AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 lineage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I googled for the history of the phrase "ecstatic conductivity."

As I read Nandhi's page heading, it would seem that Yogani "compiled" his AYP from "Siddhar Tantira Yoga."

See: http://www.nandhi.com/tantirayoga.htm

Is that so?

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 05 2007 01:16:02 AM

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell, the page you quote purports to list the 'Fundamental Principles of Tantira Yoga' as compiled by Yogani.

That doesn't imply that Yogani "compiled" his AYP from "Siddhar Tantira Yoga." Not that that would be a bad thing, but it just doesn't imply it. It just means that Yogani took the time to put together what the post calls the 'Fundamental Principles of Tantira Yoga'.

I'd say Yogani compiled his AYP from a number of different traditions/schools.

It is interesting though that Yogani would do such a thing. Thanks.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 09 2006 4:33:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That page 'Fundamental Principles of Tantira Yoga' as compiled by Yogani is by the way
Lesson 204 - Summary of principles, abilities, and practices

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 09 2006 10:55:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  11:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

For the record, I never heard of "Siddhar Tantira Yoga" before Nandhi visited AYP a couple of years ago. We were both amazed at the similarity of our knowledge, even though our backgrounds are entirely different.

Which goes to show that the truth of spiritual transformation is the same everywhere, and always derived from the same source -- the human nervous system. So, if you are looking for true lineage, look within! AYP and other systems can provide some useful tools to help with that. The rest is up to you...

Btw, David is correct -- my background is multi-source, which resulted in the integration of practices that became AYP. So AYP is a derivation based on causes and effects (applied yoga science), not a single-source hand-me-down. Those seeking an evolution of knowledge may find that reassuring, while those seeking a traditional approach may be a little nervous. In fact, AYP can be viewed as both -- a common-sense modern integration of traditional elements of practice with their roots in antiquity.

It is what it is, and here we are. Onward and upward!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again Yogani, for all the self-less work you have done for all of us. We are indeed grateful.

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  3:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

respects to yogani!

after nearly two decades of plunging into the wilderness and the wisdom energies of my siddhar gurus in south india and then finding myself in the west (los angeles), it was a bit of a shocking experience when i went for the 'yoga' classes here in los angeles.

when i first came across yogani's teachings, i emailed yogani and thanked him for bringing into words the deep wisdom of 'yoga' that i felt was so needed by yoga practitioners seeking to 'advance' in the sacred energies . the similarities between yogani's teachings and the teachings of my masters (that i call turiya yoga) are- the divine as non-denominational (and yet with bhakthi that sustains the daily inner journey);teachings and the learning beyond belief systems; the inner and external tantric practice within the yogic practice and the techniques with our kundalini. yogani's writings was expressive and in a simple 'language' easy to understood. i congratulate yogani for the sublime sacred dharma of offering these teachings to all.

however, as an observation into the 'yoga', 'tantra' and 'kundalini'here in the west, i find there being too much fertizers and pesticides used with poor quality seeds. it is natural to want to improvise. this improvization based on solid practice, experience and maturity is the birth of the seed that knows in its clear wisdom- 'the guru is within you'.

The deeper, intense yoga as practiced by the enlightened yogis (and yogani's teachings) does enable us to transcend human limitations for the sole purpose of aligning with source and evolving to be source. the bridge between the human limited nature and the eternal radiant source is dharma, the essence of goodness, that arises free of ego.

all the sacred bliss and its wisdom for each to share in the our journey to be One! cheers to yogani, the wonderful guru!

with folded hands!aum
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  4:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nandhi,
There is too much fertilizer and pesticieds because so few know the inner teachings and exploit others that know even less by making false offerings.You don't have to be a fallen guru to do this there is enough rubbish on the web making all sorts of claims. Unfortunately there are few who can tell the difference and many who spend a lot of money on absolute rubbish.Sad isn't it?
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  04:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

yes dave! slowly but surely ego is spent away till the left over nude mind in its humility becomes the vessel for fullness to flow.

sadness and happiness, both in its wisdom moved by the energies behind the seeking.

with folded hands!aum
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  01:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000