Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Are basements grounding?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  07:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just moved into a house that is sunk halfway into the ground, and I seem to be sleeping better. My bed is below ground level now, and feels more firm, and I feel like I am heavy and falling when going to sleep.
I think maybe energy from the earth is stronger here.

Has anyone else experienced better grounding in a basement?

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  11:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I live in a basement. The floor is about four feet below ground-level. The upstairs is my art galery. I don't think of basement living as grounding so much geo-thermal -- cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. It is cavelike. I feel pretty grounded when I am up and about in my basement. I have not noticed particular sensations of heaviness or falling when going to sleep. If anything, I'd say that when I am going to sleep, I hover about two inches above my cot, and when I need to be reminded of my body that weighs me down (my grounding) I do mulabandha and sambhavi.

Basements are underrated. Welcome to below ground-level living.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  1:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish,

Over the past 3 years I have developed the basement in my home from scratch. When we moved into this house there were only the foundation walls down there. What I noticed was that life would consistently put me in situations where I would have to work down there every spare moment I had for one or two month spurts when I needed extra grounding. It wasn't something I did on purpose, but I would find myself with specific deadlines that would require lots of long hours in the basement during periods of time when I really needed extra grounding. And I found that it helped tremendously.

Inversely, I have also found that being considerably above ground/sea level, acutely contributes to ungrounding (for me). I currently live in Calgary, which is 3500' above sea level, and a month ago I taught a Deep Meditation course for the corporate leaders of the company I work for on the 34th floor of a high rise. By the end of the program I was considerably overloaded and ungrounded.... was in full out cold-sweats, visibly shaking and was seeing "the light matrix" with eyes open and could not turn it off. Within a few hours of being out of the tower I was back to normal. And for the last three weeks I have been in Erie PA and Vancouver, both of which are at (or nearly at) sea level. I was able to practice every single day without any difficulties at all for the first time since the end of 2011.

Are there other factors involved in the situations above? Absolutely. But based on my experience I have no problems concluding that, at least for me, the physical "altitude" my body is at has a direct effect on the internal energies.

Nice to see you posting again Bewell.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  10:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys,
I guess falling was the wrong word. It is a delicious sinking feeling, like if you were super tired, and slow motion falling into a big soft bed.
Well, my house is a mile above sea level, but underground here is still good. Quieter than above ground too.
I know what you mean about high rise buildings Carson. I do a lot of work in them, and in elevator shafts, and although i like it, and it is beautiful when those people have floor to ceiling windows three hundred feet in the air, it is not at all grounding. I don't know how they sleep up there. It gives me a feeling of unsettling, or unfinished; incomplete. The richest guy in one 34 story tower i work in lives on the ground floor, right at street level! His apartment is arranged so it is kinda hidden- you can't recognize someone lives there- then inside is all hand rubbed wood and antique asian art. Pretty cool.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  12:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not that it's relevant to the topic, but then again, maybe it could be, but...I had a dream last night in which Carson was doing some "laying on of hands" healing to an elderly woman. And actually, now that I think about it, the room was elevated high off the ground.

Body is grounded, soul is soaring.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000