AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What is the significance of godly postures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the info...I am part of an Shiv Durga Ashram. When Satsung starts on a Saturday it is just a matter of time for the Shakti to activate which is expected as you guys have explained

Some kinda of divine intervention makes me get up(yeah I am conscious throughout) and pose just like the deities in the pictures (hindu deities) while I slowly walk and deal(some thing just guides me) with devotees in the ashram...which is currently overflowing with people and their children.Most of them have some kind of ailment.
After going through some of the lessons I was wondering when will I become normal again(really stupid thing to ask after reading all those lessons)....well how long do i have to serve these people. I look at it as a job every saturday.....I feel so much love for them all ....and many times I have to bow to them all(the spiritual ones )to the temples, any religious institutions, old trees, animals especially cows and gosh Hindu flags in persons home....I feel so weird when travelling in the taxi and this occurs.....what can I do to minimize this .....yes I know it is something good but you know I am so new to all this yoga stuff(bear in mind I don't know how to practice any of things you guys talk about)
Anyhow during my daily prayers(3minutes) I keep pointing to Lord Krishna and was also wondering what's up with this guy....you know what's his messageI since I am kinda hard headed

So if you guys can assist with this I'll be grateful

Namaste

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  12:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Nsantoo.

After going through some of the lessons I was wondering when will I become normal again.

LOL! Which is normal, to see every form as part of the body of the Supreme Lord, or not to?

Regarding your current tendencies towards instinctive displays of devotion, I would say, just roll with it! OK, maybe not in a corporate boardroom if you are there, but otherwise, cut loose, within the obvious bounds of not doing anything stupid. Greet these people with a bow and folded hands by all means!

Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  2:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nsantoo,

Your condition sounds like fun to me!!

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  7:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yoda

Nsantoo,

Your condition sounds like fun to me!!

-Yoda

Actually it is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced in my life and besides I don't particularly have a choice a veryyyyy strong force controls me you can hear all the astral sounds and smells which are so amazing. It lets us know there is a universal mother out there looking at us, watching your every move and encouraging you to love one another and of course serve her and make use of your time by helping your brothers and sisters in need. You are also encouraged to make use of your time here and continue praising her by offerings doing good deeds and being good(this one is the hardest)
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  10:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nsantoo:

Welcome to AYP. I hope you stay around and keep sharing you experiences with us.I'm sure there's lots here for you to enjoy.

Guy
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  05:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Nsantoo

It sounds like you have very high energy and are having a really great time to me. Go with it Try the AYP meditation and spinal breathing. Should have interesting results for you

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  06:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NSantoo's experience reminds me of a few things I saw in India, especially in villages. In my grandfather's village there is a temple in the outskirts where every sunday or every alternate sunday (as they say) a woman used to get goddess durga into her. She used to sit in temple and give blessings to ppl and when they say their problems she used to give some powders etc.. as a cure.

I never believed those and always thought the woman was acting. But after seeing Nsantoos experience over here I feel may be there are some genuine ones too. Afterall these fake ppl must have got someone to imitate that was original.

Nsantoo,

When such a thing happens, have you ever tried to control yourself and behave normally? I ask this because you say you are conscious throughout the process. As they say free will reigns supreme, may be it is in your hands to control it, unless you too enjoy the experience.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  1:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Nsantoo,

When such a thing happens, have you ever tried to control yourself and behave normally? I ask this because you say you are conscious throughout the process. As they say free will reigns supreme, may be it is in your hands to control it, unless you too enjoy the experience.

-Near

Oh thank you so much for sharing that info

No the last thing you do is try to control anything cause u cannot.
Not everything we can tell you guys...but the last thing is acting...because mother durga came down on a lady ...lots of stuff happened...the woman was unconcious but another person seem to take over.....her voice was beautiful.....yeah I was questioning it after she dealt with some young boys like assisting them with their problems and stuff she came to me and place a tikka and automatically my head bowed and I felt love in my chest I knew something was going on....yes it is true. First time myself I am witnessing these things. But once a few grains of sand or something came out of my right hand ....with some strong current too...so again thank you for sharing your experiences everything beginning to make sense now without having to practice anything.

