Yoga, Career and Money
 'manifesting" - am i doing it wrong?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  9:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
One of my friends who is a yogi/business advisor posted this on FB:

"A Harvard study on people who called themselves 'truly happy' found that they had 2 main things in common: 1) They knew what they wanted, AND 2) They felt that they were moving towards it.

Coupling that insight with all that we know about deliberate creation, I guess we could conclude then that the key to solving all of our problems and being as happy as we can be is:
1-A) Take the time to get clear on what you want (versus just brooding about what sucks, who to blame, and what you DON'T want)
1-B) Take a little MORE time to envision the outcome you want as a DONE DEAL. Not just possible. Finished. Checked off. Pow.
3) From that tactile sensory experience of feeling satisfaction in advance, continue letting yourself be drawn to all the people, places, ideas, events, information and opportunities that seem to lead to the fulfillment of your desire... then enjoy the ride, the stepping stones, the unfolding, as much as you do the full realization, the brilliant manifestation of that desire."

She says this works for her every time. Other friends (Chas) have also said that "manifestation" or "deliberate creation" works for them as well. This has never, ever worked for me - ever. I was totally into it in my youth, extremely enthusiastic, until after years of failure, the school of hard knocks eventually convinced me that it was a waste of my time and energy. Had I spent more time working versus visualizing, I would have been better off.

Now, more recently, since my reality shifted about a year ago, at my friend's suggestion, I decided to give it another go. I'm in a very BAD financial situation and had nothing to lose. First (at her advice) I let go of any negative ideas about money, etc., and gave myself permission to be prosperous and to receive. I followed the above steps with total confidence. I also offered up my situation into the silence in samyama. At the same time, I did plenty of advertising and other real-world "practical" actions to promote my yoga business and get my house sold so that I can open my new studio in a better location (my current studio is a rat-infested trailer in the boondocks where I live). It has failed miserably.

Not only has my house been on the market since December with 2 price drops and ZERO offers, but also, all but 3 of my students have quit due to time and financial concerns, which I believe because everyone in this little redneck hick town is broke and has to work as much as they can at minimum wage jobs to try to get by. I acknowledge these "real world" considerations given my location, the economy, etc.

BUT, since other people assure me that the method does work, I can only assume that either I am doing it wrong, or else for whatever reason, it's not meant to be at this time.

By the way, samyama "works" great for me as far as, e.g., easily changing the energy of people in a room or gaining cooperation of an animal, etc. Also I offered up our tax situation in samyama and we were able to pay in full, on time, and I even got an unexpected refund (thanks, Ma Lakshmi!). But, most of the time I don't even focus on external things at all; I'm just enjoying the Divine Presence.

I should point out with regard to the above premise about happiness, my happiness is NOT dependent on external conditions! I already have what I want (divine union). Which raises the question, maybe I'm just not caring enough to make things happen; maybe the method requires attachment that I no longer have??

I continue to completely trust that everything will work out somehow. I'm just questioning the "manifesting" method. If anybody has experience with this and any practical advice, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  05:18:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's insulting isn't it. asking for answers about something you don't care about anyway. Surely any effort to answer would be wasted on one who has mastered union with the divine and certainly requires no external comforts for happiness I suspect you are just testing us

Life has a way of handing us a great big spoonful of humility.

Your post reflects most of current thinking in NLP on successful outcomes. It's been around for years in one form or another. I worked with many people on creating their success. Snigger snigger. I think the Greeks used to sacrifice to the Gods and visit Oracles, as a kid I used to send my Xmas list up the Chimney.

Edited by - karl on Apr 19 2012 05:26:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  08:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have to disconnect your need for money from your desire for a yoga business, because they are two different things and they fight each other.
Businesses are best started after saving a lot of money so you can concentrate on everything else.
I would suggest finding another job for income, and teach yoga in your spare time.

Samyama is very powerful for manifesting but there are requirements:

1) inner silence
2) desire
3) not being concerned about whether your desire is manifested or not.

So you can see the third one is not possible if you are in need of money and connect that to a yoga business.

Massive action in the real world is the best way to build a business. But for that to work, you either need money to build physical things, or you need to concentrate on teaching yoga without connecting it to money.

