Enlightenment Milestones
 not my body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  01:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
few days back i was looking at my legs....and for few minutes they did not seem to belong to me...the legs are here...whereas i am there...i was like observing them from a distance ...from above....i felt immense relief...today i stumbled upon this quote -i have this "habit" of stumbeling upon quotes that give me answers...
"Look at your body as if it belong to another. Then you will have a glimpse of freedom from the burden of it, a moment of psychological space. Become interested in this feeling of freedom, and it will be effortlessly sustained."(Jean Klein)

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  03:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm...

May be I did not get the context here, but would not it be opposite of being grounded? Spaceyness may be?

I am asking this because I had a similar feeling couple of days ago, and started thumping my feet under the table to feel my legs, to stay grounded ...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  03:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it was not spaceyness...it not lack of grounding...it was simply not my legs...
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  04:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000