Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Maybe THE formula for overloading AYP'ers :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear practitioners of the AYP system,

many of you including me know the problem of overloading from practices. It seems like this happens after some months or years for nearly everyone and continues along the years in varying degrees. It seems hard to keep the balance of perfect practice amount and grounding within daily life.

For me it was mostly the same, AYP practices start and after 6-12 months they stop. After 4-5 attempts I could trust the process of practices and the latest attempt with minimal practice over months and months yielded stable enough results. But somehow it was not satisfying and unstability once again started after even more months.

I had experience with different systems of practice routines before AYP and after these happenings aswell afterwards. Means I started looking for something more stable which allows to progress faster with less distraction. Efficiency and amount of time per session was not important as bhakti was high higher highest =)

Later I landed at kriya yoga under Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath. The focus of the system is more spinal breath, more asana and less mantra. In other words the ratio of addressing the subtle, the middle and the gross parts of the body are different to AYP. Interestingly while having practiced it for ~3 years there were no overloading problems, everything proceeded butter smooth into peace, love and unity with an unspeakable of grace permeating every happening.

I feel this is very important, so as an explorer and observer of practices and results maybe AYP could profit of this very much.

Many people are not attracted by a guru and his practice and love the open source of knowledge and practices of AYP. Among these people some of my friends and my mother herself like to have more easy and neutral practices that can be combined with their own inner belief and way without running into mental conflicts.

For this reason I once again started to experiment with AYP. So the initial practice was 5 min DM after lets say 3 years of smooth kriya yoga (so we have some crossrelating effects here). The result was !heavy! overload over the day .... =P =P Yeah we all know and love the efficiency of DM. It was like a knife cutting into the smooth problem free effects kriya yogic practice. The same nice strong effects and the same curse of overloads..

The idea came into mind to learn from the kriya yoga practice sequence and apply into AYP. The sequence of kriya yoga under Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath can be found here:

http://www.siddhanath.org/his-teach...inikriyayoga

A beginner in this system starts with the following routine:

1. Omkar = mantra based meditation for ~15 minutes
2. Shiva Shakti = Kriya Pranayama = SBP for ~ 20-30 minutes
3. Maha Mudra = asana + mudra + bandha in ratio to 2. ~10-15 minutes
4. Paravasta = attention on the crown for ~ 10 minutes
5. Rest for ~ 5-x minutes

Between each practice one rests for 1-x minutes to let everything settle in.

An advanced practitioner then increases 2. and 3. in a specific ratio, means 60 + 30 minutes, 90 + 45 minutes etc.

Results are conflict free entering into paradise =)

With this midterm experience of that system I started applying it to the AYP system the following way:

1. DM for ~ 10 minutes
2. SBP for ~ 15-20 minutes
3. Asanas AYP-style for ~ 10 minutes
4. Rest for 5-x minutes

Results after some weeks of practice (which is not much I know) are pretty smooth !! In other words it is a reversed order AYP practice routine with taking some off of the DM part and adding more to SBP and -important- adding the asanas routine to the end.

The greatest overloading symptomps for this body here are continuously stopping breath and flattened out breath. This dissorder of breathing results in a decreasement of bodily metabolism resulting in less blood flow, cold hands and feet, pale skin, decreasing digestion, burning, rising health problems, depression, spaced outedness etc.

All of this were not even a topic within the kriya yogic practice routine and the body was so healthy and strong and smooth.

And now the GOOD news, for my dear ones here at AYP. It is an invitation to all those who love AYP and had good results over the mid and longterm and still struggle along the way so much. Please try this reversed order practice routine out for some weeks and look if things smooth out or not! For this body mind here the results were similiar to the kriya yogic routine! Smooth satisfying entry into paradise =)

There is more to this formula, so sometime later I will add to the knowledge base of stable long term practice as observed in this body mind here in the loving wish to make your transition more enjoyable :)

Please feedback here at this thread.

Love and happy practicing =)

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  5:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  12:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy:

An interesting alternative approach of engaging the AYP practices in reverse order, using the sequencing of practices taught by Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath as a template.

