New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  9:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brill idea Shanti! And two people on an emergency sounds pretty handleable. This can get us feedback on how this works when one is feeling specifically 'sick', 'unwell' or 'in pain', or is feeling 'normal'. Both. But as you say, except the sainted saints, all of us have our store of blockages.

It would be nice if the 'energised' or 'healed' ones reported here on any lasting changes, or lack of any. It could even be felt over the week instead of the same day. Maybe the feedback could lead us to alter or modify our approach in times to come.

I'm fine with being on the list.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  03:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

We will still have to wait for most people to agree on this.. but I guess you are OK with it, right?

Yep, count me in !
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  11:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea Shweta on the list.

Scott raises a good point about concerns about how the samyama healing might affect him.
If anyone feels they are on the edge of all they can handle, from a self pacing point of view, then it might be prudent to be cautious.
On the other hand if they are experienced and willing to take that risk the feedback would be very valuable.

To my mind it is very important that people stick to the proper way of doing samyama as described by Yogani in
http://www.aypsite.org/150.html

It would probably be agood idea if everyone re-read this lesson. In particular the part that says

"In your easy silence, pick up, just once, the fuzziest feeling of the
word "Love" in your own language. Don't deliberately make a clear
pronunciation, or mental images of this or that scene or situation
that represent Love to you. Just have a faint remembrance of Love,
and then let go into your silence, the easy silence you are in as you
pick up the faint meaning of Love. Don't contemplate Love or analyze
it during samyama. Don't think about it at all. Just come to it once
in a faint, subtle way, and then let go into silence. It is a subtle
feeling of Love we are coming to, nothing more, and letting it go.
Like that.

Having thought "Love" once, be in silence for about fifteen seconds.
If any thoughts come, let them go easily. Don't look at the clock.
With a little practice your inner clock will tell you with good
enough accuracy when fifteen seconds is up. Just be easy in silence
for about a quarter of a minute. Then pick up the faint, fuzzy
meaning of "Love" again, and let it go again into your silence for
about fifteen seconds again.

That is two repetitions of samyama – twice picking up Love at its
subtlest level of thought, and twice letting it go into inner
silence."

The word love is replaced by the name of the recipient. With Andrew we could possibly say, at Andrews request "Andrew and his upper middle back" in a faint and fuzzy and just let go into silence.

The importance of doing this correctly is vital. It means the samyama is a very pure form of prayer that is safe both for the receiver and the giver. There is no manipulation of energies, just simply surrendering the intention into inner silence and let happen what is meant to happen. The intelligence of the inner silence will take care of it, we don't get involved in any actual healing.

Hope this helps
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  12:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It means the samyama is a very pure form of prayer that is safe both for the receiver and the giver. There is no manipulation of energies, just simply surrendering the intention into inner silence and let happen what is meant to happen. The intelligence of the inner silence will take care of it, we don't get involved in any actual healing.

Thanks Louis.. this really does help.
Go to Top of Page

yogaguy

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  6:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be interested in knowing what qualifies someone to be capable of healing through samayama. Many people can meditate to some degree through whatever techniques but what penicle must be reached in order to effectively heal through samayama? Do you need to have accomplished out of body experiences by merging into the emptyness that lies in the fifth level of absorption according to buddhist tradition "astral projection" or is some one who is cable of passing the pranic sheath phase and entering into a deep state of realease "pratahara" enough? samayama is to become one with the object of meditation! So far I have only viserly achieved that in my own body through chakra awareness and kundalini experience. Do I need to be somewhat enlightened at the time I try to heal some one such as the state achieved after raising kundalini awareness in my own body?
Sincerely, Yogaguy

I truly would like to learn how to heal some one else using spiritual energy only.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  09:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogaguy

You are obviously an experienced at meditation and this is very helpful. You will need to work through the main lessons using Yogani's very clear and concise instructions and eventually you will come to the practice of samyama.

It may be more appropriate to call it samyama prayer but that's another story.

Hope this helps
Louis

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From my experience....

The samyama here puts you in a state of whatever you're samyama-ing. If you say "health" and drop it, as the lessons say to do, then you should be in a powerful state of health. You get the vibe of whatever word you use.

If that made ANY sense.

