AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Full moon :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  09:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm sure I have noted the effects of the Full Moon on the forum before, but yesterday was half again as intense as any other Full(ish) Moon experience I've had.

I thought I was going crazy. Behavior that is totally unlike me... feelings that matched up with what a female friend described as happening on her menstruation period. It all ramped up in the late afternoon, and I noticed later the moon was full, ended with my crying for about three hourse, very very very uncharacteristic for me!

What the hell goes on with the Full Moon?

Why does it affect some of us so much?

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  2:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tonightsthenight,

Definitely don't have any answers, but I also have felt a sense of sadness yesterday & today. Was thinking I just needed some rest.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  2:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I did notice the full moon, and I found it beautiful. I was conscious of feeling the classic AYP ecstatic bliss as I watched the moon, Nevertheless, I had also found my mind drawn to the theme of sorrow that same day. All day I was reading and re-reading a poem by Langston Hughes, Wave of Sorrow. I re-arranged it a bit too (see my version below) and I made it into a freestyle blues song. So I was singing the song I had made up and I noticed the repetition of the "ow" sound in "sorrow," "drown," "now." In my version of the song, I extended that "o" sound in a way that reminded me of chanting "Om."

Wave of sorrow,
Do not drown me now
I see the island
up ahead somehow

Wave of sorrow,
Take me there, Oh, Oh
Take me there, Oh, Oh

Wave of sorrow
Do not drown me now
I see the island
And its sands are fair

Wave of sorrow
Take me there, Oh, Oh,
Sands are fair, Oh, Oh,
Take me there, Oh, Oh,
Sands so fair, Oh, Oh

Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  8:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Uhm full moon is on saturday (at least on my calendar). So you have strong emotional responses for several days?
Go to Top of Page

naplesward

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  08:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The full moon is traditionally seen as a symbol of the Guru. The moon gives just enough light to see are way through the dark night of ignorance.
Lead me
from the unreal to the real
from darkness to light
from death to immortality.
om shanti
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  10:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've learned that the moon carries the sh*t of the world. It's Earth's sister. She sort of carries all emotional garbage for us. So during full moon there's heavy cleansing of pain bodies going on. And it becomes more and more intense as consciousness speeds up the expansion.

I'm most often feeling like crap every full moon...
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  11:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yaming

Uhm full moon is on saturday (at least on my calendar). So you have strong emotional responses for several days?

Yeah, this cycle i suppose i felt the full moon as it was coming up.

The moon's cycle is an arc and i don't necessarily feel it more at its peak, but rather i feel the change in intensity as it begins to become full. Thursday, the moon already appeared to be full, i can only guess that it can be a multi-day thing.

Regardless of how the full moon works, it certainly does have an effect on us humans!
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  04:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The lunar cycle is an energy cycle. In the waxing phase, from New to Full Moon, energy rises up towards the crown chakra. In the waning phase, energy descends again.
Go to Top of Page

noita

Czech Republic
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit noita's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced deep cleansing energy of full moon in relationship with my partner. With every full moon some kind of drama happened. Lately we tend to use this kind of energy with intention. We are both practicing shamanism so we use drumming or create some ritual to induce more cleansing. It helps to harmonise the energy, proper grounding is necessary.
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  2:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lunar cycles do have some kind of strong influence on us, but I do not know exactly how it works. I think it has to do with the subconscious mind.

If you found yourself to be highly emotional then the subconscious mind was doing some strong clearing of energy. It is a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  03:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It drives me up the wall too !
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  02:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Even I have heard this but never experienced one. when I was a kid there was one older kid in my block who used to really make some funny noise and cry and shout of pain for no reason especially on full moon day. Till date I wonder and I even thought abut it couple of days ego what it gotta do with moon and here you all are witnessing the same.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000