Not sure why reversing the sequence of AYP practices would reduce overloads, other than less meditation and more hatha. If it works for you, who can argue? Whether it would work for others is hard to know without adequate testing by practitioners.

It will be appreciated if anyone trying this reports back on results. As we have said, "Whatever works." ... whether it is in the AYP baseline system or not.

Happy to hear you have found an approach that is working for you in the teachings of Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath. You might have to quit your day job though to find time for those long kriya sessions.

Thank you for sharing this. All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  12:13:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know if this fits into the category of alternate approaches, but the whole intention is to bring more grounding into the AYP-practice scheme only for those who overload heavily and have to reduce practice times to unsatisfying amounts. And only for as long as things are unsmooth and overloading, meaning until things get stable again.

In general starting with the subtle and ending with the grosser practice makes the transition to daily activity more smooth than starting with the gross, going deep into the subtle and then jumping back to the gross.

So this hint is really for stable long term practice and not a totally new approach or other system. In the end direct experience will tell if this alternation of the practice sequence is significantly better than lets say decreasing practice times to < 10 mins of DM without anything else.

The invitation still applies for overloading AYP practitioners :)

Happy going on =)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  12:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy:

Looks like we crossed posts. See above.

Thanks much for your perspective. It is worth a try for sensitive meditators who have self-paced down to little or no practice and are still filled with bhakti (spiritual desire) to sit.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  2:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

thank you very much too for your postings :) I appreciate your engagement and kind welcome always :)

I must say without AYP things would have evolved very differently here, so I owe extremely much to you and your work. I am still practicing AYP elements missing in the kriya yogic system of Gurunath, like the Asanas, the muscle toning techniques (more on this in a later post), amaroli, tantra (mainly hold-back and blocking), self-inquiry insights, kechari mudra (more on that later aswell).

For testing purposes the above mentioned reverse AYP practice started happening here for some weeks and still continues. I would not post it if the results would not been good, so it is really a heart sharing :)
quote:
Not sure why reversing the sequence of AYP practices would reduce overloads, other than less meditation and more hatha.
When starting with the kriya yoga of Gurunath, there were times where I only practiced the omkar kriya and the results were very similiar to DM. Strong effects but same overloads somehow. Later adding some of the kriya breath made things more smooth, but I skipped maha mudra mostly at the beginning. After some time omkar + kriya breath still started getting unstable, practically speaking I could not do my job of being a student anymore. Later adding consequently the maha mudra started changing things very much. The whole practice effects became smooth and physically integrated. Most of the overloads disappeared over some weeks and it was a great joy to see this transiton happening after so many years of difficulties. The smoothness made things look like I was not going deep anymore and remained more on the surface, but the ongoing increasement of joy, bliss and outflowing love without anything else made clear that this is satisfyingly progressing. So omkar alone was more intense and deep than with the whole additions, but being functional in daily activity was more important so the additions were a great welcome into this life.

I remember from the years of AYP practice that I increased SBP and then decreased DM afterwards and it did not work well. The observation here is, that the latest and most lengthy practice of the session creates a habit for the body to continue that somehow. If there is more breathing happening, then the body breaths more. If there is more DM happening, then the body goes more into silent breathless states. And the reversed order seems to make the transition more smooth.
quote:
Happy to hear you have found an approach that is working for you in the teachings of Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath. You might have to quit your day job though to find time for those long kriya sessions.
I don't know either why things happened the way they did and yes the sessions are way longer. What will happen from now on time will show. So far I learned trusting the system as life seems to support it very well.
quote:
Thanks much for your perspective. It is worth a try for sensitive meditators who have self-paced down to little or no practice and are still filled with bhakti (spiritual desire) to sit.
Yes exactly for this + more smooth and additional progress along those sensitive times.

Thank you very much too and

love and happy practicing to all :)
Go to Top of Page

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  7:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried this order of practices just now, and I must admit I'm feeling pretty good. My spinal breathing never felt so open and spacious before, and the added dimension of silence was a big plus, I could really feel the effects of tracing the spine. It was like bringing the inner silence from DM into the spinal nerve if that makes any sense. Usually pranayama for me is very busy with lots of thoughts going on and sometimes I feel like that busyness carries into meditation. This was very gentle and smooth however.

