Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini Syndrome, Please HELP!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  11:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is what happens when Yogani's instruction is not followed regarding pacing. Yogani, Jim and His Karma, Carson (and any others experienced), feel free to chime in, please!

I just found out that all my issues are very much possibly a result of Kundalini Syndrome. As a very sensitive meditator, I started to feel the effects of daily practices very quickly, including wake induced lucid dreaming, blue red and purple lights during meditation, etc. During a joyous period, I added 5 minutes of Spinal Breathing Pranayama to my DM(unknowingly way too early). All this within a month or so of starting practice. About 10 days after adding SPB, I started to feel very anxious and depressed. I began hearing buzzing sounds and voices in the morning during waking. Not knowing what to to do, I continued on experimenting, trying to do away with the emotional uproar, not realizing that by continuing on I was making it worse. My jaw began to tense up as well, TMJ, as mention by Jim and His Karma. I feel pressure at the third eye, tingling sensations at the spine, etc. This went on for a few months before I read about Kundalini Syndrome and realized all my symptoms were some of those experienced in Kudanlini Syndrome.

I have since stopped all practices, stopped reading spiritual books, and stopped all other random breathing and awareness practices that were introduced into my daily routines at work and home. All this was replaced with heavy vegetarian diets, walking barefoot in the grass, being with nature, sitting or standing leaned against tall trees and running a mile every other day. Still I wake with buzzing/ripping sounds and a lot of pressure and cracking in the the jaw and other effects. The emotional uproar seems a bit under control but it still shows it's face now and then seemingly unprovoked, mainly in the morning. The difference now confirms my suspicion about this syndrome.

Will these symptoms disappear with grounding/exercise or will I have to do something else to "heal"? I am consider finding a healer but I don't know what type of healer can help (shamanic, pranic, etc).

It has been 3 weeks since the last meditation and about 1.5 weeks since starting grounding practices.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. The emotions were severe and I don't want to experience them again. The whole time I thought I had a mental ailment that required medicine to control, but my intuition and a dream I had about talking to CarsonZi kept telling me it was something to do with my practice. Intuition and Carson were dead-on correct!! Please help!!

Thank You all..........Adam

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:53:31 PM

Sanjeev

India
32 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  1:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not very experienced but I can say that the physical sensations you are experiencing are indeed Kundalini related. The emotional disturbances can also be similarly related, but I can't say 100% because I did not experience something like that. I did experience emotional outbursts (anger and hate) while I was practicing, but those can be 'explained away'.

Yes, these symptoms will disappear *slowly* if you stop (you already did as you say). Grounding and most importantly keeping yourself and your mind very busy in worldly affairs will stop them sooner.

I don't know if a healer can help, but I recommend someone who has gone through kundalini, if you must go to a healer. Hopefully a healing will not be needed, the things you are experiencing are not an 'illness'.

Sanjeev
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  2:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adam

I would suggest that you continue with the grounding exercises for a while longer, and continue keeping the practices to a minimum. It will likely take some time for things to settle down, so try to be patient. Once things feel like they are manageable again, you could try adding 5 minutes (or so) of DM followed by a nice 10-15 minute rest period. I would suggest doing that for at least a month or two, diligently watching for the effects, and adjusting as need be. It's probably obvious that you are not going to need a lot of practice in order to achieve plenty of purification. In some ways this is a blessing... in others ways it can be frustrating. Just try to be compassionate with yourself, and take things nice and slow.

Best of luck to you.

Love!

P.S. You might consider trying to find a good acupuncturist... I have one who has done wonders for wayward kundalini symptoms. Might be worth a try.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  2:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone posted a link the other day to a yahoo group dealing with kundalini symptoms, it might be helpful for you:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/grou...portNetwork/

Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  2:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you sanjeev for your message. I know of many people on this forum that experienced the same emotions but none have left a follow up on there threads on how they got through it. Im hoping they see this and reply. I tried to contact them but I dont have enough postings to contact anyone.
Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  2:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, wigswest, great to hear from you both. I will sign up for the chats on the link. Thanks for the advice!
Go to Top of Page

adesh

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  5:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Searching,

I am not an expert or master, only someone else who is in a similar situation so I can only relay to you the things I've benefited from. Again, I don't know what the "right" thing to do is but I can tell you what helped me.

I would stop all breath related practices and continue doing anything that helps you feel grounded. Spending time around people, engaging in everyday conversations, and a good amount of physical exercise has helped me quite a bit. Also, anything that engages the logical side of my brain has helped, however, sometimes this can create a lot of pressure in your head, in which case I'd avoid it.

Not letting my body get cold helps, as well as massages(no energy work), particularly foot massages. Employing sesame oil in these massages has also helped a great deal. When my body is warm, not dry, and relaxed, I feel best and the least anxious.

During certain times, vegetarian food was just not enough to balance the energy. Usually, some eggs would help a great deal, if not, I went to fish, then chicken and then buffalo meat(as I do not eat beef). I'm not trying to get you to eat meat, I'm just telling you what helped me and you're free to take as little or as much as you like. After my energy started moving, the last thing in the world I wanted to do was to eat meat as I identified so strongly with things in fear, however, I must admit it helped during some pretty stressful times(I didn't sleep for an entire week once).