The fewer limitations you put on your visualized goal, the easier it is to manifest.
Maybe your goal for now could be to live in peace and harmony (without mentioning money), because that is easier to manifest.
Money goals are complex because it isn't real. It is just a symbol of exchange between people.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  09:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Radharani;

your post reminds me of Yassin "the Sufi" words:

A Sufi doesn't own & doesn't own (Repetition in arabic to confirm meaning)

& I find his words to be very true.Ever since I started on spiritual path(s)...financially I did emergency descend :)
It doesn't matter really!
Although I don't own a thing,still I don't need anything,everything is sorted out without any effort from my side.
But I wish I have more money to help the poor sometimes...but it's not meant to happen I guess :)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  6:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you really want to help the poor you can do it without money. Mother Theresa did. Some people wish they had more money because they want to help the poor without having to work at it. I already know i am too lazy to make an effort to help the poor. When God gives me somebody to help I always do it, but that's not often.
Then there is the question of are you really helping? I know people who make a lot of effort to help the poor, and it doesn't seem to help, and the people they help treat them like crap and demand more! Hard to understand.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  01:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Etherfish...I don't enjoy thinking about the why & hows of charity & help...All I know I can't say no if someone asks me for help & God gave me the resources to do that...whether it's through money,action,kinds words...etc whatever available :)

& doing that is out of joy of doing it...not expecting any favor or similar treatment in return.

forgive my honesty but if one is expecting similar treatment or even praise that's business not charity...that's how I see it at least

Back to Radha's main subject.When I said things take care of themselves without any effort from my side.I didn't mean I'm being lazy & waiting for others to do my tasks.What I meant to say is this:
Before the spiritual thing,I would set my intention on something & get it...impossible didn't exist in my dictionary.After the spiritual thing,no matter how much effort I put in one direction,if it's not meant to happen it's not gonna happen.& as a result,becoming wealthy (& thus helping myself and others as I wish) doesn't seem an option but on the other hand,I still get everything I wish for without any effort from my side(before trying to do any effort) ...but these are simple things that keeps me satisfied day by day...donno if I managed to explain the situation properly.

will keep you posted if I find the solution for that!
Salam

Edited by - Delara on Apr 20 2012 02:19:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  02:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

that's insulting isn't it. asking for answers about something you don't care about anyway. Surely any effort to answer would be wasted on one who has mastered union with the divine and certainly requires no external comforts for happiness I suspect you are just testing us

Life has a way of handing us a great big spoonful of humility.

Your post reflects most of current thinking in NLP on successful outcomes. It's been around for years in one form or another. I worked with many people on creating their success. Snigger snigger. I think the Greeks used to sacrifice to the Gods and visit Oracles, as a kid I used to send my Xmas list up the Chimney.

Karl,
Thanks - I think. I "care" to the extent that being here in this body requires that I make a living. I am happy enjoying the Divine but obviously meditating will not pay the bills. When my business advisor recommended this "manifesting" stuff I felt I ought to give it a try, but when it failed so completely I wondered whether I should be trying harder, or caring more, or something. So basically you're saying it's a load of crap like Santa Claus? If so, that would actually be a relief so I can stop wasting my energy and go back to meditating.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  03:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

You have to disconnect your need for money from your desire for a yoga business, because they are two different things and they fight each other.
Businesses are best started after saving a lot of money so you can concentrate on everything else.
I would suggest finding another job for income, and teach yoga in your spare time.

Samyama is very powerful for manifesting but there are requirements:

1) inner silence
2) desire
3) not being concerned about whether your desire is manifested or not.

So you can see the third one is not possible if you are in need of money and connect that to a yoga business.

Massive action in the real world is the best way to build a business. But for that to work, you either need money to build physical things, or you need to concentrate on teaching yoga without connecting it to money.

The fewer limitations you put on your visualized goal, the easier it is to manifest.
Maybe your goal for now could be to live in peace and harmony (without mentioning money), because that is easier to manifest.
Money goals are complex because it isn't real. It is just a symbol of exchange between people.

Etherfish,
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

Your statement that "need for money and .. desire for a business are two different things and they fight each other" does not make sense. I was under the impression that money and business go hand in hand - not so?

I was actually inquiring about the manifesting technique per se, not about starting or running a business. Just to give you a little background, I actually have 2 other jobs in addition to teaching yoga. My primary job was medical transcription (my own business since 2001), but it is a dying field and the work has been petering out over the last few years. My other job is as a "psychic" reading Tarot cards for Psychic Source, Hollywood Psychics and Keen, only because my Psychology M.A. is useless here in FL. I'm bored with posing as a "fortune teller" (why does everybody want to know the future?!) and it doesn't pay enough.