I won't go making assumptions based off this one session, but the results are enough for me to experiment further. I can't say I've been having any extreme or crazy overloading experiences, just mild moodiness and irritability as of lately. But even then overloading is still a pain in the ass so I decided I would give this a try. I will report further observations on the effects of this sequence of practices.

Quick question: where does Samyama fit into this?
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  08:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chaz,

thank you for your report, sounds good :)

Samyama: naturally you would do it after DM and before SBP, but I'm not sure how it will be stability-wise as I'm not doing it right now.

So it seems like if this reversed order should do it for more people, than details for the other AYP practice elements need to be tested out aswell =)

My advice would be to keep it simple, but more details will come in later postings. There is more to make it more stable and smooth.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  02:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy;

I'm in for your experiment.

the moment I closed my eyes for DM....felt a strong whirling energy inside & thought this is not going to work.There was uncomfortable energy in the head too.
By the time the practice is finished...as if the energy has calmed down....only feeling a pressure on my upper head...as if there's a thumb pressing there.

All in all,It feels good so far.

Will report back in few days or so.

Thank you for sharing this with us

All Love.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  01:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nop...It's not working over here.Had to quit again.

No more practices for me.

Love.

Edited by - Namath on Oct 09 2012 02:45:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  1:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

thank you for your testing :) Would be nice if you could provide us with some details on which techniques you practiced in which amounts per day and on the outcome along the days.

I must say I had to cut back the DM part to 5 minutes aswell the last days.. This technique gets more and more efficient day by day =P But then it was ok again. Seems like among all the techniques the amount of DM makes all the difference. I'll report back again too.

Wish you the best, no worry about practices :)
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  2:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For all those who are still in the testing or those who do their regular practice routine, but want to have additional stabilization of their practice effects, some more of my observations:

Amaroli

After my first start some years ago I described the effects as extremely downing of physical and subtle perceptions. After some years the practice out of itself once again began but in tiny amounts daily. After months and years it increased to "one mouthfull" where it still is. I can't directly point to it as being a strong stabilizer, but as observed by Yogani it strengthens the body down to its molecular structure and to this body here it feels the same.

Kechari Mudra

Interesting that this one comes up under a possible solution to less overload and more stability for longterm practices, but yes. After those long and long kriya pranayama sessions (;) and obviously through some grace and after years of no possible entry into the nasal pharynx the magic happened and the tongue entered it straight through the middle road =P The tongue of this body here is very flat and round and big, so it can't enter the pharynx through any side.. only with pranic force through the middle path =) The first day was ecstatic paradise in the sushumna, the coming days rising nondual perceptions and after even some more days all stabilized back. And what remaines is a strong decreasement of depression. There is some kind of an ecstatic pressure holding everything harmoniously together and unifying everything on a physical scale more and more.

Physical exercises

In the appendix part of Yogani's book: Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas you find instructions on how to strengthen the physical body. There are two parts, one is aerobic exercise and the second is muscle toning. I stumbled upon it 5 months ago and was attracted by it due to health reasons mainly. As a side effect I noticed that it also has GREAT stabilizing effects, way greater than the two described above. Too much awareness or too much kundalini doesn't affect the body mind as they did before and after an overload they stabilize much faster too.

I only practiced the muscle toning part starting with low amounts and increased steadily to about 15 minutes every second day. At the beginning the muscles grow very fast and I had to eat thrice the amount I was used to, but after one month this settled down to about 20-30% more than usual. The body gained weight (+ ~13 lbs). Don't know how this would be with a female body as I'd understand that those would not like to have growing muscles :D But the health improvement and stability improvement is so big that I feel this one should have done it to one of the online lessons aswell. Aerobic exercise may come very soon too.

Diet

This one came naturally over the years of practice and it helped to smooth out many side effects of practices aswell. I'd rate it as nr.2 after physical exercises. As breathless states increase and the bodily metabolism start decreasing at times after the practices aswell, eating heavily will cause a lot of discomfort and health problems. It was the case here and the solution was to eat more easily digestible food. Instead of pasta, more rice and bread. Instead of meat more (but overall not much) fish. Instead of cheese more butter etc. Everything that is too dense will interfere with those sensitive days where the body is calm and not digesting as usual. After adding the physical exercises this aspect is not as problematic as before, but it still applies very much.

