Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 "M"- Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,
I had a great meeting with Shri "M" on Feb. 1, when he showed how the Kriya Pranayam or SBP should be done as taught to him by his Guru, Shri Maheshwarnath. Besides also demonstrating to me how Navi Kriya is to be done , which, he said would help break the "Vishnu Granthi", he also showed me how to do Vishuddhi Kriya to break the "Rudra Granthi". He is a fantastic guy- very unassuming, almost seeming casual. I imagine Yogani must be something like this to look at and interact with personally.
He goes around giving talks on Kriya Yoga, and I have the gist of one of his talks; only , I don't know how to post this email I got, on the forum, as I would very much like to share this with all AYPers. In this letter, he says (that his Guru told him), that in a previous lifetime he was Madhukarnath, a direct disciple of Mahavatar Babaji !

Krish

vjoshi

India
9 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2014 :  03:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any body having link for downloading Sri M book Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master: A Yogi’s Autobiography??/
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2014 :  05:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I purchased the kindle edition in amazon for a low price
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2014 :  1:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am reading it currently, and it is indeed a fascinating read with many mystical experiences of the author - although not sure how to interpret accounts of meetings with Nagaraj and Sri Guru Babaji, etc .. maybe as the author says reality is stranger than fiction?!

The kindle edition is available on Amazon at USD5.99. A number of video interviews with Sri M are available on youtube as well.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2014 :  12:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful book, i read it too!
There are a lot of mystical parts, there is even some "Alien" technology involved ... not spoiling any more!
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2014 :  12:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I downloaded the book from Amazon, and I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for mentioning it!
Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  4:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I downloaded it from Kindle after reading this thread. It is going to take a while to read it (it's my first book on kindle).

Who is master 'M' ? The book starts with saying that one purpose of the book is so that people can interact with him personally (as against Paramhans Yogananda's book being well known but people can't talk to him because he is dead).
Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  10:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Almost finished it finally.

There are too many coincidences, too many appearances (by gurus), belief in dream, etc.
Some question marks (like why does he need to learn kechari (or may be talabya) i from some other guru, or why does some other guru corrects his pranayama, after having learnt from his babaji, a direct disciple of the babaji)

I was also wondering if it's possible for even a prep schooled (at high school and also undergrad) student, not doing good in studies , to have so many friends who reached really high socio-politico levels... Then, I remembered couple of guys around my batch in schol.

It's like a fairy thing... Yogananda's autobio was a bit less fairy.

Edited by - NoDogma on Jan 15 2015 9:24:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  7:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was also slightly disillusioned after my first fascination with Sri. M. I felt he is not getting to the point especially with respect to specific practices, sometimes beating around the bush in his interviews. Also he seems to claim heritage in an ancient tradition (Nath lineage) of which he seems to be a little proud.

Anyway, I am nobody to criticize ... the book was interesting, and it seems he is a sincere and genuine person. What he wrote is what he probably experienced ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000