Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 thorough investigation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  09:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
how do we identify Truth?
it is self evident, the way to do it is to eliminate all that is not self evident…everything that you believe is disregarded and you stick to what that is self evident, which is beyond the shadow of doubt….there are not many things beyond the shadow of the doubt…the existence of an outside word is not obvious…I am not saying there is not such a world, but I am saying we can not assert its existence. Why? When we are in a dream we think it is real but when we wake we know it was not real, all made up…the jungle, the tiger, me running for my life were simply projections of our mind …..so same in the waking state…remember I am not saying there is no external world…I am saying that if we want to be absolutely thorough is our investigation we can not assert beyond the shadow of doubt that there is such an external world. That is important. Why? Because everything related to that outside world becomes as doubtful as the external world itself…by understanding what I have just said you eliminate immediately a full load of believes , all the believes related to the world go down the drain with the world….you feel light…you made a big step toward the Truth by eliminating all the belief systems related to the world….basically anything that is not present during the dream state AND waking state can not be the Truth for the reason I just shown to you…it is a very powerful logical tool you are using…if there is something as Truth it must be present in both states.(Francis Lucille)

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  11:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice post. Happy valentines day maheswari :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  11:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Near...same to you....everyday is valentine / divine love outpouring
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  12:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

thank you Near...same to you....everyday is valentine / divine love outpouring

Well, I'd be happy if you just sent me some chocolates
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  12:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mmmmmm is it sexist to think men give chocolates to women?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  12:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

how do we identify the Truth about that Francis?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  1:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Depends on which half of the manifestation you are asking... we have both the Shiva and Shakti in us dont we?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  1:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Yes it is, to show you have the proper mixing of Shakti and Shiva send me some Choclates. it's the least you could do. not bothered about flowers as I can't eat them.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  11:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was searching love quote that would make a good valentine's day sms, and found this which reminded me my sangha -

"Some say that true love is a mirage; seek it anyway, for all else is surely desert. ~Robert Brault

Happy Valentines Day to all, and is anybody giving chocolates?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000