I actually opened the yoga studio a few years ago because after giving the situation a great deal of thought, it's the only other thing I'm really qualified to do and there are no other suitable jobs where I live. I've been teaching yoga on the side off and on since the mid 1980s but never thought of it as a way to make a living until recently. I have been taking "massive action in the real world" already, but awaiting the sale of my house and some of my land in order to buy the new studio in a better location.

I'm already living in peace and harmony. That's easy. Unfortunately it does not pay the electric bill and such things, which is why I thought maybe I ought to do something, and when my business advisor recommended manifesting I figured why not go for it.

Re: samyama, not sure what happened, but I was actually concerned about the tax situation and it did resolve beautifully, presumably by the grace of God.

At this point I'm inclined to give up on the whole "manifesting" thing and just continue to trust that everything will work out.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  03:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara

Hello Radharani;

your post reminds me of Yassin "the Sufi" words:

A Sufi doesn't own & doesn't own (Repetition in arabic to confirm meaning)

& I find his words to be very true.Ever since I started on spiritual path(s)...financially I did emergency descend :)
It doesn't matter really!
Although I don't own a thing,still I don't need anything,everything is sorted out without any effort from my side.
But I wish I have more money to help the poor sometimes...but it's not meant to happen I guess :)

Delara,
Thanks. I don't mind being poor. But, I do have financial responsibilities as an incarnate being. Everybody has to do something. It just seemed logical to make a living doing something I love - yoga - which will at the same time benefit others. So, that remains the plan, God willing.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  08:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

[quote]
Your statement that "need for money and .. desire for a business are two different things and they fight each other" does not make sense. I was under the impression that money and business go hand in hand - not so?

No, because money does not come from owning a business. Money comes from people's perception that they benefit from your business. So if you do what you love, and are good at it, money will come. The focus is not on money, but on giving as much as you can.
Sounds like you already have it covered though.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  09:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Radharani,

A few questions about your manifesting...

Do you at all feel any "guilt" when you request monetary gain from the divine? Almost, like it is wrong? Manifesting (or Samyama) works from silence, but it is easy for ego to sneak in on personal requests. The ego has no power in silence.

When you release the intent in silence, can you "feel" the energy "form" around it? Also, it is possible to give the intent a little energy "push".

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

[quote]

No, because money does not come from owning a business. Money comes from people's perception that they benefit from your business. So if you do what you love, and are good at it, money will come. The focus is not on money, but on giving as much as you can.

hmmm, ok, I see what you mean. So in that case I guess I should just continue doing what I am, since this is what I feel called to do. Really, what else is there? thanks.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  5:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

[quote]

Oh yes, that's exactly right, I'm in the middle of writing a book around business and sales and that pretty much sums it up.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  6:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Hi Radharani,

A few questions about your manifesting...

Do you at all feel any "guilt" when you request monetary gain from the divine? Almost, like it is wrong? Manifesting (or Samyama) works from silence, but it is easy for ego to sneak in on personal requests. The ego has no power in silence.

When you release the intent in silence, can you "feel" the energy "form" around it? Also, it is possible to give the intent a little energy "push".

Love.

Jeff, good questions. Yes, in the past I did have a feeling of guilt when asking the Divine for financial help! I always kind of felt like money is "unspiritual," but thanks to my friends from India who assured me Ma Lakshmi wants to take care of all our needs, and they ask Her for money without hesitation, and my teacher, who told me "money is the flow of love, too," I was able to get over that last year. As mentioned above, I had to give myself permission to receive, and I feel totally ok about that now.

Re: samyama, yes I can feel the energy around the intent. Not sure about giving it a "push," it feels more like just dropping it into the silence. I will try that.

I should clarify: The "manifesting" technique I was referring to above is different from samyama; it involves much more detailed visualization, verbal and emotional content and includes ego involvement in an active mental process. E.g., (even though at this point I've pretty much given up on the technique), I can clearly see myself in the new yoga studio on the beach, the plants decorating it, the sign on the front window, the students coming in, the ocean breeze blowing in through the door, etc. - like my advisor said, "a done deal." With my house which I need to sell, I've visualized the new owners who will love it and be happy living there, etc.

Samyama, on the other hand, as you said is done in the silence. I've been using the method that Carson mentioned where if something "sticky" comes up, drop it into the silence. A single word. So, e.g., "studio" or "house." I did this with "taxes" and like I said, it was mercifully answered and my partner was able to pay and didn't have to go to jail, thank God.