Conclusion of the observations

Spiritual practices for this body mind here were "twice daily sittings only" for a very long time. Over the months and years it became strongly clear that the physical body takes a very long time to adapt and that it needs to be watched and strengthened with all possible means available. So the spiritual practice has become a lifestyle influencing all parts of life from sleeping, eating to moving. I'm sure this is transitional, but one that takes years and more years than weeks and months. Hopefully and with some engagement from all of us spiritual transformation will be MUCH EASIER for coming generations with the addition of new spiritual technologies into this game :)

Edited by - Holy on Oct 09 2012 2:25:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  01:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy;

I stopped all AYP practices sometimes before 20th of september...for reasons I've mentioned over here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=12004

Now after I read your post.I decided to give it another try....by that time it was over 2 weeks no practices over here...

// twice a day
I did DM for 10 mins
SP for 15 mins
Asanas <AYP kit>
rest for 5 mins

First few sessions were deep...SP was beautifully deep...It was a feeling as if the universe is breathing and not this body...there was no sense of body.

However ....yesterday...I took a promise to myself not to approach practices anymore no matter how good it feels during practice itself.

A mild pain started in the chest...both sides....then it was centred under the shoulder blade <left hand side of the back>...It was so intense that I couldn't breath deeply and all I could do was sleep on my tummy .

I felt as long as I'm sleeping on my tummy and I don't turn ...I can avoid the pain....but I was wrong!because all of a sudden ...the pain started vibrating by itself as if it's extending outward...It was too much pain that kept me in tears all day.

Now I understand why in certain cartoons,they put stars above someone's head when he gets beaten.....I could see specks of light as stars yesterday from pain.

this continued all day....Today there's still pain but nothing unbearable.

Love.

Edited by - Namath on Oct 10 2012 01:58:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  06:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

thank you for the details, I think they are helpful for everyone. Am sorry for all the pain, obviously the practice amount was too much. Brave that you gave it all =) Your body is even more sensible to practices than this one here, would say at last 2x more sensible.

Generally I have absolutely no problem with overloads for myself, but for the life service or life play, if that is not possible anymore and in this case it is studying at the moment =P then reducing and optimizing the practice till it is smooth just happens.

Overloads and uncomfortable reactions show clearly that there is still stuff to be cleaned out as it obviously blocks the energy flow that one is consciously creating with the practice. For me this always was and still is good motivation to carry on with the practice :) But pain is not ok, at least not to that degree you describe.

AYP is like an oversharpened knife, one cuts oneself often while preparing the delicious food. The pain is not nice but the speed and the food are so good afterwards, that one can not really give up using it either lol.

AYP is like a new and ultra sensible car. If you move the driving wheel just a tiny little too much in one direction the whole car navigates strongly into a different direction where the road maybe uncomfortable till you adjust the amount of wheel movement and drive on the smooth road again.

In your case @Namath either extreme low amounts of AYP or something less efficient but much easier in handling and smooth in effect would be more suitable. Perhaps your bhakti/karma yoga will do for quite some time, but whatever it may be I wish you the best :)

Love to all =)
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  12:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya Holy,

I find your approach (in terms of working from subtle to gross interesting).

I still maintain that a very effective grounding technique of opening the five earth gates (see mantak chia) has brought me to a point where i am not suffering from any kundalini activity or energy disturbances which would amount to overload. Even Mantak Chia says he taught this for those practicing zen buddhism of just sitting with a half smile, for they kept getting kundalini psychosis.

On top of that my approach to meditation has changed also as i've gone for the chenresig mantra (i've found it a more stable mantra than Iam, and seems to work with the very gross aspects of body and mind well) combined with a pranayama which goes down from the crown to the root on the in breath, which is bringing a feeling of orgasm rising up the spine without actively encouraging too much energy in the crown or the third eye.

Also i've found that a form of hypnotism where you enter an altered state in order to speak to different aspects of the body particularly the immune system can bring a mantra deeper into your system and be more grounding.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  2:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heyo Joe,

thanks for your contribution. Would you like to describe how it was before and after the changes you made?

