Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Messages from the future self?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  08:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a pretty interesting and weird experience recently. I was watching a documentary about time and physics. In the documentary one physicists was saying that time could very well be malleable and that at least theoretically it should be possible to send information from the past to the future or from the future to the past.

As I was watching this I casually thought to myself, "I wonder what my meditations will be like in the future?" At that moment I suddenly felt a tremendous flood of Bliss and a presence. The Bliss was so strong that I began chuckling uncontrollably. Then I thought to myself, "Thank you". And from this presence I heard, "Thank you, not me."

Really made me think about Yogani's wise advice, "The guru is in you."

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  09:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is the human perception of time. Future and past are imaginary. Therefore any projection of a future self is an illusion. This does not preclude events taking place, but without memory there is no past, without imagination there is no future. Instead we exist in a bubble of nowness, which is timeless and infinite, we put our own spin on it to rationalise it.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  09:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Time is only in the mind... when we go beyond the mind, time does not exist. I know its a hard concept to get with the mind.

Openings come like that, when the "mind" least expects it... then the mind grabs it and goes... I want more. That's the end of innocence.

Lovely experience. Thanks for sharing it.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  09:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the Nowness was laughing at me
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  8:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Time is only in the mind... when we go beyond the mind, time does not exist. I know its a hard concept to get with the mind. . . .

Thanks Shanti,
I recently received some old pictures of when I was little. It is strange because I know they are pictures of me, but it doesn't seem like me at all. And it doesn't seem as long ago as I know it was. If I try to remember what it was like being that person in the picture, it is very difficult. Like trying to use a part of my brain that I never use.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  2:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
Future and past are imaginary.

Would you mind telling this to a few debtors who claim I owe them money? They seem to be confused and don't realize that I never did use that credit card, I never did miss that IRS tax bill, and I never did avoid setting up a payment plan for my 5-day stay in the emergency room after falling off a balcony. If only they would wake up from their dream and understand they are imagining these PAST debts in their mind!

And what's worse, I think they expect me to pay them sometime soon in the imaginary FUTURE. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  3:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL it's not what they remember, it's what you remember. Hey, but it would be fun to walk that road with your creditors.

I read that you should approach every purchase with a child's view of the price. Walk in, look at the product, ask its price and then offer a sum of money a few percent of the asking price. Then push the money into the hands of the seller and begin walking out with the goods. The price is only an opinion, it's what someone thinks it's worth, it's not a real thing at all, but, like debt, it assumes a solid reality which is somewhat difficult to shift.

Edited by - karl on Feb 02 2012 3:18:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  4:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Walk in, look at the product, ask its price and then offer a sum of money a few percent of the asking price. Then push the money into the hands of the seller and begin walking out with the goods.

LOL! This one evokes some gut-busting laughter. I now have a wonderful visual image of Karl joyfully whistling and walking out of a store having swindled the dealer.

I'm starting a band and we're calling it "Buddha Bandits"...I think you would fit right in, Karl. Do you play any instruments?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  5:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:
Walk in, look at the product, ask its price and then offer a sum of money a few percent of the asking price. Then push the money into the hands of the seller and begin walking out with the goods.

LOL! This one evokes some gut-busting laughter. I now have a wonderful visual image of Karl joyfully whistling and walking out of a store having swindled the dealer.

I'm starting a band and we're calling it "Buddha Bandits"...I think you would fit right in, Karl. Do you play any instruments?

Allegedly drums and guitar. I'm learning some songs for a rehearsal at the end of the month and it's slow going. I don't think my synaptic links, or muscle memory are best suited to musical instruments, but I try.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  5:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. . Keep trying. Once the rhythm works itself into your muscle memory, it starts to get fun. Also, I'd be willing to bet that playing music open some nadis, for sure. And for me, singing has opened the heart, undoubtedly. I can feel the electricity flowing through.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  7:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

LOL it's not what they remember, it's what you remember. Hey, but it would be fun to walk that road with your creditors.

I read that you should approach every purchase with a child's view of the price. Walk in, look at the product, ask its price and then offer a sum of money a few percent of the asking price. Then push the money into the hands of the seller and begin walking out with the goods. The price is only an opinion, it's what someone thinks it's worth, it's not a real thing at all, but, like debt, it assumes a solid reality which is somewhat difficult to shift.

makes me think of a story about my sister. About a year ago she had a near death experience and afterwards she was very peaceful and in a trance so to speak, not very attached to this world and for a while just liked sitting on her porch.
anyways, one day her and my cousin went to the store, she walked in, grabbed a slim jim and some nacho cheese sauce and started eating it in the store and walked out past the guys in suits standing in line, went to the car and continued eating it. my cousin explained to the cashier what was going on, and paid for it of course.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  02:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Steven - Totally Cool !

Edited by - SeySorciere on Feb 03 2012 02:29:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000