Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Gurglings,thirdeye openings,Kundalini storms??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I think I'm missing out I read all these things and can't say I have experienced much of anything. Pranayama and meditations are free of anything particularly memorable as the fireworks I read through this forum.

All I know is the unmoving, timeless something that is the true self. I am now my own witness if that makes any sense. All these other things seem like something from a fantastic fun fair, like a huge glamorous show. Brilliant, it's like I missed out on all the rides and went straight home.

It seems a bit like a seed, eventually it gets roots and some sort of upper growth. Some unfold out as Rose bushes,Giant Trees or entire gardens complete with waterfalls, but it's all the same movement back towards what already was. My experiences by comparison seem to have been the single blade of grass.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

. My experiences by comparison seem to have been the single blade of grass.

Lucky you!!!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:

. My experiences by comparison seem to have been the single blade of grass.

Lucky you!!!

How it's always been in my map of the world. Always go to bed when not much seems to be going on only to find out the next morning there were alien landings, earthquakes, tidal waves and a someone talked to Elvis.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  12:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

My experiences by comparison seem to have been the single blade of grass.

Or maybe that everything just feels normal, or the way it is supposed to be...?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's the usual I reckon, what's normal to one is very weird for everybody else. As an NLP tutor once said, "experiencing another person directly from their perspective would make a heavy acid trip seem minor".

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  2:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
only to find out the next morning there were alien landings, earthquakes, tidal waves and a someone talked to Elvis.

i bet the one who talked to Elvis is not from the UK...rather from the other side of the atlantic

me too not many experiences...which is far better...i preffer smooth rides...it is steady and slow and guess what ? you reach the same goal safe and sound
i really appreciated your humor Karl...thanks
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  3:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too: no fantastic visuals for me either.

I do get a gurgling stomach and it has been quite blown for a long time. Have to walk everywhere with my stomach sucked in now. But maybe I just have worms.

Maybe it's a British karma thing. We are cursed with a blanket of banality!

Edited by - woosa on Aug 16 2011 3:49:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  3:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Maybe it's a British karma thing. We are cursed with a blanket of banality!

we are doing stiff upper lip enlightenment with pin stripe suits and none of your histrionics thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  7:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We could start our own "Underwhelming Scenery Corner"

We can report the most boring of things that are happening. Winner gets a can of corned beef or, for the vegetarians, a tub of pease pudding.

I'll go first: I had electrical like sensations on the back of my neck and now I have like a spot, but it isn't, which will not go away. Been there for over a week. Very strange...

Edited by - woosa on Aug 16 2011 8:01:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a dream in which I had a Migraine and a wasp stung me. When I awoke I had a migraine and a wasp had stung me. Next week I'm doing dream ironing, mowing the lawn and washing the car.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  05:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Guys you have had me in stiches!
Please grant me membership to the Underwhelming scenery corner! No dramatic experiences for me either!
I absolutely loved : stiff upper lip enlightenment with pin stripe suits - Yes Minister!

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  07:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are most welcome Mathurs. As long as you adhere to our strict code. We want nothing more interesting than toast landing butter side up or only managing to drink half a cup of tea because a biscuit fragmented into the cup.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  07:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it!!!!

Even a couple of years back I would have asked to be granted membership... but now I know, all my "no scenery" during that time was in reality, "scenery", just "the mind refused to accept" kind becasue it was nothing like the awesomeness described by so many here.

I can tell you Karl, you have had a lot of scenery that you don't think is scenery.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  08:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are hilarious!

quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

i bet the one who talked to Elvis is not from the UK...rather from the other side of the atlantic

No - I think they mean Elvis Costello
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  10:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Love it!!!!

I can tell you Karl, you have had a lot of scenery that you don't think is scenery.

Oh, I know it's all scenery, just not very exciting scenery. Which is just the way we like it..........no running or shouting in the corridors please!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  12:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
No - I think they mean Elvis Costello

no no no no no Karl did Not mean Elvis Costello....he meant the Elvis from your side Ether
where is the fireworks in talking to a person who is still alive?

Shanti
intresting point...did not occur to me that the 'no scenery" is also "scenery"
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  1:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing karl.

I definitely have a lot of experiences of heightened joyfullness, but absolutely nothing else, no visions, none of the typical 'kundalini' experiences etc.

It's good to know that not everyone has these.
Go to Top of Page

naina_91

Azerbaijan
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  09:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same here

No sceneries for me too. I admit till last year I wanted to be on the scenery bandwagon as many here...no more... am happy the way it all is..
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  11:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
life has enough headaches....why add also the scenery headache
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  8:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like the previous comments about not wanting scenery.

It sounds like a few members here are trying to sabotage the "Underwhelming Scenery Corner"!

Shame on you!

This was a really weird 'vision' I had yesterday...

A man having a picnic on top of a snowy mountain - proper picnic blanket, teapot and teacups, wicker basket. He may have had his pinky raised whilst drinking too. I even said mentally "Why the hell is he having a picnic on the top of Everest, his tea will go cold!" Then back to the mantra.

The scenery I get is so underwhelming and stupid it is sickening!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  02:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Woosa ... how come you are from uk and you did not get it yet
...the man wants iced tea
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  04:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Black, black, black, black , black, something that looks like buildings............coming into focus... Nearer.......nearer.......yes, it's some buildings.......black......black...."..black Then I hear a chime, wow that sounds like.........like...........like.............the doorbell. It's the postman at my door, the best scenery all day

Edited by - karl on Aug 24 2011 04:04:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  04:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gloomy room ...with a man and a woman talking ...they seem russian...i am in russia
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  05:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a vision I had won the lottery - when I went out for a walk I found a 50 pence coin. Now that is not underwhelming - I think I have risen above you guys....
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  4:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Woosa ... how come you are from uk and you did not get it yet
...the man wants iced tea

Of course! I think you have nailed it.

I was gonna go to the library and get loads of psychology books and analyse it. I bet Freud would say the iceberg has something to do with penises.

Thanks for saving me!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was very strange yesterday. I think I have had a major opening.

While I was meditating (or do you refer to yourself as a third person when you are enlightened?). Anyway, the body was meditating and it had a sensation of air bubbling in the right tear duct. It was building up and up and thought huh that's strange... back to the mantra. It was building up, so I thought sod it... back to the mantra and squashed this vessel's eye ball and it farted! It did it a few more times. I was having such a good time with my eye socket I forgot about meditating. Is this some kind of siddhi? An eyeball with digestion problems?

Dunno why I just shared that nugget of information. One for the defunct "Underwhelming Scenery Corner" but a very fundamental milestone this mind says. (Don't know how much longer I can keep this refering to the third person up for)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000