Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Tonic herbs to speed up enlightenment!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  05:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm really excited because I just got Ron Teeguarden's book "The Ancient Wisdom of the Chinese Tonic herbs". I saw some longevity now videos of him talking about how herbs are very very powerful at speeding up the process of enlightenment. He claims dramatically. A good reason to watch out for self pacing.

So far I have had lots of success with Chaga Mushrooms (good for the pineal gland) and Reishi mushrooms(consciousness in general). I'm also experimenting with Schisandra berries at the moment which can improve your liver function, which reduces anger/irritability. It helps with energy blockages in the liver. It's also a great Qi/Prana herb. Schisandra has been a BIG success with my body so far. I feel very clear minded instead of being stuffed up which liver problems can do to you.

Not mention these herbs have improved my health dramatically. Chaga mushrooms are the best by far! Chaga has improved my health more than anything I have ever tried in some ways. Clear skin, quick recovery time from exercise, better moods and energy, detoxification. Chaga is claimed to be the most anti-cancer herb in nature by a study (has to be wild harvested though, anti-cancer chemicals are in the birch tree which it grows on).

I've had success with the yoga/Ayurveda/Indian herbs like Tulsi, Gotu Kola and Ashwagandha. But my body seems to like the Chinese herbs better. Maybe it's genetic. I drink Tulsi from time to time to calm down. Most stores with a health food section have it. Gotu Kola is supposed to be the most spiritual of the indian herbs. In my experience it some pretty interesting effects on my mood.

How popular are herbs with AYP people? I should at least find some Tulsi fans, I read that Tulsi was supposed to benefit yoga. Tulsi is great for prana!

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  3:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi crazymandrew,

I'm a fan of herbs and have used dozens of different ones over the years, but I just had to comment because the title of your thread made me laugh... the concept of "speeding up (the) enlightenment (process)" just seemed entirely comical in the moment that I read it.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  02:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I know. But I mostly ment that herbs can speed up purification of the nervous system and clean toxins out of the body.

That's what I meant by speed up the process of enlightenment.

Schisandra has help me tremendously so far. Dexotification can help you think so much more clearly and helps with energy.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  10:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This sounds very interesting, Crazymandrew!

Maybe some Tulsi tea is in order for me. It's cool that you bring this up. I had a close friend in college who was always ranting about chi and what not. He moved to China many years ago to follow his dreams, I suppose. Essentially this chi is prana. And now I can feel it.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there crazymanandrew,

Agree with Carson - if only herbs could speed up enlightenment! But I also understand your point. Herbs have been a big part of my sadhana, that initially began with trying to alleviate overload symptoms. And the right herbs can work miracles. There isn't one "magic" herb that works for all, IMHO; it really depends on the particular issues that each of us may have. I prefer Pitta and Vata alleviating herbs like Shatavari and Ashwagandha, the two things that got rid of overload symptoms for the most part, allowing me to take up intense practices again. But of course, herbs are only a part of practices and lifestyle that maintain balance.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Markkoutz379

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  10:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This store has some great tonic herbs to enhance your meditation, yoga or any other spiritual practice one might find themselves involved in. A couple herbs I've benefited from would be Reishi #1 because it allows me to have deeper and longer meditations with more consciousness. It truly has to be experienced to understand what it can help you with physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
Chaga, He Shou Wo, and Gynostemma are also herbs i enjoy and benefit from pretty regularly. I wont go into enormous detail unless someone would like me to but you can also find out more by visiting the link to the store i will provide below. I trust and love the quality and value of this stores products so this is why i chose to share it with everyone here. Enjoy

http://www.hyperionherbs.com?ap_id=markkoutz379
Go to Top of Page

HideshPranachard

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2015 :  9:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anything in Chinese Medicine known as a Shen tonic herb will be good for enlightenment. Off the top of my head a few are Pearl, Wild Reishi, Mimosa Tree Bark, Shilajit, etc.

Then you have plant medicines, which are more than herbs, that can also speed development of consciousness... Ayahuasca, Peyote, San Pedro, etc. although these have greater risks and may affect the aura, etc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000