Then, apparently, if you think of a person, your state of being is transmitted to them. They get the effects of the 9 affirmations. I'm not absolutely sure if it works, but it's worth a shot.

I think it helps if you bring to mind your feeling of a person, instead of their name or anything else. Just the raw feeling.

If that even makes any sense. I'm horrible at describing what I mean...sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for this healing blessing. I felt and still feel a very gentle and loving energy and I am very grateful. Peace and love to everyone.

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  5:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti for putting me on the list... I could use the help to be honest.... I've had a very very full and busy month with work and I'm feeling exhausted. I finish my schedule on the 4th.... so.. perfect timing.

I look forward to the 6th.... in the meantime...

love and light to all

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2006 :  03:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will be off for holidays to Portugal till end of August.
So I don't know if I have a chance to participate here in the forum.
But I definitely won't forget our sunday meetings !

take care
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2006 :  12:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy your holidays Wolfgang..
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  05:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See you at 4.15 Dublin time
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  05:13:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
If you are healing others in this way it is enough to have the simple intent and they will receive the healing.Actually you can program your intent by simply stating to yourself the way in which you want things to happen.If you simply ask God or whomever you wish that the person receives for their highest good or simply love then you take yourself out of the equation and open the person up to the pure intent and energies.If you take note at other times you may notice that when you think of another that you feel energy movement even when not in meditation.You are simply making an energetic connection and the energy is flowing between you.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to the group meditation today, starting in less than 1 hour now (11:15am Est). Babaly get ready!
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will be joining in for the first time today... Can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you will join us Brett.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  12:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You east coast people are a little too chipper on Sunday mornings. 8:15 indeed....the birds aren't even up yet out here. I slid in about 10 min. too late, but caught up with you during samyama. Back to bed......

O <------ (incoherent little face with dark circles under eyes and messed up hair) (and definitely no make-up)
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  6:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone..... it really helped:-)

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  7:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brett,
I hope your first meditation session with us was good Would you like to be a part of our Shamyama healing recipient list. If yes, let us know.. we will put your name on it.
Thanks again for joining us on Sunday.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 07 2006 7:57:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  11:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Yes I enjoyed it quite much. Thank you for bringing this wonderful idea to fruition.

I would be honored to be part of the Shamyama healing recipient list.

Looking forward to next week.

Namaste,
Brett
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  08:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Shamyama Healing" - recipient list.

Dates are in the month/day/year format.
Andrew---- 07/30/06 ***
Babaly----- 08/06/06***
David------ 08/13/06
Elldibor---- 08/20/06
Ether------ 08/27/06
Jim-------- 09/03/06
Katrine---- 09/10/06
Louis------ 09/17/06
Meg------- 09/24/06
Near------ 10/01/06
Richard---- 07/23/06***
Sadhak---- 0/08/06
Sarah------07/16/06***
Shweta----10/15/06
Victor------10/22/06
Wolfgang---10/29/06
Brett------ 11/05/06
Nicole----- 11/12/06

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 08 2006 3:14:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  08:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
If there is anyone else who whould like to be on this list please do let us know. You don't have to be a part of the Meditation group in order to receive Shamyama healing.
Thanks...

Hi Brett,
You are on the list now.. for Nov 5th.
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

What a great idea! I would love to be apart of both the meditation group and the samyama healing list. Sign me up :)

Nicole
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  3:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole

Hello,
What a great idea! I would love to be apart of both the meditation group and the samyama healing list. Sign me up :)
Nicole

Hi Nicole,
We would love to have you with us during our weekly meditation. Not sure where you are from but you could either look here to see if you can figure out what would be your local time. Or go to this website
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock
then either calculate the time difference between NY and your city/country... and then add/subtract it from 11.15 am.
Or go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...nverter.html enter your city/country and USA/ New York City/NY and enter 11.15 am for NY time.
This should give you your local time. We start our Mantra Meditation at 11.15 am NY time. If I have confused you, let me know and I will figure the time out for you..
See you on Sunday.
You are on the Shamyama Healing recipient list for Nov 12th.
Go to Top of Page

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  4:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

Thank you so much, you didn't have to go to all the trouble though hehe I am in Florida... but thanks :) I will start with all of you at 11:15 AM on Sunday.
Thanks for adding me to the healing list, how fun!

Edited by - Nicole on Aug 09 2006 4:59:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000