AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 AYP and me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  11:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started AYP in late 2008, when I could not really do any sitting practices without intense overload symptoms. After a while I veered off searching in various other directions, mainly through attending lots of satsangs with teachers such as Rupert Spira and retreats with Unmani and others. During this time I did not have a regular sitting practice, but in the last few months have come back to it and restarted my AYP practices on a regular basis.

A lot of purification has been taking place, but I am also really pleased that I seem to have found a way of self pacing that works for me. I can only do a few rounds of SBP and 5 mins of DM, but currently I can do that twice a day, as long as I always rest for about 20 mins and don't allow all the energy to fly upwards afterwards. There has been a lot of digging, as Bodhi would say! But with the result that I somehow feel more present than I ever have before. There is also the ability to simply be present with any overload symptoms, rather than react and clamp down on them. I often think that I have always lived a bit of a distance from my body, without knowing really how to be more in it, but less so now.

There is also an arising of inner silence and sometimes just pure happiness for no reason. There are times when I can give freely, from a place of love, without feeling a need to defend my heart.

There is less concern for myself and more for others, which is a very nice thing indeed

Right, off to do my afternoon DM now!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  11:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  1:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  4:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful progress, k123 . Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Love. Unity. Inner Sensuality.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  5:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing your experience. Overloads and symptoms seem interesting, as I have never felt much of anything negative or energetic besides possible physical fatigue from overdoing. I've done grounding practices in the past, so maybe that has been lending a balancing effect, but until getting a handle on the meaning of 'grounding' and 'opening,' such reports from others will be interesting to see as they play out.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great, k123. Love

Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  05:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  2:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey, thanks for sharing ur experience k123 [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

I can relate to this. I'm super sensitive so can hardly do much practices, just 5 minutes or so of DM twice a day, but that is plenty.

What changes take place inside the heart, and our ability to be with what is [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

love

josh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000