Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Kenneth Folk Dharma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  5:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Think this guy is a bit of a gem. He seems like a very well-balanced teacher who integrates and accepts the validity of both the dual (progressive enlightenment and awakening) and non-dual (timeless, you are what you are seeking, paradigm) despite their seemingly paradoxical nature. He is grounded in the Buddhist tradition but integrates a wide range of modalities in his teaching.

The mission statement of his website: The main teaching here is Kenneth Folk's "3-Speed Transmission," which is a comprehensive set of practices designed to lead to both timeless realization and developmental enlightenment.

Excerpts:

Q: OK, then what do you teach?

A: I teach people to find out what is truer than their thoughts. I also teach self-enquiry, vipassana and samatha meditation, including the samatha jhanas (realms of absorption).

Q: Kenneth, why did you split off from the Dharma Overground? I noticed that your teachings were already featured there, so why did you feel the need to move?

A: While the DhO is dedicated to "hardcore meditation practice," which means goal-oriented vipassana/samatha practice aimed at progressing as quickly as possible through the Four Paths of Enlightenment of Theravada Buddhism, my vision of dharma is somewhat different. I favor a balanced approach, which includes not only developmental enlightenment but also self-enquiry as taught by Advaita Vedanta teachers and direct path (non-dual) teachings similar to those taught in Zen, Advaita, and Dzogchen. I think of this three-part approach as the "3-Speed Transmission." In my experience, these practices work beautifully together and support one another as part of a comprehensive enlightenment package.

The website is here: http://kennethfolkdharma.wetpaint.com

I find him to be an immensely clear, non-dogmatic teacher. His teaching and videos on the site are free, and the videos contain some pretty powerful transmission IMO. He also offers personalized instruction but is not currently taking new students.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000