Whenever I added something to AYP that came from another system, the main AYP-baseline techniques broke down sooner or later. I was never able to combine two systems for too long. Let's see how yours will continue :)

Happy practicing =)
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  2:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update to this topic

Even though the reverse order of AYP practices with all the mentioned stabilizing additions were successful for the first 1-2 months, it started to get problematic again after that and in the same way as it was before in every attempt. So am back since then with kriya yoga under Gurunath which works fine here and satisfactory in all regards. Still along the testing lines I would like to add the latest testings and observations, perhaps someone can make something out of it for more smoothness within his/her own practice routine :)

Physical exercises addition

After having great success with some muscle toning techniques (taken from Yogani's Asanas-book) it became obvious that aerobic exercises will have to start too. And after 2-3 months of jogging for at first 10 minutes every second day, now about 20 minutes every second day, health and stability increased to a very good level. There is still room for more, like perhaps 30+ minutes, but for now this works. One day muscle toning and one day jogging in alternation for 6 days per week. The seventh day is resting. Overall result is more stability of practicing itself and practice effects. Where normally due to colds, flues etc. one would have to compromise or even skip practices altogether for some days several times per year, the practices can continue every day of the year =)

Practicing together and Retreats

Yogani's book about retreats gave the impuls (like in most areas) and then the testing and observation phase started. I rated diet as the second element with the greatest potential of stabilizing spiritual practice effects after physical exercises, but practicing together really changes the dynamics magically.

The balancing and stabilizing element goes beyond the scale of "control and optimization" which can be applied to some degree if practicing alone. Even with two people sitting next to one another three things happen:

- the presence is so much more enhanced and dominantly present =P that automatically concentration, attention and the depth of every aspect of the practice reach a complete different level. Practicing tests (AYP routine reverse order) with my own mother -who never practiced before- resulted in 2-3x times stronger and greater purification and opening for this body-mind and 4-5x for her body-mind. After 3 days she started entering into nomind no breath states which took years to happen here 0.0 After one week I started seeing the goddess in her, radiating godly bliss and knowledge.. totally paranormal transformation =P

- Even though the effects are way stronger, somehow the bodily system adapts nicely and much more smoothly to it. It is like some magic happens, beyond the control of both which balances gross, subtle and even more subtle energy flows in ways that you do not overload in the usual way.

- You start understanding why the muslims practice their namaz together, why the tibetian monks live and practice together, why people meet for spiritual practices in general. It is really one of the most dramatic additions to the spiritual practice routine one can ever do. "practicing together" in my opinion has one of the greatest potentials to solve many of the problems a lot of practitoners encounter. The beginner and the advanced and the more advanced all profit from this so immensly.

There were tests regarding retreats and practicing together with kriya yoga with my daddy and a greater group for 5 days too. Just to add to the observations regarding group practices:

- The results were the same. My daddy flew out of his socks entering such deep peace bliss states that he could not believe while in this body very deep layers of kundalini woke up in "substance-intake-like" intensities. Still all was stable and fine and smooth and with so much grace and joy.

- The 5 days retreat with partially really advanced kriya yogis was complete paradise. Some of them were like sons of god to this body-minds eye, the inspiration impossible to describe. Being in nomind-satchitananda for hours was the norm than rare occurances. The love-waves of blossoming heart chakras became visible to this body-mind here. Even though the practice amounts were less than one would do at home, they were thrice per day but with 10x the effects + openings which one would not expect to happen. Even though the resulting openings were much more than with two people it was still more harmonious, more natural and way more stable. After the retreat coming back to the place where one normally lives it was obvious that a huge transformation took place, awareness beyond scale and what a bliss radiation, what a joy. This intensity which was very smooth and naturally, gradually decreased but somehow never went away totally. So the essence out of such a retreat seems to remain, leaving the perfume of the unspeakable possiblity.

