New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  12:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Several people have emailed me now asking about holding another AYP retreat in the UK. So I am starting this thread to see who would be interested. I had a vague look at possible venues, but realized that I would need an idea of numbers first as different venues accommodate different group sizes.

So the idea at the moment is to hold another retreat similar to last year's. A long weekend (Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon), some time during October or November. The exact dates would probably depend as much on what was available in terms of venues as anything else. Somewhere in central England would be best like last year so as to be easily accessible to everyone, and hopefully not too expensive (around the £100 mark per head like last year) would be good so that everyone can afford it. And in a dedicated yoga retreat centre.

So let me know if you would be interested to give me a rough idea of numbers and then I can look for a suitable venue and sort out some dates.

It would be another international retreat of course so everyone (world-wide) would be welcome.

Christi

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  05:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s.

So far five people have expressed an interest. We would need about 8 or 9 people before going ahead and provisionally booking a retreat centre. Post in this thread, or send me a message if you would be interested.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  2:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to join, as I did last year. Don't have a clue whether my situation will allow it this year, though. Please, know I'm interested, and if there's space left and I'm able, I'd love to come!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  04:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Great! I'll add your name to the list.
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  2:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

The retreat sounds great.
I would say I'm about 80/20 in favor of attending. The only issue for me is the date and how it fits in with my and my family's schedule.
Happy to say, my 15 yr.old son is at the head of the line when it comes to my priorities. I wish I could give you good dates vs.bad dates but it's not quite so simple.
Please keep me informed as things progress and I'll do whatever is possible for me to attend.
Thanks,
Guy
ps any idea which airport I'd be flying into from NYC? Heathrow or Gatwick
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  4:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

I'll be up for that.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  04:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guy,

Great. I'll let you know when there is more idea of a definite date and venue. Heathrow is better than Gatwick, but they are actually both pretty close to each other.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  04:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Woosa,

Brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  2:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I am definitely interested. I enjoyed last year's so much and would love to get together again. Thanks so much for taking the initiative Christi!

Has anyone had a look at the Retreats - fast track to freedom book? I'm sure it will get a lot of people itching to try one
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  2:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

This sounds fabulous, I am really up for coming, so you can put my name down
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  5:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wafu, Queen and all,

That's great. There are enough people interested now to start looking at retreat centres and dates. We can't use the one we used last year again unfortunately as it is no longer operating, so we will have to find a new place. I will see what I can find, or if anyone knows of any good centres in the Midlands area, then post here. We are looking at 10 to 15 in terms of numbers.

Last year someone asked if there could be more teaching on the advanced practices and on navigating through the advanced stages of practice, so that is something I would be up for offering this year in addition to the usual retreat schedule.

Go to Top of Page

kay62jj

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  08:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
Great news! I'm in too
Go to Top of Page

kay62jj

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  09:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...Beacon Bank Farm (www.beaconbankfarm.org)in Staffs could be an option -good train/road links.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  03:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kay,

Excellent. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  07:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I like the look of Beacon Bank Farm, and the prices seem reasonable. Thank you Kay! Have you visited there before? Do we know the maximum number they can accommodate? I'd also like to volunteer myself as an assistant retreat organizer if this is possible. Leading retreats is something I anticipate wanting to do a lot of in the future, and I'd find some experience in organizing and structuring the schedule very valuable. I'm actually not in the best position to be of help for the next week or so, as I'm abroad and don't have regular internet access. However I'm back in the UK on the 15th of August and will be very glad to assist with any preparations that take place from this point onward.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  1:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wafu,

That's great! I'll PM you and keep you posted on how things are unfolding.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  1:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s.
Yes, Beacon Bank farm looks great. They even have 4 yurts the people can stay in. We think the max number might be 9, but we are waiting to hear back from them on that, and on availability.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  2:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all, I am very interested in going. If I am accepted, I'll start my postgraduate on November, the 15th. So if the retreats takes place before that, and if there are no sudden changes, I'll go. I am not sure if my girlfriend can go or not.

Thanks a lot!!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  5:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will Power,

Excellent. I'll contact you when we have more info.
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  4:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Beacon Bank Farm looks groovy
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  3:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Queen,

It looks like a great venue. Unfortunately they are pretty booked up, so we are exploring a couple of other options. Still waiting to hear from those. I'll post here again when there are more details.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  3:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I have booked a centre for the UK AYP 2012 retreat. It is at a place called Hollycombe (www.holycombe.com) in The Cotswolds in Warwickshire. It is a beautiful house near Witchford set in 6 acres of grounds.

The retreat will be from 12 noon on Friday 14th until 5pm on Sunday 16th December. It will be similar to last year but with more concentration on advanced practice. The sessions will be the same (2+1) with asana practice.

The cost will be £175 per person in a shared room (2 or 3 people per room) or £195 per person if you want a single room. This includes full board.

Places will be strictly limited because of the size of the yoga room so let me know soon if you want to come.

Post here or PM me if you would like to come or have any questions.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Quick update. There are now 7 places still available on this retreat.
Go to Top of Page

ustrann

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  07:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi all,

Quick update. There are now 7 places still available on this retreat.

Hi I would love to come can't do 3/4th Nov but after that dates are free looking forward to it love Lindsey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  08:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lindsey,

That's great. I'll send you an email with the details.

Welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  08:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
4 places still available.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000