New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thanks All

That was very, very peaceful.

I sat outside....wind blowing...birds singing...nabour carpenting.....everything simply drifted off....and I found myself centered and gone at the same time.

May all your Nows be Here

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also...

It's the first time in weeks that I haven't "lost silence" to the intensity of the ecstacy.

It will be very interesting to see if I have to "pay" for 13 min of meditation (the longest I've done in weeks/months) with increased Kundalini. Somehow....I think not.

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome...

Just kidding! I joined in as well, and it was good. I don't know if there was any group effect, but it certainly can't hurt to do it at the same time as everyone else on here. When does deep meditation ever hurt? Never!

I hope it was very silencing and centering for others.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

Yes that was beautiful.
Soon after starting the mantra it seemed to increase in size like it was resonating all around me and expanding as if coming out of the sky. I dismissed this as a perceived psychological effect.
But later in the meditation it came back and I allowed it to continue. Very profound and warming.
Thank you all.

Enjoying a bun and coffee

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its funny, I felt a bit choppy in my sit. hard to say if there was a group connection. If anything i didn't go quite as deep as usual but it was good. maybe was hard to go into my bubble with everybody mantra-ing at once :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks All. This is the deepest I have gone in a long time (maybe ever). Took me some time to get into it though.. and then it took me forever to get out.. I can still feel the silence.. my third eye is throbbing.. my head and my heart feel "full" (the only word I can think of to describe what it feels like)..
-Shweta
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very peaceful for me too. Windows and doors open, a breeze with the birds singing. Oops I fell asleep a little which I never do.
Don't know if there was a group effect but then i'm extremely sceptical anyway.

Of course this gave me the opportunity to "check all of you out energetically." You all have a tiny stuffed animal hovering two cm above your shoulder trying to interfere. He tries to grab your kundalini, but can't due to lack of opposable thumbs. So it turns out to be a kind of spiritual massage. But watch out. . .
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
etherfish! that explains it! thank you so much!!!!
oh, and for some reason i got a technical teaching that hit me at the end of practice. i had been sitting on a pad and i got a message to slide the pad behind my sit bones instead of under them and then felt better.maybe it was the little stuffed animal giving me a suggestion

Edited by - Victor on Jul 02 2006 12:15:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At 5.00 PM I started pranayama.
I felt a strong energy hovering in my chest area.
It was nice, interesting and strong.
I have never felt this energy so distinctly,
I had however similar experiences, but only vaguely.

Then I started iaming/ayaming, but after a few minutes
I drifted off. I tried to gently come back,
but not very successfully.
I then had a strong longing to be in touch
with all of you, and I felt like I am part
of a big brother/sisterhood.
Some tears came to my eyes, a longing to be
connected with you, and a longing to be supported
by you. I felt, you all are so ahead of me ...
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wolfgang

quote:
Some tears came to my eyes, a longing to be
connected with you, and a longing to be supported
by you. I felt, you all are so ahead of me ...

It is not us you are longing for. It is you. Nobody here is ahead of anybody else. We are simply here. And so are you. Rest assured. Our Silence"s" met each other just now. And it's not plural - its singular. When we "meet" like that, we are one. You are one too.

That said - this group meditation is supporting. Thanks for joining in

Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't have any experiences - just my usual meditation - but it felt great to know that I was a part of a larger group that I've become very fond of. :) Thanks, everyone! See you next week?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

It's the first time in weeks that I haven't "lost silence" to the intensity of the ecstacy.

see my reply at: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1272

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 02 2006 12:42:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

oh, and for some reason i got a technical teaching that hit me at the end of practice. i had been sitting on a pad and i got a message to slide the pad behind my sit bones instead of under them and then felt better.

That was me (also: don't slouch).
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess you must have been checking me out energetically as well. SITS UP STRAIGHT FOR JIM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think every week this time would be great. I think after each time we should have a review, as well. It could definitely help some "catch up". The more advanced could give suggestions and hints on meditating to people who aren't getting it.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very deep med at first and then interrupted, I went back and went deep again much more visual disturbances than usual, flashes of people sitting in a circle but probably psychological I dont know. We must keep this up, I'm looking forward to next week already

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mee too no different experiences but felt depeer may be. I started with pranayama 10 mins before the scheduled time sitting with an alarm clock in my hand set to 10 mins. I sat doing pranayama like that with my finger on the button of alarm. When it rang, i immedeatly stopped it by pressing button and starting IAM ing at the correct time.

What is this checking out energetically? I am interested if someone can check me and let me know my progress. It seems there are very little quantitative measures for progress on spiritual path.

Near
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are somebodys posts here enough to check out their energy? I read few ppl talk about energy reflecting through posts
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sarah

Yawns for azaz932001

I am quite capable of yawning for myself thank you and its Richard

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well near, i think in this case we are just being silly about "checking out energetically". though I think the stuffed animal observation may be dead on

Edited by - Victor on Jul 02 2006 12:54:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

quote:
Originally posted by Victor

oh, and for some reason i got a technical teaching that hit me at the end of practice. i had been sitting on a pad and i got a message to slide the pad behind my sit bones instead of under them and then felt better.

That was me (also: don't slouch).

LOL! I love the idea of this becoming a weekly thing, but not so much the reporting in afterwards, else my mind is going to start manufacturing experiences to tell. I'll be happy to read all of yours, how's that? While I'm eating my coffee and donuts, of course.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sarah

Nice to meet you Richard :)

Nice to meet you too Sarah

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  2:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Wow... that was great!!!

At about 5 minutes to 11am I could feel the pull... it was very strong.

I sat and did my pranayama starting at 11:00 and then began meditating at 11:10 - I thought, as it takes me usually a little time to really get 'there'...I would start a little before. I have to say I had a hard time getting through pranayama.... I was being pulled in so deep.

It was beautiful...

Especially samayama.

Thanks.

I think it would be lovely to do every week.... not some big heavy commitment thing, but just a regular date for those who can make it??

Thanks to Shanti for asking me.

It was so cool thinking of all of you meditating at the same time - Katrine in Norway, Wolfgang in Germany, Sparkle in Ireland etc.,

Who is up for next week??

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  2:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
I am just too moved by this, for some reason, not sure if it was the meditation.. or just the fact that so many joined in to do something as a group... thanks to all who did join in and not post.. I did get a few emails from them..
I am still in my silence.. I just don't feel like posting and wasting any of this...
I hope we will do this again, next Sunday.. same time.
Thank you.. all of you..
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  2:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shweta,

Congratulations. I am sure that soon, the silence will never leave for you...because, you know, that's the way it actually is!

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  2:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi all,
I am just too moved by this, for some reason, not sure if it was the meditation.. or just the fact that so many joined in to do something as a group... thanks to all who did join in and not post.. I did get a few emails from them..
I am still in my silence.. I just don't feel like posting and wasting any of this...
I hope we will do this again, next Sunday.. same time.
Thank you.. all of you..

Shanti, engagement and worldliness are the yang to the yin of practice (clumsy metaphor, sorry). There's no need to ever lose connection to your silence, but you'll get more mileage by putting that silence through the friction of worldliness. Consider it polishing.

I myself must fight the urge to recede from the world as I reach new openings. It's better for your practice (and, likely, for the world) to resist this urge. Others who I respect would strongly disagree. But this is the AYP way (IMO), and I agree with it (though don't always succeed at practicing it).

As Scott says, silence underpins everything anyway (more correctly, it IS everything). So you needn't accommodate it. See http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1137

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 02 2006 3:01:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000