Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama Confusion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alshaermd

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  01:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

I am new to Smayama practice but do enjoy it allot. I became recently an avid reader about the topic of Samyama and noted that allot of confusion and vague descriptions of it exist. Almost any where you look you find the "Combined simultaneous practice of Dh#257;ra#7751;#257;, Dhy#257;na& Sam#257;dhi. This makes you think that you need to focus on something very intently and very different from the AYP simple stillness interrupted by faint remembrance of the sutra......Help explain please??

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  11:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alshaermd, I think it is a safe assumption on my part that the method here would not have been promoted were it found ineffective to its primary purpose of helping the sadhana along from a number of angles, in addition to suggesting sutras for experimentation with siddhis. If you are attracted to an alternate method, it would be your own experiment with that method.
Go to Top of Page

Alshaermd

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  5:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I absolutly love the method presented here and I practice it. As I started practicing Samyama I started reading about it and I realized that no one really provides a way of how to perform it, further more our method here seems to be far from what Patanjali talks about.
I am just trying to decipher the differences.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000