Another thing is that I don't go into outbursts as the others I am quiet, the astral wind is strong around me Ma Kali is always with me , never anything unpleasant.....just healing I guess and love for devotees....at least that is what you are expected to do. I enjoy being conscious and enjoy everyone else looking at me startled yeah it is kinda cool but I am beginning to realise I must serve for the rest of my life.........

Amazing isn't it
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  1:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Near,
Your post reminds me of something else I had seen as a child. During our Durga puja.. they chant mantras and play the dhak and dholak (kind of Indian drums).. and couple of people dance with dhunuchi (kind of earthen pots.. filled with husk of coconut and lit up).. makes a lot of smoke. The environment is totally charged.. it is really intense.. you have to be there to know what I am talking about.. the drum pace increases.. the mantras get stronger and these men dance like in a trance.. During this, there would always be a couple of people (generally ladies).. who would be in a trance and move their heads in circles like in Chin pump, but in one direction.. constantly till they passed out... They would say "Ma Durga has entered them".. I think is was all mass hysteria along with intense bhakti that got people into this state. But then, what do I know. Like you, Near.. I did not believe in these people.. but every time I do chin pump (which I have not done in a while now).. I see that image in my head.. There had to be something that got them going right?

PS: Here is a nice article on it..
http://www.writing.com/main/view_it...em_id/750331
quote:
There is another kind of dance that is performed only during Durga puja and this is known as the Dhunuchi. I have seen this performed only in the pandals of Old North Calcutta. Perhaps the trendy South Calcuttan chickens out and is too afraid to try this one out. A dhunuchi is an earthen pot with a funnel base and an open top. Burning coal and charcoal is put inside and then powdered incense, known as dhuno, is poured over it. A sweet smelling thick white smoke spreads and engulfs your senses. Then with the Dhakis going on a frenzy with their drum beats, the Dhunuchi dancers balance the earthen pots, with the base delicately placed on their foreheads. Then they gyrate their bodies to the drum beats keeping the dhunuchis on their foreheads, burning coal and all.

Edited by - Shanti on May 02 2006 1:34:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  3:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Actually it is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced in my life and besides I don't particularly have a choice a veryyyyy strong force controls me you can hear all the astral sounds and smells which are so amazing. It lets us know there is a universal mother out there looking at us, watching your every move and encouraging you to love one another and of course serve her and make use of your time by helping your brothers and sisters in need. You are also encouraged to make use of your time here and continue praising her by offerings doing good deeds and being good(this one is the hardest)

I don't know about the 'being good' part, but everything else gets a green light from Degoba!
Go to Top of Page

satyan

34 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  02:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi nsantoo,

dont be embarassed about bowing on seeing anything godly. i know a friend who does it even without the experiences you have. he will walk on the road when he sees a temple or godly images he will immediately remove his footware and start bowing. even i have asked him does not he feel embarrassed about this, he told me he never minds because he said i have not done anything wrong.

i am basically from Tamil Nadu, India. The astral currents u feel is true and there is no question about it and there is no controlling it. Here in Tamil Nadu every village has a demi-god and during festivals for the demi-god people have had the experience like u had, both men and women, though it may not be same man and woman every time. so nothing strange about it, only it cant be explained logically otherwise. you are normal and you feel the bhakthi for Maa Kali in you and that is really great.

If you ask me u need not go through any of the yoga stuff, the bhakthi in you will automatically guide you. guide you in every aspect of life.

so be cool, experience, and enjoy!

satyan
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  10:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by satyan

hi nsantoo,

If you ask me u need not go through any of the yoga stuff, the bhakthi in you will automatically guide you. guide you in every aspect of life.

so be cool, experience, and enjoy!

satyan

Hi thanks again,

for all the information . It is true everything automatically works ,sometimes I go about my daily activities and realize I am not breathing....so everything is indeed taking a natural steps

Hinduism is indeed a beautiful religion and God is greatest miracle that occured to me

This should strengthen your faith also

Namaste

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000