s) is probably a very valuable asset for researching venues.
Perhaps you will get some help here from your brothers and sisters from India.

How many days? It seems that so far most AYP retreats have been 3 to 5 days (most were 3 days). I have not yet attended an AYP retreat, so would prefer to let Christi decide on the retreat-specifics. He can make choices based on his experiences..
If it's only 3 days, I guess that makes it easier for more people to attend; the retreat could then be taking place on a week-end and one week day only to ask for leave from work.

Looking forward also to see this unfold..

Omsat

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  3:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat and Swan,

In terns of days, yes, 3 to 5 days is a good number. Personally I would be more inclined to go for 5 days as most people attending would probably have to travel a fair distance to get there. But I would be happy to do a long weekend if that was preferred.

In terms of dates, Jan/ Feb of next year would be the earliest I could do. Jan/ Feb is also a good time to do a retreat in Central and South India as it starts to get very hot during March. April is a good time to do a retreat in the Himalayas.

Also, a retreat centre which does catering for groups would be ideal.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  6:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

5 days is perfect with me (and less or more also; with favouring more over less): It's a long travel indeed..

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Omsat and Swan,

In terns of days, yes, 3 to 5 days is a good number. Personally I would be more inclined to go for 5 days as most people attending would probably have to travel a fair distance to get there. But I would be happy to do a long weekend if that was preferred.

In terms of dates, Jan/ Feb of next year would be the earliest I could do. Jan/ Feb is also a good time to do a retreat in Central and South India as it starts to get very hot during March. April is a good time to do a retreat in the Himalayas.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  03:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Omsat and Swan,

Christi

Agree with that, so let's proceed with the location after having a tentative date. I think a long notice will be more convenient for people to plan and join. Should we call it a retreat in Himalaya in the summer?

Five days will be wonderful..
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  04:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swan

Should we call it a retreat in Himalaya in the summer?

Five days will be wonderful..

Sounds good to me..
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat,

I would be very interested in a retreat in SE Asia :) I am itching to travel this part of the world and have been on a UK retreat with the wonderful Christi, so this sounds great. To answer your questions:

1) Thailand is my first choice. Followed by Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia... all popular backpacking destinations!
2) I'm afraid not! But happy to do some research.
3) At the moment fairly flexible with enough notice. A xmas retreat would be amazing but I understand that would probably be too soon!

Hope we can get something together :)

Queen
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  4:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and if Himalayas is decided upon then that sounds great too!
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  03:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Queen,

Happy to hear you are enthousiastic about a SE Asia retreat!

As for the timing, it would definately be after the Christmas period as Christi is not available before.

Also, sufficient people showing interest is important before the retreat is being organized as the latter is time-consuming for the leader of the retreat and a number of people are needed to keep the price of the retreat affordable while covering all costs.

Thank you for posting your interest.
I hope more interested people will come in sharing their preferences so we can take further steps.. :)

Btw, I've lived in Thailand for a year (without travelling too much in the country though). If you happen to decide to go there and would like some info, let me know (you can send me a personal message by clicking on omsat)

Warm wishes,
Omsat

quote:
Originally posted by Queen

Hi Omsat,

I would be very interested in a retreat in SE Asia :) I am itching to travel this part of the world and have been on a UK retreat with the wonderful Christi, so this sounds great. To answer your questions:

1) Thailand is my first choice. Followed by Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia... all popular backpacking destinations!
2) I'm afraid not! But happy to do some research.
3) At the moment fairly flexible with enough notice. A xmas retreat would be amazing but I understand that would probably be too soon!

Hope we can get something together :)

Queen

Edited by - Omsat on Oct 29 2013 12:35:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  10:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in!

Preferred location - India / Himalayas
jan/Feb - also perfect
5 days sound good

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  12:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great.. that makes five of us so far

Hi Sey, looking at the climate factor, we were planning a March/April timing for Himalaya retreat as it would be very cold around Jan/Feb there. Do you think March/April will work for you?
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  06:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Count me in!

Preferred location - India / Himalayas
jan/Feb - also perfect
5 days sound good

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  7:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

Interest in a South Asia retreat seems to be growing. It is beginning to look like the Himalayas in the Spring (April/ May) could be the most popular location and time of year.

We still need more people who are interested in joining, and we still need a venue to make it happen.

Where there is a will...

Christi
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  02:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i might come but cant give a final answer until the date and location become clear
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  2:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Regretfully I don't think I would be able to make Himalayas in April/May due to work commitments :( But it sounds amazing, I hope it happens for you all :)
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  02:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Did you hear from people interested whom did not post here?

For Himalayas in the Spring I'm most likely to bring someone along with me, so that adds another participant.. Potentially also some of my friends in India whom are not familiar with AYP may be interested if I tell them (though this is very insecure as I did not ask anyone yet). Would it be ok to have people whom are not yet familiar with AYP practices on the retreat?

Omsat

quote:

Hi guys,

Interest in a South Asia retreat seems to be growing. It is beginning to look like the Himalayas in the Spring (April/ May) could be the most popular location and time of year.

We still need more people who are interested in joining, and we still need a venue to make it happen.

Where there is a will...

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  02:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Queen,

Thanks for letting us know you may not be available in the Spring.. Nothing is fixed yet... Let's wait and see more responses..

Received your email and answered..

Omsat

quote:
Originally posted by Queen

Regretfully I don't think I would be able to make Himalayas in April/May due to work commitments :( But it sounds amazing, I hope it happens for you all :)

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  05:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will probably be x2 - My partner will mostly likely want to join. Not yet an AYPer but he is interested.
Oh and yes... I hate cold, so April/May should work just as well for me

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on Oct 28 2013 05:16:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  10:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Christi,

Did you hear from people interested whom did not post here?