Also, clonazapam was prescribed to me and it did help sometimes. If you do get a prescription, please try only a very little bit of it to see how you react. It's not a cure, and I don't think it's wise to take it regularly at ALL, but it did help.

As far as a healer goes, I'd be really careful about who you allow to work on you. I've had some pretty adverse reactions to acupuncture and reiki, and now I avoid pretty much any energy work. If you can find a realized teacher, someone you sincerely believe has your well being in their heart, this would probably be the greatest blessing for someone in this situation. Trust your intuition about people, the right people will always have a different effect on you than the wrong people.

Also, finding something to hold onto has helped when it gets very bad. A pet or anything you love. If you have devotion for God in some form, it has been very helpful for me just to beg their assistance without reciting any bijas or anything. Really can't stress the importance of holding onto something.

Forgiving myself and learning to relax helped a lot. Especially when the energy starts to rise, whenever I totally surrendered to it, it stopped rising. The more freaked out I got and the more anxious I became, the more intense the energy became.

Again, this is advice stemming from my personal and limited experience. I constantly see people telling other people what to do, telling other people they're wrong or speaking from a place of authority and all I can say is: listen to yourself. See how you feel about different advice you get or people you come in contact with. Best to you.
Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  7:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adesh, Thanks for the info. Whats ironic is during this whole time I felt drawn to my family, pets and nature more so than ever before. Even before I realized what was happening. It was just like a natural pull. Anyone else out there go through this?

Ive also signed up at the website that wigswest suggested. I appreciate everyones help!

Edited by - Searching on Dec 05 2011 01:37:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  01:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember Jim saying something in an older thread about Chinese herbalists giving an herbal tea that helped free up blocked energy. Anyone have any info about this?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  09:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adam

Here is the thread where Jim and His Karma talks about Chinese herbs.... http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3296 It's in the first posting and in section #2.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  03:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a "surge" of kundalini syndrome about half a year ago. There was a lot of pain involved and I decided to stop my exercises. It took about 3 weeks until all symptoms disappeared. With pains, I mean especially headaches, but also in the back, a lot thirst and heat. The experience was more pain then gain :)

I took a 3 month cool-down stop to think about what had happened, and I came to the conclusion that I always had neglected the lower chakras (manipura and swadhistana) and that my body was weak. I'm of robust complexion but I have a lost of un(der)developed muscles. All the pains occurred in the upper part of the body, so I interpreted this as a sign that I should focus more on the lower part. I have restarted an exercise program (1h morning and 0.5-1h in the evening) that focusses mainly on the abdominal region (uddiyana bandha, moola bandha, ...), meditation on compassion and tummo. Furthermore, I begin every session with physical exercises (press-ups, ...).
I now have no more pains. On the contrary, the "experience" is well equilibrated and progresses in small shocks (that is to say that suddenly internal heat is felt in places that before where out of reach). Also, as you describe, being pulled to family and friends is something that happened to me almost automatically. Also the urge for sex, though without coitus or ejaculation, just this intimate relation and feeling where people unite.

Pacing and patience... It really is true what they say :)
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  11:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had K. symptoms myself in the past (1 year ago) but those were related to false practice (i.e. pranayama alone) that I used to do outside of AYP since I did not belong to AYP at that time. Then according to AYP I stopped the earlier practices and I started DM. It took a few months and the K. symptoms subsided. On the other hand, my kundalini symptoms were from totally different cause than yours since yours stemmed from too much DM, while mine from too much pranayama obviously. So, it seems that in my case DM was the solution, but in your case obviously too much DM has caused your symptoms in the first place, therefore you must seek another way to alleviate them, thus grounding as other people on this list say. Grounding seems to incorporate any kind of activity, including exercise.

Edited by - Chrisk on Dec 07 2011 12:12:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  5:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank your everyone for your advice. I will follow the advice I've been given thus far. From the link that Wigswest mentioned above, I received a reply from one of the other members. From what they say, I have an energy block of some sort. Now I just have to figure out how to unblock it Now I know why some call bhakti a disease I couldn't keep myself away from spiritual practices until now, now that I've created a monster!
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  06:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One word of advice, if anyone goes as far as to consult a doctor on such spiritual matters, whether psychologist/ psychiatrist, etc, it is important they tell the doctor that the symptoms are simply related to stress and Kundalini and nothing else. The doctor may prescribe either sleep- aid, or some anti-stress medication if at all necessary, or they might just advise for relaxation, taking it easy and some healthy exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, etc.

Edited by - Chrisk on Dec 08 2011 07:50:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  07:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is an energy blockage, but it is normal thing for human beings to have energy blockages, dont expect anyone not have energy blockages, therefore K. symptoms like yours of excess of any spiritual practice like meditation, etc are perfectly normal as long as you know how to control and pace the practice. Like Yogani says, you have to watch out because there is a delay from the time of DM (or excess of) until K. symptoms are to show, so always take this into account when pacing the practice.
Go to Top of Page

Kim

Finland
56 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread was active a month ago but I'll still add my two cents...

