New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  06:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYAM 2
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  11:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Joined everybody at 8.45 pm, IST. This one was short and deep. There was a difference. Still hazy...though I rested quite a bit.

The Group sessions are always in ADDITION to the twice a day norms; is that right?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  11:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,

Not for me, the group meditation replaced my morning session. I can only do 2 sessions a day at the moment, if I did much more I would probably go over.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for a wonderful meditation.

Even pranayama started out with a very gentle and loving energy. I was truly surprised by the intensity of the group meditation, wave after increasing wave of ecstatic and blissful energy. I even went past my usual 15 minute limit and was glad I did as the last wave reached the highest intensity. Very enjoyable and unexpected. Rested longer to help prevent over doing symptoms, hopefully I will not pay too high a price for going over!

Looking forward to the next time, will make it whenever I can!

Anthem11

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  12:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that was a deep one. I crashed right out this time, came out of it after about 40 Min's and did my Samyama. Very deep session I havent crashed out like that for ages

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  12:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

Deep and with intense energy for me...

since Scott belives that experiences can be harmful:
quote:

It seems like when people get these experiences, their bhakti momentarily dies. They stop caring about the goal, and only care about this new interesting state of mind. So I don't think experiences are helpful in terms of bhakti, but rather, they can be harmful if focused on.

i will practice respect to his belifs and not share them openly

For those who like Yogani think, it is not a big deal:

quote:

As for the open discussions on experiences, it's sort of like democracy, you know ... sometimes messy, but much better than the alternative. Some of us old timers have seen the alternative, living under hierarchies that prohibit discussions on experiences, and it does not work.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2

i am ready to share the experiences of this session off the forum in pm.

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again all of you for sharing your meditation with me.

Thanks for joining us Sadhak.. and yes, you are right, Yogani does say that, group meditation does not count as your normal twice a day routine. But like Andrew said, if you cannot handle more than 2 sessions, make this one (in your case) the second session.
In lesson#37 Yogani says..
quote:
Group meditations are not a substitute for your regular twice-daily
meditations. Your individual practice is your primary practice, and
should always be. This keeps your spiritual destiny in your hands, in
your daily practice, regardless of other circumstances. Groups come
and go. Group meditations can be a wonderful boost, but they will
come and go too. Don't rely on them as core practice. Think of them
as bonuses. Life is always changing on the outside. Be sure that your
daily practice is ingrained as an inside aspect of your life, not
subject to being waylaid by outer events.

Thanks Andrew for joining us. I too had to rest much longer today, I think I actually fell asleep for a few mins..

Richard.. I am with you this time.. I too "crashed right out".
This group thing does boost your meditation. This was my second session for the morning.. and the first was just my regular meditation.. but this one just took me in real deep... I am not sure where I was.. lost somewhere..

Elldibor, we would love to hear your experiences. Please do share it with us.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  4:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Elldibor, you misunderstood me. Post whatever you want! Tell about your experiences.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  6:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Thanks again all of you for sharing your meditation with me.
Richard.. I am with you this time.. I too "crashed right out".
This group thing does boost your meditation. This was my second session for the morning.. and the first was just my regular meditation.. but this one just took me in real deep... I am not sure where I was.. lost somewhere..

I do this as my afternoon meditation session 4.15pm is not to faraway from my time anyway.

I'm not sure that Yogani meant this sort of group meditation this is more just us meditating at the same time as opposed to a group of people gathered in a room meditating together there is a subtle difference there. I couldn't take more anyway I think I would overload

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  7:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by azaz932001
I'm not sure that Yogani meant this sort of group meditation this is more just us meditating at the same time as opposed to a group of people gathered in a room meditating together there is a subtle difference there.

Yes. He's talking about in-person groups. If you're just doing your same-old practice the same-old way, but concurrently with others elsewhere, I'd STRONGLY suggest counting it as one of your two daily sessions.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  10:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma
I'm not sure that Yogani meant this sort of group meditation this is more just us meditating at the same time as opposed to a group of people gathered in a room meditating together there is a subtle difference there.

