Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 morning prayer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  02:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
over here and since few days, another layer of fears/obstuctions is being seen through...the process never ends...it seems to be phases of inner peace followed by phases of seeing through where one faces the same fears again ...the process will keep on repeating itself till fears are compeltely eroded...after each phase one realizes more how much we can not control anything...there are no guarantees...so surrender increases ...and after each phase, the surrender is deeper with a bigger scope too... most people mistakenly think that they are in control, how clueless they are

this "fragility" of life, increases fear....it is like jumping from a plane without a parachute ....at any second my life the life of others that you love might change...and we fear the dramatic changes

So every second might be wonderful or might be negatively life changing....what can we do? nothing...just let it happen and surrendetr the fears to inner silence

i thought that a morning prayer might be helpful besides samyama...so i found this one on the internet, i added to it a sentence in bold

Dear Lord, I pray that you would give me strength to be strong for You in the world today. Lord, you know the struggles that I will face today whereas i don not know them . Be with me as I go through them. Carry me if I am too weak to move. Amen.

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  07:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
Most people mistakenly think that they are in control, how clueless they are

quote:
So every second might be wonderful or might be negatively life changing....what can we do? nothing...just let it happen and surrendetr the fears to inner silence

I'm not sure I understand. Is this inner silence the mud into which I saw my armor sink? I thought it protected me so that I could implement my strategies, but it bound my fears to my heart. As soon as it unfastened, it sank under its own weight. But now my fears are unfettered. Where will these fearsome spirits go?

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  6:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I have a morning prayer that goes, "[Lord, I can't handle my life.]* I give to You this day and always, all of my thoughts, words, deeds and feelings. May You be glorified."

The part in [ ]* is optional and I include it on the mornings when things are particularly overwhelming.

Edited by - Radharani on Aug 13 2013 6:52:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2013 :  02:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have a morning prayer that goes, "[Lord, I can't handle my life.]* I give to You this day and always, all of my thoughts, words, deeds and feelings. May You be glorified."

oh that is beautiful....exactly what i feel...i can not control/handle my life..dear Lord please take the lead excatly like Krishna being the charioteer of Arjuna
thank you Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  12:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:

oh that is beautiful....exactly what i feel...i can not control/handle my life..dear Lord please take the lead excatly like Krishna being the charioteer of Arjuna
thank you Jamie

you are so very welcome, dear!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000