The chapter on the 1st House of my book, covers much of grounding. There are some points of asana (feeling Earth's gravity in the body etc..) too which can be very helpful. Downlowad it from here: http://en.sundarayoga.fi/77 If one keeps meditating during the energy crisis, I'd recommend keeping eyes open and just stay still and keep quiet. No kriyas or techniques (apart from grounding or watching the breath in lower belly) of any kind.

Several grounding tips have been mentioned. In extreme energy crises alcohol such as beer or mild wine can be used to brake it down quickly.

It is my view that when people have "kundalini" problems or crises, these aren't actually problems created by kundalini but by much grosser form of energy, prana. In my experience kundalini is way more subtle than prana which is the energy of the body, breath and mind. Kundalini (shakti) is the energy of consciousness (siva). Prana is the energy of physical and astral worlds. It could be argued that prana exists within kundalini, and I'd agree with that but still, the frequencies are completely different. A friend of mine just told me that Yogi Bhajan of 3HO said the same thing. I've experienced both energies and I base my view on this as well as having met and helped people with prabic problems created by excess pranayama and asanas, all sorts of energy healing-attunements and stuff like that.

I remember Hugging Saint Amma having said that "Problems created by breathing practices, can not be fixed with breathing practices".
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Several grounding tips have been mentioned. In extreme energy crises alcohol such as beer or mild wine can be used to brake it down quickly.

very controversial IMHO
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kundalini and prana are the same thing. I don't know about frequencies, but it sounds logical that there can be different frequencies.
Some of us think that all physical manifestations are just frequency differences.
For instance, your skin is a different frequency than the air, but made of the same energy.
Go to Top of Page

Kim

Finland
56 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  12:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:

very controversial IMHO

Just a glass of beer would be enough in an emergency, not more than that. It has proved to work.
Go to Top of Page

Kim

Finland
56 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  3:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just came across a quote from my late gurudevi, concerning prana and pranayama:

"Yes, pranayama practice has it's place and time in the growing spiritual life of a
student; but there comes a time when it too is mostly outgrown. These stages
seem to be mostly ignored by most teachers. Perhaps they are not aware of
this fact. However, just as we progress from lower grades in school, to higher,
so too do we do the same with spiritual growth."
- Sivakami Om Anandi

...and when you're come as far there is to go with prana, then it is time to start working with kundalini... And when you've done that for a while, you come to see that prana is very gross energy, it feels like *yuk*, compared to kundalini. I didn't understand this myself, when I was huffing and puffing with pranayamas until she told me to quit it and move on.

Yes, the guru is in us but if you want to know kundalini, pure spiritual energy and consciousness, you do need to receive initiations and instructions from a guru, in my honest opinion.
Go to Top of Page

kannada

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  03:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit kannada's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes, the guru is in us but if you want to know kundalini, pure spiritual energy and consciousness, you do need to receive initiations and instructions from a guru, in my honest opinion.

I agree with Kim here.

Anyone seriously interested in working with kundalini should either work closely with a guru who has also used the methods s/he teaches - with success, or get themselves initiated into shaktipat-diksha.

As it says on my site - kundalini is a fire energy, playing with kundalini is the same as playing with fire. Those who do so usually get their fingers burned and sometimes much much worse. It beggars belief why some practitioners would take such risks with their own physical and mental well-being.

If you go to a doctor complaining of kundalini problems, where I come from, you will probably get you an instant referral to his favourite psychiatrist. Healers may well quieten the symptoms but don't let them try to 'balance' chakras unless they know what they're doing.

Good luck...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  07:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, balancing chakras can be dangerous. The body knows how to do that on its own, so it is better to follow Yogani's advice, and not tamper with what's "under the hood". The lessons and books explain in more detail.
Go to Top of Page

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  12:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
I haven't been on the forums since my last post and just noticed there were some additional replies. Thanks to those who chimed in to help! I see many others on the forum now have been experiencing kundalini symptoms lately.

This experience has been going on for about a year now. I decided to contact Yogani and he was kind enough to to send a quick and rather detailed reply. Basically, what I'm experiencing is indeed "excessive / premature kundalini awakening, no question about it" according to Yogani. I felt this was the case deep inside all along but the mind wouldn't allow me to believe it. As we all know the mind has all the questions but the heart has all the answers.

Things have calmed down a bit. Mornings and after meals are the worst times. Full of sadness and anxiousness. But times during the day are calmer. Evenings before bedtime are as if nothing even happened, calm and peaceful.

I have since tried herbal remedies, acupuncture, TCM, grounding, exercise etc but with little or no results. Or maybe just delayed results since things have calmed down. I will continue to search out some other ways to gain some relief along with active surrender.

Anyway, things have calmed down a bit now and I'm at the point where i can probably go back to work. And will continue to stabilize I'm sure.

Most importantly, I would like to thank those who have helped with their advice through all this. Especially Carson, Jim and his karma, JosephUK and Yogani for the time they took to give me advice through personal emails. I would certainly be in a different state if not for everyones support. I can't express my gratitude enough.

Edited by - Searching on May 07 2012 3:44:38 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000