But you know, while I trust samyama and its simplicity - the silence knows what to do about everything - I'm skeptical of the other "manifesting" technique, not only because it has totally failed to work for me, but also, because I trust that God's plan is better than whatever I can visualize. Like, I had hoped to sell the house and move by now, but had I done so, I would have had to find a home for my other horse. (One of them has already been adopted.) As it is, the delay in selling the property has given me more time to spend with her and I'm really enjoying that.

Most of all, I'm enjoying the constant awareness of God and Divine Love pouring through every cell in my body. As I said previously, I have to kind of make myself care to be motivated to do anything about the material circumstances, whereas in the past I would have been totally obsessed and worrying about it. Thank God that burden is gone! But I'm finding there is a balance to be maintained while we are in this body, I mean, life goes on and bills have to be paid regardless...
Love to you!

Edited by - Radharani on Apr 20 2012 6:21:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  6:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, samyama is more effective for several reasons:

1) When you concentrate on a specific visualization, you limit what God can manifest, as you found with spending time with your horse. And God comes up with way better stuff than we do.

2) We are often limited financially by part of our minds that doesn't believe we deserve it. It doesn't matter which reason caused it, and there are many. If a small part of your mind doesn't believe it, all the affirmations and visualizations in the world won't make it manifest; in fact it creates an inner conflict.

3) You have to be emotionally detached to manifest anything. You have to be completely at ease with the opposite thing manifesting. That is why I was saying you can't manifest money when you need it badly. You have to get to the place where you want it, but don't care at all either way.

This is so easy to solve with samyama, because you don't even say money, you say something like "abundance",
and there is no inner struggle with that concept because it is very general and benign.

Be sure that you never use negative words in visualization or samyama because the subconscious mind does not understand them. If you try to visualize "stop the violence", your subconscious hears "violence". It is like a child and can't comprehend "not something" without thinking about that something.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  8:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, samyama is more effective for several reasons:

1) When you concentrate on a specific visualization, you limit what God can manifest, as you found with spending time with your horse. And God comes up with way better stuff than we do.

2) We are often limited financially by part of our minds that doesn't believe we deserve it. It doesn't matter which reason caused it, and there are many. If a small part of your mind doesn't believe it, all the affirmations and visualizations in the world won't make it manifest; in fact it creates an inner conflict.

3) You have to be emotionally detached to manifest anything. You have to be completely at ease with the opposite thing manifesting. That is why I was saying you can't manifest money when you need it badly. You have to get to the place where you want it, but don't care at all either way.

This is so easy to solve with samyama, because you don't even say money, you say something like "abundance",
and there is no inner struggle with that concept because it is very general and benign.

Be sure that you never use negative words in visualization or samyama because the subconscious mind does not understand them. If you try to visualize "stop the violence", your subconscious hears "violence". It is like a child and can't comprehend "not something" without thinking about that something.

Thanks, Etherfish, that is helpful and I agree with you about the limitations of "manifesting" versus samyama.

re: #3, I AM emotionally detached. In fact, as I said, I've had to MAKE myself care in order to even undertake the "manifesting" exercise, and wondered whether maybe the reason it didn't work was because I did not care ENOUGH. It's not so much that I "want" money, as I must acknowledge the "need" for money as a real-life necessity. My whole life I've said "money is not important" and now maybe I am reaping the consequences of that attitude... I do like your suggestion of using the word "abundance" in samyama.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  11:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

At this point I'm inclined to give up on the whole "manifesting" thing and just continue to trust that everything will work out.

That's the key to manifesting, isn't it?

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  01:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

quote:

Not according to the definition that is being promoted by my friend and others! They advocate a very active, intentional, willful involvement in making things happen according to your desires. But I think I'd rather just leave it in God's hands.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  05:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

quote:

Not according to the definition that is being promoted by my friend and others! They advocate a very active, intentional, willful involvement in making things happen according to your desires. But I think I'd rather just leave it in God's hands.

Yes, that is NLP.

There are a number of things that need completing if you want to follow the route ( and personally I think this is the wrong route with the right intention, it's like building a spaceship from cardboard. It looks the part but won't fly ).

1 . Remove all negative emotions go anger, guilt, sadness! Hurt, fear by Time Line Therapy. An example here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkIq...gdata_player

2. Remove all limiting beliefs: a limiting belief is where you would like something ie money, but think something like "money is the root of all evil" or you think you should own a Ferrari, but think only drug dealers drive Ferraris.

This is also handled by TLT ( although this is far more involved than the clip shown ).

3. Next it is necessary to access your core values through a question and answer session, then to ordinate your answers. Usually you have 5 or 6 core values arranged in priority. If money isn't amongst them, or is a low priority then it gets moved up to 2nd place and then you are shown how money can help support your other values. So, for instance if charity/ giving is a high value, see how, if you had more money you could be more effective at supporting others.

