Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Secret tantric postures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  08:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Simple question, not expecting an explanation, yes or no will be fine. Are there any postures that the yogis have been keeping a secret? My suspicion would be totally yes.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  4:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chakburthi:

The short answer is, maybe some, but not much anymore. Whatever is still "secret" will not be for long, thanks to vastly improved worldwide information sharing. We are not only talking about postures, but a full range of spiritual practices coming from many formerly esoteric sources.

Much of what you will find openly shared in the AYP lessons, books and these forums was "secret." As has been pointed out in the writings, the issue nowadays isn't so much about finding secret knowledge. It is more about putting it to good practical use for steady spiritual unfoldment with balance and safety. That is what the AYP writings and these forums are about.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

PS: The essential elements of effective tantric sexual practice are covered here: http://www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html

Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  06:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Yogani for taking the time to answer. Don't get me wrong, there is neither urgent desire to discover secret knowledge. Nor am I suggesting AYP is missing anything. On the contrary, your teachings are impeccable! No sahasrara headaches or Kundalini issues, but everything is smooth and nice and well balanced. It is more of a scientific curiosity. I also wonder sometimes whether or not there are spiritual practices that we are expected to "discover" on our own, and that for one or the other reason cannot or should not be put into writing. I guess yogis have always been experimentalists and have tried out the weirdest things, such as cutting their frenulum or blocking their ejaculation. In my view this spirit lives on until today, despite the marvelous internet and your generous gift to mankind. Thank you for that, Yogani. I love your writings; your entire program has been live changing for me. Everything you have promised actually became true so far. Sometimes I am afraid AYP may actually work and then there would be an end to this wonderful journey that you have directed us onto, and that we don’t want to end.

Edited by - Chakburthi on Sep 21 2012 06:59:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  10:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chakburthi:

There are also the various forms of "automatic yoga" that can occur as our inner energies move, which can reveal or confirm yoga practices. All of yoga comes from within us. The performance and regulation of various practices for steady, smooth progress is nothing more than systematizing what would like to happen all at once as our bhakti (spiritual desire) grows and openings occur. The "all at once" is not necessarily in our best interest as many have found with the long delays for recovery that can occur if we are overdoing with regular or automatic yoga. So we work with structure and self-pacing for a speedier and safer journey through the stages of purification and opening, often taking advantage of the important principle of "less is more."

For more on "automatic yoga," see lessons linked under that heading in the topic index: http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

The guru is in you. And so are the secrets. This is why a word to the wise (the wisdom in all of us) is usually sufficient.

PS: And, of course, revelations on anything that can help enhance our progress are always welcome here.

Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  03:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Yogani. You keep saying this and it honors you. But while the guru may indeed be hidden somewhere in me, you are the real thing already, no escaping there. 

Anyway, I think I understand your points. In fact, I may have gotten these answers already from inner stillness. Yes, there may be secret, almost magic practices out there, or to be discovered by us, but there is no need to engage in them because we have a safe and balanced approach right in front of us that anybody can use freely, and that is ultimately even more concise than practicing a hypothetical "all at once" shiva-shakthi union.

I guess I have a curious mind that tends to want to know things. Also, some of the practices you describe here appear to be quite advanced already and if a beginner would start out with let's say targeted bhastrika in his head or navi kria right from the start, he may get himself into trouble too. In that same sense, the theoretical possibility to discuss even more advanced things here appeared interesting for a while.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  05:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chakburthi,
The most "secret" or "esoteric" practice that I have found in yoga or tantra is Kechari Mudra. It is not so much secret anymore as it is so rarely practiced.Many people who practice yoga have heard about it but few have ever attempted it since the association with cutting the tongue has been enough to make most people dismiss it out of hand. That is unfortunate because it is a deep and powerful practice yet even once the tongue is able to do the position it takes time for the practice to deepen. Pranayama practiced with Kechari mudra also connects the three Bandhas which helps open the central energy channel ( it really does!).This practice is very well instructed here at AYP and it was what drew me here in the first place. there are also assorted Mudras and Marma points points in Ayurveda that are not widely known. In my experience many of the "secret" practices are not actually secret, but are difficult and rarely practiced. If you truly do the practices taught here daily you will find an inner unfolding happen with time. At least I have.

Edited by - Victor on Sep 22 2012 05:03:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  06:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Victor, I couldn't agree more. The magic of Khechari, which makes you literally explore the cosmos is unmet by any other piece of yoga I know.

Khechari, the opening of the higher chakras such as ajina and sahasrara, and the ecstatic delight of kundalini raging through sushumna. All this is so much more powerful than any of the lovely little asanas many of us have been doing for so many years. And it also is what made me think there maybe other even more secret and even more powerful practices. Maybe too powerful to handle.

Anyway, I am endlessly grateful to have found this place here, where we can all safely move forward. 
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We all have the common ground of the daily practice of meditation, which leads to inner silence and finding our inner guru. It is the inner guru that will lead you to the additional practices that are most powerful for your individual enlightenment.

The concept of "secret practices" carries with it the false premise that the enlightenment path is the same for everyone, but there may be shortcuts. It's not the same for everyone.

Any practice may be extremely powerful for one person, but do nothing at all for another.
Each of our paths is different, and the best one for you is encoded inside with your inner guru. The "powerful secret practice" for you could be something everyone knows about and rejects because it seems to do nothing for them.

The secret is within you, and can't be found looking around the world for information.

That's why Yogani is always saying "The guru is in you". Because that is the most important concept.
Go to Top of Page

ran deren

Israel
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  8:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit ran deren's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi most traditions keeps the really powerful techniques secret (and for good reasons)
some of the Kundalini Yoga most powerful techniques (Maha Mudras and ouli Mudras) are taught openly in their correct way.(as much as I discovered) some Laya Yoga Mantras and Yantras are also kept secret (Maha Shiva Bija Mantra).
All the Best
Ran
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000