Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Richard Bach
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  9:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Anyone here like his stuff?

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  10:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this quote of his...
"if your happiness depends on what somebody else does...I guess you do have a problem.."
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  12:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Argue your limitations and they are yours to keep"
Also from "Illusions"
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  06:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jonathan Livingston Seagull is an absolute favourite!!! Love it! Synchronicity - I just recommended it to a friend just a few days ago!
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - I enjoy reading his stuff - Jonathan Livingston Seagull is a great read. A favourite quote of mine from it:

'You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.'
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  09:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see I'm among friends
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  8:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One of my all-time favorite authors.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull is a masterpiece. My 9-year old daughter loves it too.

Bridge Across Forever is another great book. It was when I read it in high school that I learned about out of body experiences!

Thank you for bringing this up gatito. Will pull out those books again!

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  02:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
His books were very important to my spiritual development as a teenager, especially Seagull and Illusions.
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  01:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Seagull and Illusions certainly made an impact on me in the 80's.

My teenage son loved Seagull as well (and you may want to follow this up with Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist - he loved this too)

One of my favourite quotes from Illusions (it's on the back cover of my copy): -

Here is a test to find out if your mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000