New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  12:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigo

I also use japa and mantras. I use OM japa and OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya in mu sadhana. Outside of sadhana my all time favorite is OM Mani Padme Hum recorded by Tibetan Incantations. It is a beautiful rendition.

The Gayatri Mantra is another mantra I like.

Thank you so much for sharing Indigo!

I too use the Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya in some of the kriya practices...

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  12:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, after years of wanting to learn the Sri Rudram unsuccessfully, I took it up again two months ago.

And this time, it just flowed into my memory retention. Without any specific goal, I just trudged along, learning a few verses here and there. Finally, I finished memorizing the two parts of this great hymn last night - the Rudra Namakam and the Chamakam. Each consists of 11 parts (anuvakas). Rudra Namakam consists of verses in praise of Rudra, the dynamic form of Shiva. The Chamakam, on the other hand, in traditional lingo, consists of descriptions of benefits of chanting the Rudram, describing 347 boons to be had, across material and ethereal realms.

Researching this further, I came across this interesting reinterpretation of the chamakam, which resonates much more than any other explanation I've read thus far. It gives a fresher perspective to the grandeur of the Vedas: http://www.medhajournal.com/article...ce/1006.html

Some of the energetic changes I've experienced with this chanting have been very interesting. The verses play in my mind during sleep and daily activities, often self-correcting and self-propogating without conscious effort or will. Often I feel every cell reverberating and bathed in clear light, sometimes blissful and at other times making me jittery..

All in all, one of the most beautiful experiences learning the Sri Rudram - made my daily long commute welcome and blissful (the only block of time when such learning can take place)..

Edited by - kami on Nov 08 2013 12:46:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

nikhilk

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2016 :  02:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kami. I read your experiences of chanting mantra. I am myself doing the chanting of two mantras(without initiation) interchangeably from past 1month.(continuous). How and when will I recieve guidance in my path.
Go to Top of Page

mahesh ch

India
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  12:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
During the festival of Diwali people across India particularly hindu communities perform puja to Goddess Lakshmi by chanting mahalakshmi Stotram which will please Goddess Lakshmi and showers her blessings in the form of wealth and happiness.Mahalakshmi stotram is one of the most powerful mantras of Goddess Lakshmi.
Go to Top of Page

mahesh ch

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  11:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
am too a devotee of maa durga, every day I visit temple and offer my prayers by chanting maa durga mantra so that goddess will bless me with good health and peace of mind.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  4:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nikhilk,

Sorry for the late response. Mantras in my experience take on lives of their own and bear fruit in various ways. They will lead you to the teachers and teachings you need to progress!

Go to Top of Page

dcamero

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami
Mantras in my experience take on lives of their own and bear fruit in various ways. They will lead you to the teachers and teachings you need to progress!

That's very interesting you say that. I did the Christian mantra meditation of Fr. John Main for about five years. It's been mentioned once or twice on these forums. Toward the end, it did lead in an unexpected direction. Long, long account here: http://christianmeditationbook.com/downloads
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000