Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 world of tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  4:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends,

Since I posted lastly a great deal of happiness and peace had descended with experiencing thought less dimensions and bliss that goes with the same. At the same time, I have been able to successfully overcome the falling for lust even when the opportunities presented itself. This is certainly good news. But I know within me I am not done yet :) I guess the amount of praraptha karma does make one go through multiple cycles.

Have anyone read this book called "The world of tantra" written by B. bhattacharya? It has been an interesting read. Although at times, it comes across more like fiction and philosophy sprinkled with some real life incidents.
He talks about the karma mudra and the alter ego in his book, where he claims one should not engage his spouse as a mudra and always meet a tantric consort for the purposes. He does not advocate sex but the act of "asana" or sitting in the tantric pose. Could you please share your views/experiences on this.

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  7:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Contents of the book 'World of Tantra' is good but writing style was amaeturish. It is an autobio of a tantric who was active for many years. He shared his experience.

Karma Mudra is part of Chakrasamvara tantra style (Mahayama Tantra in Buddhism), Guhya samaja and also part of Kalachakra system of Tibetian buddhism.

Karma Mudra is an asana pose where the consort will be sitting. The way I understood that the consort should be divine form of Dakini (Ma Devi or Shakthi or Female divine form). Your spouse can be Karma Mudra consort, as long as you can sense the divinity in her. If you can not sense divinity and she is not a highly practising yogi, then you have to search an alternate. Age is not a bar as per Kalachakra, while it is bar in other 2 systems.

The reason for consort practice is not sexual bliss, but bringing out full manifestation of primordial wisdom.

You would be better off by contacting Tibetan Buddhist monks (H.H. Dalai Lama's group), who would be able to give you better explanation.

Edited by - yogishankar on Jul 05 2012 11:58:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  12:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou yogishankar. I appreciate your feedback. Yes I do not have a spouse that is into yoga however did meet someone a divine spiritual person. THough I ended up not encouraging her too much as I felt she is too young(above 18) and probably could save some trouble by not getting into something like tantra. I dont mean tantra is bad, but I didnt see the point in using her for my learning experience/spiritual evolution. Yes looks like tibetan buddhist schools might be a good stop. It is very difficult to even comprehend, I know it will be a great thing for me to do, but I just dont know how I would ask someone to be my divine consort. Guess this is not going to be an easy one! :)
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  08:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sivasambho

Thankyou yogishankar. I appreciate your feedback. Yes I do not have a spouse that is into yoga however did meet someone a divine spiritual person. THough I ended up not encouraging her too much as I felt she is too young(above 18) and probably could save some trouble by not getting into something like tantra. I dont mean tantra is bad, but I didnt see the point in using her for my learning experience/spiritual evolution. Yes looks like tibetan buddhist schools might be a good stop. It is very difficult to even comprehend, I know it will be a great thing for me to do, but I just dont know how I would ask someone to be my divine consort. Guess this is not going to be an easy one! :)

In my case, I am single. Alternate recommendation given to me, was keeping a Pratima of Dakini or female doll and visualize to be your partner. It was not effective in my case. Keeping Pratima is accepted in Tibetan Buddhism while it is not accepted in Hindu version of Tantra.

There are certain tantric acts that have to be performed by Dakini. Pratima does not do those acts:)

Since you have a spouse, you can assist her to evolve spiritually, unless you have contrary intentions. It is only Siddha Yoni asana and some mudras, apart from some physical acts such as hugging, sensual touching and few more acts, no intercourse involved.

I am moving away from Vamachara Tantra since I don't have a partner. Further, it is supposed to involve 5 'M's for stronger benefits. I am not into any of 5 M. Any wrong, slight mis-usage, you get into problem.

In my case, I am already as sharp as knife, no more sharpness is needed.

Edited by - yogishankar on Jul 07 2012 08:52:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  3:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks yogishankar. Could you elaborate more on the siddha yoni asana and associated methods? or perhaps a link would be very helpful. What do you mean by sharpness and how did you gain the same. Please advise.
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sivasambho

Thanks yogishankar. Could you elaborate more on the siddha yoni asana and associated methods? or perhaps a link would be very helpful. What do you mean by sharpness and how did you gain the same. Please advise.

Please use google to find out about siddha yoni asana. I sent you link about a Dakini and you can talk to her, if you wish.

You need not take my comments about sharpness seriously

Edited by - yogishankar on Jul 06 2012 4:10:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogishankar. As you know, I am a bit hesitant to go to these professionals that advertise themselves as dakinis - It seems its still a venture born out of the social necessities or for economic benefits.

Guess the best thing would be to wait for a spiritually person that is above emotions and are able to be objective for an experience and the knowledge of the self that can come with it.

In hindsight, Your sharpness is something, I could relate to as a better scenery all around with everything being a bit more "clear".
Go to Top of Page

tinawiller

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  7:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tinawiller's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Friends,

There is a new book coming out Modern Tantra For Intoxicating Love Connections Book: Secrets to Enriching Your Love, Sex, Creative and Spiritual Life Book 1. It will be FREE to download on Amazon Kindle between October 27 and 31, 2012 here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...estsell06-20 .

Regards, Tina
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000