For Himalayas in the Spring I'm most likely to bring someone along with me, so that adds another participant.. Potentially also some of my friends in India whom are not familiar with AYP may be interested if I tell them (though this is very insecure as I did not ask anyone yet). Would it be ok to have people whom are not yet familiar with AYP practices on the retreat?

Omsat

Hi Omsat

Nobody has contacted me outside of this forum, only on this thread.

Yes, it is absolutely fine for people with no previous AYP experience to come on an AYP retreat. At the beginning of every retreat I lead I give full instruction on the practices involved. I also encourage people who are new to AYP to read the relevant lessons on this site and have a go at least of Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama before the retreat starts so they have some experience before the first day. On the U.K retreats we always get a few people coming who are new to AYP and they always get on fine.

At the moment I am looking for a suitable venue.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  12:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I will probably be x2 - My partner will mostly likely want to join. Not yet an AYPer but he is interested.

Sey

Hi Sey,

That's great. Looks like we are on about 6 people so far. The more the merrier.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  11:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sey

Edited by - Omsat on Oct 29 2013 11:10:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  11:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Hi Omsat

Nobody has contacted me outside of this forum, only on this thread.

Yes, it is absolutely fine for people with no previous AYP experience to come on an AYP retreat. At the beginning of every retreat I lead I give full instruction on the practices involved. I also encourage people who are new to AYP to read the relevant lessons on this site and have a go at least of Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama before the retreat starts so they have some experience before the first day. On the U.K retreats we always get a few people coming who are new to AYP and they always get on fine.

At the moment I am looking for a suitable venue.

Christi

Happy to hear you're already taking further steps!

I will inquire with a couple of Indian friends if they are free and interested to join. Some of them may have travelled in the Himalayas. Who knows they know of a venue also.

How about sending an email to AYP practioners from India referring to this thread? Likely some are not checking the forum on a regular basis, and perhaps amongst them is someone interested in joining the retreat as well.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2013 :  06:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

O.K. I have found a prospective retreat centre that we can use in the Himalayas, and we even have some dates!

It is the Naturoville Vedic Retreat Centre near Rishikesh and the dates are Sat 26th April until Friday 2nd May 2014 (5 days, 6 nights). Arrival would be on the Saturday afternoon with the retreat starting that evening after dinner. It would be 5 full days with the last session on the evening of 1st May and departure after breakfast on Friday 2nd May.

It is a very spacious retreat centre and they have a purpose built yoga hall which we would have exclusive use of for the retreat. There is also a large swimming pool which we would have use of.

Rishikesh is one of the most holy towns in India and one of my personal favourites. It is in the foothills of the Himalayas about 6 hours by train from Delhi. The nearest airport is 13km away at Dehra Dun.

The cost of the retreat would be 400 British pounds which is 645 US dollars or 468 Euros. That includes 6 nights accommodation in shared rooms (double/ twin), 3 meals a day plus dinner on the first night and breakfast on the last day and all the yoga classes (5 each day:). There is also the option to have single rooms if people prefer. Accommodation would be in deluxe rooms (en suite) with hot water and we will have the use of the multigym.

Here is the catch: We need at least 10 people to confirm that they would like to come in order to be able to run the retreat and to get the use of the yoga hall. The centre are holding the dates for us for the next 2 weeks (until 17th Nov) and if we have 10 people by then we can confirm and the retreat will go ahead.

So at the moment all I need are the names of people who would like to come. Post in this thread, or PM me by clicking on my name or PM me here.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2013 :  06:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Looks fabulous...

I already confirmed through message on your website.

Thank you very much for finding a beautiful place and thinking out the practicalities..

Omsat

quote:

Hi everyone,

O.K. I have found a prospective retreat centre that we can use in the Himalayas, and we even have some dates!

It is the Naturoville Vedic Retreat Centre near Rishikesh and the dates are Sat 26th April until Friday 2nd May 2014 (5 days, 6 nights). Arrival would be on the Saturday afternoon with the retreat starting that evening after dinner. It would be 5 full days with the last session on the evening of 1st May and departure after breakfast on Friday 2nd May.

It is a very spacious retreat centre and they have a purpose built yoga hall which we would have exclusive use of for the retreat. There is also a large swimming pool which we would have use of.

Rishikesh is one of the most holy towns in India and one of my personal favourites. It is in the foothills of the Himalayas about 6 hours by train from Delhi. The nearest airport is 13km away at Dehra Dun.

The cost of the retreat would be 400 British pounds which is 645 US dollars or 468 Euros. That includes 6 nights accommodation in shared rooms (double/ twin), 3 meals a day plus dinner on the first night and breakfast on the last day and all the yoga classes (5 each day:). There is also the option to have single rooms if people prefer. Accommodation would be in deluxe rooms (en suite) with hot water and we will have the use of the multigym.

Here is the catch: We need at least 10 people to confirm that they would like to come in order to be able to run the retreat and to get the use of the yoga hall. The centre are holding the dates for us for the next 2 weeks (until 17th Nov) and if we have 10 people by then we can confirm and the retreat will go ahead.

So at the moment all I need are the names of people who would like to come. Post in this thread, or PM me by clicking on my name or PM me here.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  03:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi
I m very interested but cant confirm anything before early next year.
Hope that 10 persons will confirm in those 2 coming weeks

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000