Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 March 24-29, 2013 Kripalu R&R Retreat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  5:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It seems that we've gotten this together and it's happening! To make your arrangements, go to: http://kripalu.org/article/118, click "Register" and enter arrival and departure dates. I will arrive Sunday March 24th after lunch, and will depart Friday March 29th after lunch. Anyone who wishes to attend any or all of those dates can sign up and pay only the Kripalu room and board costs, no tuition. The end price depends on the level of housing you chose, from functional and cheaper dormitory accommodations to private luxury rooms to everything in between, so there is quite a range. Three meals per day are included, as well as all the Kripalu facilities and amenities. If anyone thinks they will be signing up, let me know so that I have plenty of materials. Hope to see some more of you there!
Michael

Edited by - mikkiji on Jan 31 2013 11:39:50 PM

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  8:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am registered! See you in March
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  10:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although not an official Kripalu program, and a group small in number relative to past Kripalu gatherings, the AYP retreat there last week was a much appreciated and powerful opportunity to delve more deeply into silence. Despite being significantly longer than a weekend retreat, the time passed very quickly. It was a delight to connect with old friends and reminisce about times at former retreats while forging still more memories and experiences. Carson, although physically absent, was present (if only in voice) as we played an audio recording of him leading us through asanas from a prior retreat. There is much gratitude to MikkiJi for pushing it out, organizing and orchestrating the event; as well as to Anita for her excellence in scouting available practice spaces, perseverance in walking and interesting conversations. The smaller group size also afforded greater flexibility to participate in other Kripalu activities such as kirtan, another program’s sampler and a laughter yoga class. I am definitely looking forward to the next retreat, whenever and wherever that might be!
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  7:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Richard, for your participation and support. I will admit that we managed to have quite a powerful yet incredibly smooth advanced practice retreat. The day and a half we spent in silence during our middle days, and the number of hours we spent in Program during that time proved not to be a challenge for any of us at all, but did turn out to be quite a treat. The easiness and joyousness of our time was so spontaneous and so supportive that I was actually sort of surprised. It was a privilege and a pleasure leading this intimate gathering of advanced meditators in a significant journey into inner space.
Thanks for the opportunity,
Michael
Go to Top of Page

anita

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  5:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I just need to say thank you Michael for suggesting and organizing this and for you too Richard for being there and for your excellent company throughout. I loved it and got a huge amount out of it. Loved the day of silence especially, had never done that before and found it a profound experience. I am full of love, have experienced a real heart opening afterwards. Feel great, have lots of energy, great understanding for the people I work with, enthusiasm for my work and life. Things do seem to be going great...is it magic? In my fundraising the money has been pouring in, and someone told me the other day that I look "more beautiful than ever."!!!! Ha ha one of the totally unexpected benefits of meditation!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000