4. Now we set the goal up and ask a number of specific questions to make sure it's the right goal: what will you get when you have it, what will you lose when you have it, what wont you get if you have it, what won't you get if you don't have it. Can you act as if you already have it, do you know anyone else who has achieved it.

5.Then it's time to punch the goal into shape by using the SMART acronym. In NLP we add a few more strands to make it doubly effective. For instance the s stands for simple and also for self only ( no one else can be relied on to achieve the goal ), A stands for achievable and acting as if you already had it.

6. Next comes visualisation of what the goal will look like when it's achieved. This is induced in light trance....when you go deeply into a visualisation it is lightly hypnotic. The visualisation has to be very strong and you must be viewing the scene through your own eyes. Colours, smells, sound, what the weather is doing, the carpets on the floor, everything in vivid detail.

7. Once that is completed you need to dissociate from the picture, and it now becomes a memory which will now be inserted in your time line at that specific future date.

Does it work ? Yes it does, but not always in the way you imagine. It worked for me, or at least it is now working for me. The goals I set out 4 years ago are slowly being achieved. But and it's a big but, to get those goals you often need to sacrifice, for instance you might become a millionaire, but in the process you sacrifice you house, living standards for several years.

It's also necessary to "take action" it's not a wish system. That's part of the goal setting. I have skipped a lot.

Now, to do this properly you need to find and pay an NLP coach. That preach is supported by many books, such as the richest man in Babylon and the instant millionaire. You have to pay to get. It's the equivalent of the "cross my palms with silver".

Now here is the strange thing. I have moved closer to the goal I set. Already it is over two years late ( although in NLP parlance it's quite OK for this to be the case, but that pretty much covers any failure as being either time dependent or not setting up the right goal). However, I don't know if AYP has been part of this move towards the goal. You see, the goal was so specific it included the health of mindset of both my wife and myself at the time. So, maybe part of the preparation is to meditate.

The thing with goals is that you have to make the entire universe line up to achieve them. When you get close to achieving them. Then your goal might well have no place anymore.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  10:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Radharani,

Manifesting is done from silence. If you can feel the energy form around the intent, then just continue to "watch it" for a little while. That will give it a small push.

Visualization technichiques are products of the mind. The more mind activity, the harder it is to "stay in" silence. Mind/ego do not have the ability to manifest in silence.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  10:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Hi Radharani,

Manifesting is done from silence. If you can feel the energy form around the intent, then just continue to "watch it" for a little while. That will give it a small push.

Visualization technichiques are products of the mind. The more mind activity, the harder it is to "stay in" silence. Mind/ego do not have the ability to manifest in silence.

Love.

Yes, I have never manifested from silence as a goal. Although I practice Samyama, each sutra is just universal. If there is something occurring then it is, it's not noticeable externally.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  8:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, you are going to love this! God is so good. Yesterday while walking over to the house to show it to a prospective renter, I was talking to the Lord about this whole "manifesting" business: "Screw it, You know I only want You anyway. I'm not going to waste my energy trying to make sh*t happen anymore, You can do whatever You want." The renter and her daughter LOVED the house so much, they want to rent it for 6 months and then BUY it! (She has a house that is currently being sold and then she will have the money to buy my house.) The daughter, although young, is quite an accomplished horse rider and has competed in high jumping and dressage. She immediately hit it off with my horse Angel and is going to be helping me give her attention, groom her, ride her, etc. When I move to the beach she can take care of Angel for me so I won't have to sell her! So if all goes as planned we should be able to get the new home/yoga studio at the beach by Christmas. I will be able to keep the part of the land that has Angel's barn, my father's workshop and RV, and the yoga studio. This has turned out SOOO much better than I could have imagined!

Dear Karl, Thank you so much for the additional information about NLP. That's pretty much what I thought. Yes, I had the opportunity to pay to learn NLP to get a "life coach" certificate but I decided against it. Frankly it sounds like way too much work. I've decided to just behave in a dharmically correct way, one day at a time, taking care of things on a practical level as necessary, and otherwise just go with the flow. The universe has been running itself for a very long time without my help. But I will continue to offer up stuff in samyama as it comes up.

Dear Jeff, thanks for the additional clarification about samyama! Will keep it in mind.

