AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How to begin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2006 :  9:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone.

Accept my namaskar and Pranam, as appropriate. Thanks Yogani for such a wonderful site. What is the meaning of Yogani, if any? (shouldn't it be Yogini?)

I need some help with my daily practices. Here is what I do:
Get up at 5:45. Go to restroom and be back by 6:00 AM.

I start with Bhastrika Pranayam (deep inhale and exhale) for 2 minutes. I plan to substitute it with Spinal breathing. Will that be better?

Then I start Kapalbhati for 15-20 minutes. It includes 2 minutes break in between (when I feel I should stop). It helped me control my allergies. I plan to change it with Spinal Kapalbhati. Will this be better?

Then I do Bahya Pranayam. It is three band with rechak - Muladhar, Uddiyan and Jalundhar. This I do 11 times. I saw all this is one CD by Swami Ramdev of India, I just follow it. Question: Many people say do band with rechak, many people say do it with kumbhak. What is difference in effect?

Then I do Anulom Vilom for 10 minutes followed by Bhramari and Udgeet for 5-5 minutes each. Then I rest a little and then do Neti cleansing. Then on regular life.

In the day time, I would do Kapalbhati once for 10 minutes and most of the other time, I would be in state of Antah Tratak with open eyes(a feel between eye-brows). I am not sure if effect-wise Anatah Tratak and Shambhavi Mudra belong to the same class or not. Please clarify it if you may, please.

In the evening after I am back home, I will do Neti once more. Then it will be followed by repeat of same morning exercises in shorter duration. Why I do so? I don't know - nobody told me. It is that I just feel like it.

I tried tratak on flame few times, but I found that it makes me annoyed, so I dropped it from my list.

It all started with my daily struggle with allergies in North East. I started with above 6 Pranayams, followed by Neti. Then I added Antah Tratak to it as I enjoyed it too.

This has been my routine for last 6 weeks or so. I had no prior experience with these things. I learnt Pranayam from Swami Ramdev's CD. Read tons of materials from various web-site, including Kriya Yoga and Siddha Yoga linage. It is just flowing - it is carrying me along. I came across so many wonderful sites and then this one. Initially I was sceptic but then I tried Spinal Breathing, Spinal Kapalbhati, Chin Pump and Yoni Mudra. I likes all these and need more. I just loved Chin Pump and Yoni Mudra. Is the light in Yoni Mudra real or is it my illusion?

I need your help. Which all exercies should I do for maximum benefit?

I know it is long post, but please bear with me. I am going to ask few more things. I am thisty for last 3-4 weeks. I need help. Last week, I started feeling cold wave on my forehead. I have read it everywhere that you get hot sensation on forehead if you do Antah Tratak or Shambhavi Mudra - am I missing something?

Also I get some sensation in my spine with spinal breathing. I don't know if it is hot/cold, but for sure, it is like a change running up and down - it shakes me sometimes. Is this prana? Is this what some people feel as heat and cold? How long will it take till I feel it?

Please guide me with your wisdom.

In persuit,
A

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  07:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Aditya welcome to the forum.

If you are serious about AYP your best bet is to go on to the main site go to main lessons and follow them to the letter. This will bring results at the moment you are mixing techniques and this could hold you back all is explained in the lessons

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Aditya,
"What is the meaning of Yogani, if any? (shouldn't it be Yogini?)"
Not Yogini for sure.. but lets see.. Yogani.. would be Yoga+gyani.. someone with knowledge of Yoga.. would that sound right?

Aditya, as for your routine.. I see a lot of pranayam.. and the you have added a lot of AYP stuff to it.. I don't see any meditation in your routine.. So if you ask me you are driving way too fast.. look out for the sharp turn coming round the corner.. We don't want you flying off the cliff..
You don't have to follow AYP, however if you like it and plan on sticking to it, start from here..
http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
Please believe us when we tell you.. this is very powerful stuff that you are doing. Yoni mudra and chin pump in the first few weeks is not advisable... I know, because I made the same mistake.. I added on all the practices in at once during the first few weeks itself (they all seem so simple).. and man! did that ever give me a energy overload.. I thought my head was going to explode.. So you have to read from the beginning and SELF PACE.. Start with deep meditation.. add spinal breathing.. then stick with that till you are comfortable..
-Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Richard for your kind advice. It makes sense.

Thanks Shanti for putting your insight to work and spotting my short-comings. It will definitely help me. I have started reading all the articles - let a better me come out of me.

In persuit,
A
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000