Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra and Sitting Practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  09:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I have recently started the tantra lessons after 2 months into my sitting practices (daily DM and SBP). I used to masturbate about 2-3 times a day, but for the last week I have abstained through use of the holdback method (and willpower too). My question is, how does increasing my staying power aid me in my sitting practices? Or does preserving the seed itself aid in the process of spiritual transformation? I am fairly young, only 18, and sex is very infrequent. So should I be practicing tantra at all?

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  11:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ak33,

In response to your question, here is how I see it using some key terms that link to the AYP Lessons. Staying power aids in the development of "inner sensuality" and in the appreciation of "pre-orgasmic bliss," both of which contribute to, or indeed are integral to the rise of "ecstatic conductivity." Deep Meditation cultivates "inner silence." Our aim is to wed "inner silence" with "ecstatic conductivity," in a stable relationship of "ecstatic bliss."

Conservation of semen can be taken to extremes, but in AYP, we take a very practical, moderate approach. Sounds like you're headed in a beneficial direction.

Phase one is to get into a stable practice routine for cultivation of inner silence. It is a lifelong process. No rush. Enjoy the journey!

Peace!

Edited by - bewell on Mar 13 2013 12:00:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  08:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Bewell said. semen conservation increases a feeling of deep energy flows in the body. It is like charging your sexual or spiritual battery as teh energy can be used any way that you use energy. It takes at east a week to really feel it and it intensifies over several weeks. No need to go to extremes though. If you have the opportunity for great sex once in awhile I personally think its fine but think of it as giving your partner a special gift. Meanwhile it is good to charge your batteries and not deplete them out of habit. It really does help the strength and deeper feeling in sitting practices, and sitting practice helps keep you centered and energy flowing well
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  4:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I see. But wouldn't not masturbating (or pre-orgasmic masturbating) increase sexual frustration?

Edited by - ak33 on Mar 18 2013 5:20:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  12:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any change of habit gratification will cause frustration in the short run, be it drugs, food, music, internet,or masturbation. There is not a physical requirement to masturbate regularly, it is a habit that one gets used to. It is a useful practice not to be ruled by our habit patterns so if for that reason alone it is good to explore these practices.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  8:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My husband found conservation (including pre-orgasmic masturbation) to be frustrating at first, but once he got used to it after a month or so, he really appreciated having more energy! Now when he does come, a couple of times a month (based on age; might be more frequent for you), he feels a bit drained afterwards. So conservation is definitely worth checking out, especially in light of the benefits to your meditative practice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000