AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 The "see" in Consciousness (Robert Wolfe)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  08:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
An active inquiry which I suggest you print out and do, meditatively, to experience its potential and consequences. I've moderated the wording slightly from the original as I believe it improves the clarity.

The "see" in consciousness, excerpt from Living Non-Duality, by Robert Wolfe.

Lie down on the bed. Close your eyes. Envision any thing you can think of, tangible or intangible. Discover for yourself whether there is any thing which exists for you that does not exist within your consciousness.

Is it not true that everything which you can say that exists can be discovered within consciousness? In fact, YOU are among the things that exist in consciousness, is it not so?

Consider this also. If consciousness were to be removed, you would cease to exist, so far as you could verify, correct? In fact everything would cease to exist: the entire universe would vanish would it not?

"Oh no, it would only vanish for me," someone might say. "But not for all others." Yet every other that you suppose exists, exists within consciousness.

Place your hand on your leg. Close your eyes and experience the sensation. Are not both the visual images "hand" and "leg", and the sensation "hand on leg", experiences taking place within consciousness? Feel the weight of your hand on your leg. Is not that feeling a reality within consciousness?

Has it occurred to you that the common denominator of everything that you can maintain as existent or nonexistent is (this presence of) consciousness? Why have the mystics claimed "Consciousness is all there is"?

Is it possible that "you" exist only in consciousness? Is it possible that you exist, actually, AS consciousness? Have you considered that consciousness is not IN YOU, but that YOU are IN consciousness?

Therefore this consciousness is not yours, you and all else, can disappear while consciousness persists.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000