Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How did you discover AYP?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 13 2006 :  10:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started a topic "What opened your First Door" about a month back.. and I have enjoyed the variety of responses posted there. No two experiences seemed the same and each one was so beautiful in its own way. Thanks all for sharing your experiences..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=999

So I have one more question..
During the process of Self Discovery.. how did you discover AYP?

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - May 13 2006 :  11:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti.

A year ago I had finally reached the time to begin earnest spiritual work. Many years ago I had been a student of SRF teachings for a short time but had not taken Kriya initiation. So Kriya was what I started googling. Research led me to the information that to practice Kriya effectively one should perform kechari. Finding that I could do kechari I began to google that to see how I could learn more about this exciting thing I had discovered. That's how I found AYP
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  04:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP discovered me... I received an unsolicited invitation via email, and checked the link. yogani's writings resonated with me tremendously, and after trying the practices, was very pleased. i suspect the email got to me from an online Kundalini yoga group i had joined.... needless to say, i dropped that group in favor of AYP...
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  06:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My hunger and desire for truth and self realisation brought me to AYP.
A search with google on the topics "kundalini" and "tantra" turned out many
different links. AYP was one of those links and I started to read the online lessons.

Your topic "What opened your First Door" also tempted me to write my story.
But the story would be too long and maybe too intimate to tell.
All the best to You !
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  10:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was in search for a method of meditation that would work for me better than the ones I had tried in the past. So I looked around on the internet. I found AYP by searching for deep meditation, yoga and kundalini. When I look now in Google, AYP comes up on the first page, so it looks like anyone who has internet and is looking for new information on these subjects should find AYP easily.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, AYP found me also. I responded to an invitation to join. I read the lessons and the messages therein resonated deeply within. 'The guru is in you' seemed completely correct--the master is within.

I was not only struck with the content of Yogani's sharing teachings, but by the fact that if you read most of his lessons, you will notice that he almost never refers to himself. "He" is not there--Yogani shares what he does without ego, not from the 'self' and from this it seemed to me that he is an evolved soul, worth listening to.

I am grateful to whoever it was that asked my to review the AYP lessons. Indeed. And I am grateful to this forum and all those who created it and keep it going.

In light, life and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  2:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had one of those invitations as well. I rejected it the first time, there is so much rubbish on the net.
The second time I thought I will have a look and I was amazed at the down to earth way it was presented. I was in quite a bit of trouble with my spiritual work at the time I was practicing emptiness of mind exercises and having quite nasty and sometimes painful convulsions that no one seemed to be able to explain, the AYP techniques cured them almost instantly, that sold me it was almost two years ago now and I haven't looked back since.

I am eternally grateful to Yogani.

All hail AYP

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  3:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

I was having some trouble with Kechari and wanted more specific instructions, so I have been googling "kechari" for a while... until I had came upon AYP one day.

I was shocked and delighted when I started reading the posts and lessons and was so happy to read "The Guru is in You".

That resonated with me deeply. I also really appreciated where Yogani was coming from and how it wasn't about him. There is a special feeling I have for someone like that... on a soul level.

Anyway I am so delighted to be part of the forum here and grateful for what I am learning and the guidance I am receiving.

It means everything to me.

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  7:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Was eating Alphabits cereal and the URL miraculously formed.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  11:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had an intense inner energy experience one day while meditating which I didn't know was possible and made me concerned about what was happening.

Went looking on the world's most trusted & reliable source for information (google of course!). Found two people I could email for help, I wrote to both of them, the first was someone I can't remember and then there was some chap with a strange name Yogani somebody or rather...

Both gave me answers but this Yogani fellow told me to check out his website for info. and suggested that "it would be good to get a bit more organized in your practices so as to make the most of what is happening", to do some pranayama and to "self-pace". "Practices, organized"? What the hell is this guy talking about, the only practice I do is in sports. Any way I slowly got the picture, really loved reading his wisdom and read every morsel of information I could find and probably twice...

Thank you Yogani and for nothing less than this life-line for my soul!

A

Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  12:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not a sensational or inspiring story of how I discover AYP, so I'd not tell. But I stick to AYP rather than other systems because 1: it makes sense; 2: the lessons are inspiring.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  12:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin

quote:
I stick to AYP rather than other systems because 1: it makes sense; 2: the lessons are inspiring.

Well, that's certainly reason good enough!

Glad to hear from you again, Alvin; haven't seen you for a while

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  1:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

It's nice to be here again. I don't know why, it takes some courage to be here again! The focus of my life shifted to something else. And for quite a while I found it rather hard to read anything related to yoga, and I seemed to get back into the old pattern too.

Several weeks ago, when my roommate kicked me, I lost my mind for a few seconds and got mad. I returned him with a few kicks like an animal. It feels like a explosive beast inside me that I'm not usually aware of. I watched and stopped that beast before it was too late, and I apologized. I could still feel a whole range of negative emotions, although I have better control now. (already!!)

Before I develop enough intuition, it seems that I still have to rely on my rational mind. I know that's why I rely so much on rational thinking: ever since I was young, I ran into trouble everytime I follow the call deep inside me!

I always stick to my practices, though. Externally everything is fine for me now, although I notice that I am still constantly troubling myself. Anyway, I think what's important is to keep practising, and just not be too destructive in my behaviour as I was in the past.

Alvin
Go to Top of Page

shantaya

9 Posts

Posted - May 15 2006 :  3:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit shantaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was a hatha and meditation newbie who had recently had some significant kundalini experiences and therefore was rapidly making the switch from yoga as exercise to yoga as spiritual practice. (who knew!?!('')) Out of the blue came an invitation to join AYP. From where, I don't know, but thank you!

Edited by - shantaya on May 15 2006 3:36:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  04:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At first I was dust, and then I was surfing the internet to find details about Daoist practices when a topic here cought my attention. After reading a bit more of the forum and the AYP practices, I forgot about Daoism and have been doing AYP ever since.. Looking forward to being dust again.

Chiron, lurking in the shadows.

Edited by - Chiron on May 16 2006 06:06:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  4:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. My sincere thanks yogani for your offerings. May I experience more and more the beauty of giving from the Source as I'm sure you have found. alan

Edited by - alan on May 16 2006 4:25:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  04:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Was eating Alphabits cereal and the URL miraculously formed.

Hi Jim,
please explain more detailed.
You were munching your Letter cereal and the 3 letters "AYP" formed ?
Where ? In your spoon ? What do you mean with "formed" ?

Have fun and take care
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  06:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was in a public yahoo group and was invited. When i first saw the invitation mail, i saw the term "yoga" and thought it to be some asanas etc... (i love words like meditation and self-realization more though i know yoga is a much broader word) and I dint open the link. I generally dont re-read these kind of mails but somehow i clicked again. After reading few lessons i knew what i would have lost had i not clicked that link. a few lifetimes. thanks to yogani for his life-changing writings.
Go to Top of Page

Kunsang

7 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  3:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kunsang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone guided me here from www.integralnaked.org as we were discussing issues of tantra in relation to my own sexuality. I'm very glad to have found this place :)
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  3:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Kunsang to the AYP forum! Great to have you here.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  6:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sean, webmaster of taobums.com, brought it up.

I was so impressed by the intensity of the discovery, organization, articulation, and sharing of these many practices that I knew that iam is the best mantra in the business.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000