Thank you very much Yogani for the Retreat-hint,

love and happy practicing to all :)
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  8:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
to stabilise the iam mantra in the body one can use hyptotism to empower the various aspects of the physical body with the iam mantra.

use self belief and mindful focus and perhaps imagery to gain access.

it is like tummo.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  1:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the inspiration.
Great!
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  4:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone, i've been contemplating the idea of overload whilst doing a few week retreat of prayer and meditation. during that time i experienced a great deal of amrita being released which led to powerful dream states whilst conscious all very much delusional.

i have found that although the practice of AYP is excellent it requires a great deal of skill to achieve a balance.

indeed backing off altogether to start at a new point of the same set of practices could altogether be a good idea.

i have found that the issue comes down to a duality of the mind. i.e. we practice deep meditation and spinal breathing to lift the energetic vibration to a more happy state but in order to stabilise this and get rid of the smokey nature of our inner fire we must descend to the foundation thus purifying our past karmas which create the flames of overload. This is where bhakti comes in. it is a constant practice and consistently purifies karmas which builds up the bodies resistance to kundalini rising in the nervous system.

there are lots of emotions which are forgiving by nature such as the inner smile and love, devotion, peace you can find them yourself.

one practice i have found useful to purify karmas is to work with the higher self and the law of expectation (attraction)

you expect your higher self to master the purification of karmas. Then you just let it go into your silence.

this is another practice which will give consistant and steady purification throughout your life.

this is the level people must develop their ishta when becoming a yogini or yogi. it starts when you are conscious and does not end once youve made your decision, i am even beginng to feel my devotion in dreams now.

i am quite sure that devotion is a powerful way forward for those experiencing overload, too much happiness and not enough purification of past life karmas.

it is the barrier which prevents the practitoiner gaining any further realization.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2013 :  2:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update of this thread:

Yogani wrote: "Not sure why reversing the sequence of AYP practices would reduce overloads, other than less meditation and more hatha."

And he is right, the amount and relation of mantra to pranayama to asana makes the primary difference. The reversed order adds to it, but to keep it more simple or less confusing the same order could be kept aswell.

To add to this thread which is mainly about making the most of this lifetime, aka also making the most of those times were one would need to decrease the practice amounts to zero or nearly zero. The hypothesis is (based upon the experience here so far):

- A transformed body-mind can go into silent bliss beauty endlessly without any side effects. -

The body-mind consists of denser and subtler layers, which can be adressed to purify and transform via many means. Sometimes the purification and transformation of one layer comes into conflict with the other layers, aka the whole thing is out of balance. Examples:

(1) There is too much energy flowing, a lot of ecstasy happening, but there is no silent peace underlying, only racing thoughts.

or

(2) The mind is empty, the body feels week, the overall state is depressed and unhappy.

or

(3) Body is strong, health is good, thoughts and feelings are balanced, but no ecstasy, no peace, no bliss.. (=

When things get unstable within AYP, the hint is to come back to the basics which is DM and if that is also too much, to reduce its amount or to skip to breath meditation.

As two totally different sets of (kriya yoga) practices showed itself to be very stable here even though huge openings occur, I'm sure it should be possible to keep up full spectrum adressing of the body-mind transformation while going more and more into silence in all phases of life, from unsensitive to very sensitive.

At some point self pacing is always needed, but when only one layer of the body-mind is whining, there is no need for the others o wine if they would have the capacity to keep up the purification and transformation.

It is just a hint for fellow AYP practitioners, I have not tested this out any more, but perhaps it may be helpful:

To increase those parts of body-mind adressing via its corresponding practice if they can handle more while to decrease those parts of body-mind adressing which need some recovery time. Example solutions to the ones above:

(1s) More meditation (DM, breath medi), more asanas, less pranayama

(2s) Less meditation (DM, breath medi), more asanas, more pranayama

(3s) More meditation (DM, breath medi), less asana, more pranayama

The experience here is, that 3 practices balance each other more than two or even one. One can balance an empty depressed mind with less meditation alone or with more pranayama. The first variant has its advantage, ittakes even less time, nice.. :P but why wasting that time while denser parts of the body-mind could be purified and transformed + having a balancing effect on the mind aswell.

The hints above are very general. Something that has not been tested out here which could be a good full spectrum balanced approach:

Breath meditation 10-15 minutes, SBP 10-15 minutes, Asanas 10-15 minutes, Rest 5-x minutes.

No need to waste time friends,
peace and happy practice to all :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000