Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 One Year Anniversary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anduril

Belgium
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  11:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Great AYP Community,

I'm a happy 36 old guy leaving in Belgium with a lovely wife & 2 charming daughters.

I thought that I would share the outcome of practicing AYP twice daily for a bit more than 1 year now. My practice did not evolve much over the last months. I started straight by twice daily 10 min SB followed by 20 min of DM. Then over time, I added some mudras & bandhas, which I had to back off for some of them due to too much disturbance (ravaged by waves of pleasure) or overload (headache, irritability, etc). Right now, I'm pretty stable with mulabandha, sambhavi & kechari (phase 1) and YMK. I'm doing also samyama with the 9 sutras + a bit of self-enquiry but not consistently. I never did any spiritual practice before that and was more the kind of guy who would have laughed at others doing so :)

The outcome… What a year!

* I'm much less judgmental compared to before. I don't feel the need to comment in my head about others behavior. I watch in silence. Put it otherwise, I'm more centered.
* I opened up a lot to a point my family, friends and colleagues noticed.
* I decided to rely mainly on my intuition to direct my life and this directed me towards Reiki and a more spiritual path.
* I discovered my energy body and the direct connection between sambhavi and mulabandha. I experienced whole body pleasure.
* I started practicing Tai-chi & Kundalini Yoga
* I had out of body experiences and astral projections whatever you call it :)
* I had very terrific experiences when lucid I couldn't wake up and going through hell literally. I was tortured & died many times. I still have difficulties to let go when that occurs. I tend to identify with the one suffering…
* I discovered my emotional body mainly through living intense experience & emotions in dreams (always lucid but not related to my real life)
* Now I can cry easily, sometimes for no reason, during DM or when I wake up in the morning, I'm crying.
* I noticed I can include myself when sending love to the Universe - I realized on Nov 11th 2011 at 11:11 while meditating :) and I was crying while realizing :)
* I merged with a tree during second degree Reiki initiation - I had a couple of premonitory dreams about a tree in front of which I was crying, asking my dream what it meant to me, then I saw it back in another lucid dream and went inside, it was kind of a school/library where I drank a potion that caused lots of energetic feeling after which lots of people applauded. Then during a guided meditation, I wasn't a man walking but an eagle flying high in the sky, then after going through a river, I was literally attracted by and merged with a big tree which I recognized to be the one from my previous dreams. Tears dropping on my face, rushed by strong energetic feeling, new connection inside my body, couldn't feel my legs anymore but thousands of roots instead. Afterwards I couldn't explain others what just happened, it's like if I eventually put my foot on ground after 35 years in the sky :)
* I opened up to creativity. I have now a urge to create whether it's poetry, drawing or photography & digital art.
* I am less egoist and more helpful. Trying to help out people who had unwanted kundalini awakening.
* Now I realize why I do what I do and most of the time, it is to get some form of recognition.
* I have no expectation in my job now and getting more rewards since then. Same goes for my relations. I'm not expecting anything from anyone, just enjoying life whatever the outer conditions.
* I discovered what synchronicity means and had lots of them
* Last but not least, I could die tomorrow without regretting anything

And it's only the beginning!

I can only encourage others to build a good practice. It can only be beneficial for the long run even though the outcome will probably be different since everyone of us has a different background & history.

Love & Light,

Anduril

PS: Over the last year I spent quite some time reading you guys and to say the least I really liked it! Thanks for your great support!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  12:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Anniversary Anduril!!!

Cant say welcome to the AYP forums, since you say :
quote:
PS: Over the last year I spent quite some time reading you guys and to say the least I really liked it!

...But welcome to posting at the AYP forums.

Thank you for sharing with us and wish you all the best!!!!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  1:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...thx for sharing
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andruil,

Warm welcome and its really nice to read your experiences.

Like you even I was lurking the forum for may be 2yrs before posting anything.

Gratitute to yogani for providing this freely to anyone who has internet connection and a heart which yearns to practice this.

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  10:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andruil,
glad for you to join in and share your incredible openings.
I'm also at a little less than 1 year into AYP so we just about share the one-year anniversary, though I've been into practices and their research a while before that, mainly Taiji, but also a tiny bit of bhajan's kundalini yoga among other things, and an ongoing interest in dreaming and lucid dreaming (trance work to use less self-limiting or loaded terms).
All the best on your continued path!
Go to Top of Page

Anduril

Belgium
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  07:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks All for your warm welcome!

@Viji, My gratitude to Yogani is well beyond words. Like him I think we can trust individuals to practice on their own and self-pace accordingly, even though listening to our Self is not straightforward when your bhakti is strong. Only our inner guru knows what's good for us.

@AumNaturel, I'm lucid dreaming as long as I can remember but it's only recently that I leveraged this tool for self inspection, living through fears and interact more consciously with my subconscious. Now I'm learning slowly to let go, not to attach too much to my identity or to those ravaging emotions which spring from God knows where. Still a long way to go not to be in control and just surrender to whatever comes whether in real life or in dreams.

Love & Light,

Anduril
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  09:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anduril

Thank you for sharing. When I came to AYP, I was under energetic overload and other physical symptoms associated with kundalini. Only after coming to AYP .. did I realize that it was something that could be by-passed while we stick to our ideal and bhakti on the royal path to our heavenly mansions inside . This helped me in many different ways.. esp self pacing and building a solid practice routine.

As you said, words are not enough to express the gratitude which wells up in my heart.

All the best in your path!

Peace!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000