Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Retreat - Brown County State Park, Indiana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  7:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to re-post and let everyone know that there will be a retreat in Brown County State Park, Indiana, from Friday, March 15th, through Sunday, March 17th, 2013.

I've reserved a cabin, where we will do our practices and take our meals. There will be rooms at the Lodge for attendees. The price includes a room at the lodge for two nights, passes to the aquatic center, all scheduled meals, and the retreat fee. All the meals, except for the Sunday noon meal, will be home-cooked at the cabin, and we'll do our best to meet individual dietary needs.

See here for retreat details and sign-up: http://aypwinterretreat.eventbrite.com

There are still several spots left. Please sign up by February 10th to guarantee your seat!

All the best to you!
--Liz

P.S. This topic is a continuation of the Northern Illinois Retreat topic but, as the retreat is now in Indiana, I decided to create a new post.

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  10:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was a wonderful experience! I'd like to express a heartfelt thank-you to those who attended!

Here are some pictures from the retreat: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Q...?usp=sharing
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  10:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Liz:

Thanks for the pics. Love the food art. Was it edible art?

How did the teaching aspect go? Anything significant to report on practices or experiences?

And congrats on organizing and leading your first AYP retreat. Bravo!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  11:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, we didn't eat the art. I thought the flavors might be a little weird mixed together. The art ultimately wound up in my compost bin at home. Maybe something will grow in the garden this summer from it! However, everyone did get a little hand-made bag of beans from the "color palate" to take home with them.

We had 5 structured practice sessions at the retreat:
* Friday: 20 minutes of Deep Meditation before the evening meal.
* Saturday: 2 morning sessions and one evening session, each consisting of:
** Asanas (15 minutes),
** Spinal Breathing Pranayama (10 minutes),
** Deep Meditation (20 minutes),
** optional Samyama (5 minutes),
** and a rest period of at least 5 minutes.
* Sunday: 1 morning session identical to the Saturday sessions.

There was no real formal instruction at the retreat. Instead, a good deal of time was spent in the preparation of meals, eating, and washing up afterwards. The instruction took the form of informal and fascinating conversations at the table. We learned a great deal from each other, and the friendly exchange of ideas and experiences was just wonderful!

There were no energy experiences that I'm aware of, but there was a palpable, blissful silence.

Note: See here for additional retreat feedback.

Edited by - whippoorwill on Mar 20 2013 11:00:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  11:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000