Jim, my experience this morning tells me this could well be true. I'm unusually tired and sluggish. Yet when I do the group at 8.45 pm, it's a short way to bed from there... so maybe there was the issue of not enough activity after the session.

Everybody seems to have gone the 'deep' way. The group sharing the tip of the experience allows us to observe the phenomenon of concurrent experiences in group. Richard, "Crashed out" is a very apt description of the aftermath for me as well. That's another repetetive theme in this session, isn't it?

A paradox with this one was that though I went in deep immediately and lost track of time, when I came out I felt it was a long time, though it was much shorter than usual. Usually, it's supposed to be the other way round.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  10:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

In lesson#37 Yogani says..
[quote]Group meditations are not a substitute for your regular twice-daily
meditations. Your individual practice is your primary practice, and
should always be. This keeps your spiritual destiny in your hands, in
your daily practice, regardless of other circumstances. Groups come
and go. Group meditations can be a wonderful boost, but they will
come and go too. Don't rely on them as core practice. Think of them
as bonuses. Life is always changing on the outside. Be sure that your
daily practice is ingrained as an inside aspect of your life, not
subject to being waylaid by outer events.

Hi All:

The intent in the above lesson was to discourage folks from relying on group meditations as a primary source of practice, which some of us might tend to do. Much more important is to have our home routine well-established and be self-sufficient in that. Then whatever else comes along in the way of group meditations, etc., we can regard as a bonus.

When preparing the lesson, I was not thinking of worldwide long-distance meditations, or their potential power for wide-scale purification and opening. In this case (or any powerful group meditation situation), it is incumbent on all of us to keep self-pacing in mind, as needed, whether the group meditation happens to be during our regular routine of practice, or in addition to it. It can be done either way. Each should weigh the results and make adjustments accordingly, as I see many of you are doing already.

Smart self-pacers, you are.

The world meditations are a wonderful new program, with very promising long term potential. Thank you, Shanti!

Gee, how many thousands can join in, and what will be the long term effect on world consciousness? Let's find out...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

elldibor

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  12:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit elldibor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

There is a paradox about the experiences issue.

It is THE experience what motivates us to do spiritual practices and they generate NEW experiences. Then comes the next step - organizing and integrating them into our psyche. Therefore the correct approach would be to not ignore what has happened, what was presented to our consciousness, but to integrate it in our understanding of ourselves, other human beings, god and the world we live in.

Simply ignoring experiences will not lead us to where we are heading.

The ancient teachings prohibited discussing experiences because the ancient people were in quite a different situation, they were in a position to "watch the grass grow... ". Imagine the rural life in India or Tibet... Someone sharing a vivid archetypal experience would influence for an indefinite time the internal life of the naïve immature student.

We are in quite a different position. We are sensorialy and informationaly overloaded. In our culture we have been subjected to multitude of stimuli which activated every possible inborn behavioral program(archetype) in our brains - from fear and violence trough the passions of sex, revenge, self-proof, and victory over "the others", to the gentle romantic love and the god-like realizations and experiences.

We have been exposed to this and much more. We know what is attractive to us, and that this attraction is changeable, sometimes quite unreachable and we want permanence and peace, right?

When we speak of experiences, there is another phenomenon to consider - the human nature. It happens that humans can go trough a process of strong attraction to an object and then after some of time lose their interest to it altogether. This is called transcending. Of all objects the most difficult to understand and transcend is our own Ego. And Ego is, in fact, a way, a mental habit to interpret our experiences.

One of the main things a human guru in India would do is to give you a technique, which will lead you to big, great, amazing experiences and when you run back all smiles and proud - s/he will bring you down from the peaks your ego has put you on.

Therefore only a minority of people from the West would submit them selves to a training by a traditional guru, esp. the educated and socially active people, the pressure on the Ego is too much, especially for the beginners.