Love you guys so much!!!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  03:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, NLP was the first foray into the murky world that lies at the side of life. AYP is more direct and bypasses all that " success" stuff that isn't necessary. You surrendered that's the path. Surrender completely, know that you have no control and let go of it. Little rewards help to re-enforce that you are going with the flow and not trying to keep steering.

Expect a succession of bumps when you forget to relinquish it.

Well done on the house and every success with your new studio.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  4:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Yes, NLP was the first foray into the murky world that lies at the side of life. AYP is more direct and bypasses all that " success" stuff that isn't necessary. You surrendered that's the path. Surrender completely, know that you have no control and let go of it. Little rewards help to re-enforce that you are going with the flow and not trying to keep steering.

Expect a succession of bumps when you forget to relinquish it.

Well done on the house and every success with your new studio.

Thanks for all your feedback. I totally agree with you. Surrender just feels right; ecstatic, actually. And if I'm going to be thinking anything, I'd rather be thinking "Krishna, Krishna, Krishna" or "Love, love, love" as opposed to cluttering up my mind with planning, visualizing, or trying to manipulate reality. Love.
Go to Top of Page

BenQuiet

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  02:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I'm not going to talk much about manifesting objects. Decades ago 'I thought I' was manifesting objects, instantaneously and sometimes the 'stuff' took a week or so to arrive. It turns out that now it is known here that it was always just consciousness itself at play. Yes it comes from a completely neutral emotional place with a mind picture, kind of like the emotions are the motor and the mind makes the mold. It is a knowing in present moment that it is already done. Similar to Richard Bach's book "Illusions - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah", but he doesn't speak about the emotions.

Do we desire REALITY or to get caught up in loads more lifetimes of suffering. Tons of stories out there like Nisargadatta and Papaji laughing at the Siddhi Yogis that visited them.

Let what comes come, then it goes. Keep your earnestness with the priority of Self recognizing Self.

Money is neutral like an elemental, it is just energy. I used to make a point of pushing it away - and then it would come barreling at me = just energy. I don't have hardly any now and i don't give a hoot. The universe takes care, like the song goes "You don't always get what you want, but you always get what you need". Things always are working for the best, sometimes we need certain experiences that at the time 'seem' bad. Paradhba Karma.

Here is an amazing woman Inelia Benz who claims that this is her first incarnation, that she came directly from source to help raise the vibrations of this planet. Quite fascinating stories she tells in videos with Bill Ryan. Here is a link to her article about money;

http://ascension101.com/en/ascensio...o-tools.html

Edited by - BenQuiet on Apr 24 2012 02:46:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  7:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BenQuiet

Hi,

I'm not going to talk much about manifesting objects. Decades ago 'I thought I' was manifesting objects, instantaneously and sometimes the 'stuff' took a week or so to arrive. It turns out that now it is known here that it was always just consciousness itself at play. Yes it comes from a completely neutral emotional place with a mind picture, kind of like the emotions are the motor and the mind makes the mold. It is a knowing in present moment that it is already done. Similar to Richard Bach's book "Illusions - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah", but he doesn't speak about the emotions.

Do we desire REALITY or to get caught up in loads more lifetimes of suffering. Tons of stories out there like Nisargadatta and Papaji laughing at the Siddhi Yogis that visited them.

Let what comes come, then it goes. Keep your earnestness with the priority of Self recognizing Self.

Money is neutral like an elemental, it is just energy. I used to make a point of pushing it away - and then it would come barreling at me = just energy. I don't have hardly any now and i don't give a hoot. The universe takes care, like the song goes "You don't always get what you want, but you always get what you need". Things always are working for the best, sometimes we need certain experiences that at the time 'seem' bad. Paradhba Karma.

Here is an amazing woman Inelia Benz who claims that this is her first incarnation, that she came directly from source to help raise the vibrations of this planet. Quite fascinating stories she tells in videos with Bill Ryan. Here is a link to her article about money;

http://ascension101.com/en/ascensio...o-tools.html

Dear BenQuiet,
Thanks for sharing that. I agree with you and that's why I have decided to completely give up on the "manifesting" thing (other than continuing to offer up things in samyama when they come up).

Re: the Benz article about money, I have to admit the exercise she proposes kind of creeps me out. I don't know if I will try it. For one thing, she says Money is an elemental and to "invite Money into your energy field." As I recall from working with elementals many years ago when I was into White Magick/Golden Dawn, I did not "invite" them into my personal space. We interacted with appropriate boundaries. Her method sounds a little TOO chummy for me. Plus it would seem to involve attachment or focus that might not be advisable. I don't know. Have you tried this? Has anybody else here tried this and what do you think? thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000