Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Lucid dream within a dream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  02:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wasn't sure where to post this; just something cool that happened. Last night after a lovely tantra session I fell into a deep sleep and found myself in a lucid dream. I've been having them fairly frequently for many, many years. Initially I used to use them to do cool stuff like flying or whatever, but as time went on and my bhakti deepened, I've had just one goal: Hang out with the Lord in one of His dear manifestations. In the past this has been only marginally successful, in that while the dreams are "lucid" (I know that I'm dreaming) I don't have full control over all the details of what is happening. So for example, I'm supposed to meet Him at a certain place but people try to distract me or stuff happens and it's difficult to get there. Generally I've managed to get a hold of Him just before waking up. But, I've been happy just to have the conscious desire in the dream. Well last night I found myself in the dream, and I was like, "Cool! here I am. ok!" and was delighted to find Him quickly and spent lots of quality time, uninterrupted. Then I "awoke" from the lucid dream, but into another dream, where I was with my partner and I told him about the dream I had just had. He said, "that's awesome," and then I awoke in my bed - in this "reality" - to find, of course, the Presence of the Lord that has become my entire existence these days. So it's a dream come true, literally. Later I told my partner about it and he said, "so we could be in the dream now, huh? trippy."

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  08:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool.

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  09:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Must be great to have lucid dreams happen more naturally like that. Congrats on your success.
I have heard of dreams within dreams, and even experienced lucid nightmares where you would have endless false awakenings to the point of losing hope in ever getting in touch with the waking self, and believing to remain in such a split condition for life where your consciousness is mostly coherent within the dream end of things, leaving your waking self to appear disoriented and out of touch with the real you. Lucid dreams can provide incredible experiences among insights into oneself and everyday life.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  02:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aum, thanks but I can't claim "success" since I didn't DO anything. Just happens by grace.
Yes, they can provide insight into everyday life. e.g., confirming the presence of God...

In the past I've had a few of those lucid nightmares where you try to wake up and/or get back into your body and you can't; or like, find yourself walking around the room and try to turn on the light, it doesn't work, and then realize you're dreaming and not in your body. Freaky! have not had those for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  04:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to have the same thing all the time...it started as a teen. It used to scare the hell out of me, I would get afraid I couldn't wake up because I would keep dreaming I was waking up but was still dreaming and it was so REAL! I would finally start praying and thinking I was dying and wake up feeling very sick until I learnt to relax during them and realise I could command the dream and do what I wanted with it.

Very interesting experiences!!!! I love them..dont have them so much anymore, although I have found if I meditate on the intention of having them, they occur!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  02:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kahlia, yes, whenever I would have those scary ones (where you can't wake up), or any kind of lucid nightmares, I would keep chanting the Names of God. Sometimes I couldn't speak, either, so I would just think the Names.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000