Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 yogi book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  2:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I remember reading in "Autobiography of a Yogi", the Yogi saying that: anyone willing to spend three hours a day meditating can become enlightened. Is this true for everyone? Hard to believe?

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 30 2011 2:51:13 PM

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  3:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's true because it happened to me; working full time and meditating in the afternoon.

near the end, it took a slightly more epic effort to push past nirvikalpa.

but you can do it. remain strong, even stubborn in your search for god. your intensity of effort multiplies your meditative rewards.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  4:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Moly, Future! It really happened to you? Amazing. May I ask how long it took and were you advanced before that? Were you an 'Old Soul' so to speak? Man, thanks for the insight. Could you please tell me what nirvikalpa is?
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

Holy Moly, Future! It really happened to you? Amazing. May I ask how long it took and were you advanced before that? Were you an 'Old Soul' so to speak? Man, thanks for the insight. Could you please tell me what nirvikalpa is?

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. i've been on internet hiatus.

in short, i am an old soul, well practiced and prepared for life. but i struggled as much with spirituality in this life as anyone else. it was not until i rejected much of what i had been taught AND made a sincere effort to become self aware (in the most simple and obvious ways possible) that i entertained any real results. in other words, the methods and the madness are the same for new souls as well as old, only well prepared souls are mature enough to react to adversity appropriately, if that makes any sense at all.

i explain most of my journey on my youtube channel, if you're interested; as well as my current stage of development and some of my current projects.

nirvikalpa is the higher state of samadhi. basically there are three stages of samadhi; self-absorption, god-self, no-self.

in the first stage (as i describe it: others describe it differently but the truth is the same), you will become vividly self aware; i.e. aware of your limbs, your hands, feet, your physical body. it's that simple: vividly aware of your body as it turns to light.

in the second stage (as i describe it), nirvikalpa samadhi or god-self, you will become vividly aware of anything you look at or think of. in fact, you will feel as if you are the thing you see or imagine. it's a bit like a LSD trip (not that i've ever taken LSD: i've only read about it) in that you perceive the world without boundaries or borders. you feel interconnection between everything.

in the final stage, less well known, you cease to exist. time, space and matter all seem to stop. past, now and future become indistinguishable to you. this stage is poorly understood and it's study consumes much of my time.

after that, is the mega-mystery: enlightenment.

hope that helps

lemme know if there's more.

-dale
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  12:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a note: Do not do AYP style meditation for three hours a day, as it will cause "overload".
That is Yogananda style meditation (as taught at SRF) that can be done three hours a day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000