AYP Helpers
 Aypsite.at
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  02:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I want to remind you that the german translation and the domain aypsite.at is availaible for free. I still like the design of it very much and i know of people actively using it.

If things wouldnt had got stolen from other translators, or a form of collaboration wouldve been possible, i would still translate - but its just sad for the work invested. So because i saw theres a third german project, maybe there are people interested in using the domain, design and/or translation.

Thanks
Phil

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  11:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil:

Your German translation site link is included on the AYP translations page here: http://www.aypsite.org/translations.html
It is nice looking and the work is much appreciated. Thank you.

I am not aware of a third German translation effort, unless you mean the Yahoo group, also listed on the translations page, which has not been updated since 2006. If there is another German translation site not linked on the AYP translations page, please let me know so we can take a look and link to it as appropriate.

As for working with other translators or not, that is for all of you to work out. As long as the online lessons are being translated and practitioners are able to benefit, that is what counts. If it is happening in several places, or in collaborations, either way is fine. The online lessons are freely available for that, as long as any translation includes a link back to the main English website for clarity of the source.

Translating and publishing the AYP books is another matter, because substantial costs are involved and those who do that work have the rights assigned from here. The AYP books cannot be translated and published without assignment of rights. As you may know, four of the AYP books have been published in German so far, with more coming. Those are linked on the translations page also.

Many thanks for your efforts to share the AYP writings with German readers. It is about them. AYP is always about the practitioners first, not about we who happen to be sharing the words.

The guru is in you.

PS: For those interested in overall AYP translation efforts in all languages, see the main translations topic here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=440
Select the last page for the most recent discussions.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  11:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your kind words Yogani.

I think the actual translation in german is in good hands, as far as i have seen in terms of progress. Whatever the reason was he didnt like my approach, hes doing a good job.

I guess i confused the Yahoo group with a third translation, yep! The link is dead, btw.

All the best,
Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000