Instead we have forums. Let's use them properly for self understanding and growth, by helping others with compassion, not for a fame or money, while adapting the eternal principles of spiritual growth for our time and situation.

Until we transcend it

'Dare to know'
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  1:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Elldibor said:
It is THE experience what motivates us to do spiritual practices and they generate NEW experiences. Then comes the next step - organizing and integrating them into our psyche. Therefore the correct approach would be to not ignore what has happened, what was presented to our consciousness, but to integrate it in our understanding of ourselves, other human beings, god and the world we live in.

Simply ignoring experiences will not lead us to where we are heading.

Yes, there is truth in that, Elldibor. There is indeed a lot of paradox in the whole thing. In the teaching dance, a notion like 'ignore experiences' may be put forward, but a more accurate and nuanced admonition may be 'don't attach too much weight, or the wrong kind of weight, to experiences'.

Paradoxes exist when there are approximations and ambiguities. And approximations and ambiguities are pretty much inevitable in spiritual teaching, because if spiritual teaching were done in such a way that there are no approximations or ambiguities, the teachings would be so intellectually difficult that it would be inaccessible to most people, and the remaining ones might be confusing the intellectual grasp of the teachings with spiritual progress.

So, instead, the approximations go out, and the ambiguities are resolved in practice, not in theory.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jul 10 2006 1:44:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  11:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

I sat doing pranayama like that with my finger on the button of alarm. When it rang, i immedeatly stopped it by pressing button and starting IAM ing at the correct time.

Hi Near, try using an egg timer. You don't need to bang down its alarm head to make it stop...it has a short ring usually.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  12:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This time it felt like a normal session, except for the distraction of my daughter playing the flute.

When I started the healing samyama it was like I shifted into a different mode, went very deep and had to rest for about 45 minutes afterwards (normally would rest for a couple of minutes).
Still feel it deeply.
Thanks everyone, thanks Sarah and thanks to the inner silence.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  1:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This my second group meditation felt more "usual" than the first time, but overall, still extra energy and intensity. A big exception was when I said Sarah's name and disappeared into the most intense inner space. Lot's of love and joy.

Thank you all,

A
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  1:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I don't think I managed to do Samyama at the same time as everyone else I crashed after about the first five minutes of med, one of those quick ones where you just fall forward and then come out of it and then I went back in again lost consciousness completely and came too half an hour later, I did the samyama anyway so lets hope it didnt matter. When I went into med the healing intent was there so I may have connected that way

Richard
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  10:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just managed to get in on that time by default this time... I was real late. But couldn't sleep most of the night afterward. Though this didn't occur the last time I did this at the group meditation. This time the intent wasn't there, because I was dead beat, and had forgotten about the group till after I finished.

Missed out Sarah, but glad to see her post.

Edited by - sadhak on Jul 16 2006 10:55:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  10:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sadhak, if you want to understand what Sarah has said, you may want to read this thread which is related to this one:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1337
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  10:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks David, I found it almost immediately after posting, so read the rest, came back and changed the post, and then found yours. have you been joining the group?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  11:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor,

This is just my opinion which is probably way off, but when I read a few words from a person I get an idea in my heart of what their soul is like. It's an incomplete picture, but I think feeling out who that person is creates a deep connection to them.

I hardly believe this myself, but it seems to be the case for me.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  12:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do I not feel this peace and fulfillment during my every day meditation?

Thank you all for sharing so much love during the group meditation.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  1:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! I joined the group today! It was a quite clear difference in depth and length! THANK YOU for the ride! I will have to make this a Sunday habit!

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Yes the Sunday group med does feel very different it has a feel all of its own difficult to describe..please do make it a Sunday habit the more that join in the better

It has definitely become a highlight of my week

Richard
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  12:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all of you! I'm working on big emotional stuff. The whole meditation was like pouring balm into a wound. My spine just cracked open today - to the left and right sides of my back, all the way. I'm still vibrating from the root.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000