New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  05:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One question: How can i know/what i need to feel when the SB is done right and correctly ?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  06:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear knowledge here is outside the game... Just practice and get better... Don't think a lot about the whole thing and stay away from playing with energies... Just follow the simple instructions of the technique as they are. Up and down in a gentle manner.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

jongler99

Israel
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  07:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shimon, you need to ground yourself and even "TAMAS" yourself for a while, so consider to change your diet like adding Root vegetables(steamed) and meat; on the other hand take out wheat, coffe, suger and milk products; be active: try doing long walks while focusing on your feet, do some push-ups, stop gazing at the TV or the PC; stop repeating mantras (any kind or form), stop "purifying" yourself for the time being but remember to stay on the path... do that for several weeks and check yourself from time to time, after few weeks try adding med` for a few min and look how it goes.

hope the best.

Edited by - jongler99 on Aug 11 2011 07:46:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  07:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya Shimon,

you have been very brave to try and begin healing your self through spiritual means and this courage is well understood by me.

I've been recovering from psychosis for the past 5 years and i had crown opening and kundalini awakening.

It is highly necessary to move your internal energies as you will them to move. It is your decsion, just as you decide to eat food you pick up your knife and fork and control what is going on.

Kundalini is a wild, firey and powerful unconscious energy, a desperate seeking and desire.

if you learn to self-pace correctly i believe that you can balance your energies.

In your situation it might be that you are so sensitive to these practices that you need only do one spinal breath twice a day. with a bit of deep med on top.

interestingly i get the feeling that your habits of directing energy to the crown are causing the issue to further inflame,

simple deep meditation will actually gradually balance your energies without you directly moving the energies.

samyama was something i found deeply rewarding on my healing journey.
perhaps as you settle you can see how you find it.

all the best.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeo !
Thanks for the response. Did you recover from your psychosis ? Did Spinal breathing and Deep meditation helped you ?
Are you on medications ?
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jongler99 ! Thanks for the response.
The thing is that im on meds... and they pretty much suppress/neutralize all the energies... like they are pretty much down and lowered. I just yesterday i tried those practices and got my kundalini up. usually its down. But not completely... well almost completely i just know its there. I feel every day and day like my inner body, starting from the sushumna is kinda on pressure and up tight so i feel like an uptight spring all the time. but i feel this on approx 40%. when im off meds i feel these tensity for about hmm... 120%.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  10:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, so i just did the Deep meditation practice about 25 minutes ago.
After i did it i felt some energetic relief and felt like i took a sedative pill, quite a strong one.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hiya

I've found deep meditation most useful, i've found that spinal breathing tends to move blockages and energies too much when one is delicate.

you have to be careful and very gentle with your practice.

can i ask how you feel you kundalini energy? is it like a wind of energy in your spirit? or is it very attached to the body and mind and physical?

joe
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very attached, and dense (kinda). Pardon, but you didn't answer my question. Did you recover from psychosis ? How much did the deep meditation helped you ?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  12:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess i have pretty much completely recovered from my psychotic episode.

now i only have symptoms of purification.

when my energy levels are really low i get unwell again and i have to watch my stress levels.

i am learning a number of techniques that are improving my health in a variety of ways.

I'm still on medication but my quality of life is about 1000% better than when just on medication.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  1:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,
You know today after the DM i feel much more peace inside and in the mind. Im kinda thinking "wow... it seems to help indeed".
Tell me please, what are the symptoms of purification ?
Tell me please, when did you true point of recovery started, whether it's yoga practices or something else ? could you tell me what methods did really help you are what were you doing ?
Pardon me for so many question im just eager to find you...
Last question, hmm.. why is it still necessary for you to take medications ?
Thanks a lot,
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  3:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well in my case i was suffering from paranoia and delusion when i became unwell, as well as hearing voices.

this was agravated by too much energy at the crown and a kundalini awakening.

the paranoia and delusion need to be recognised through awareness cultivation and cognitive behavioural therapy (a way of challenging incorrect thoughts or negative thoughts)

then you need self talk, lots of positive self talk and stepping up to the challenge of healing positively.

the voices i heard were spirits and they were attached to thought forms in my mind. By speaking in a loving and friendly way to your thoughts and spirits you can release trapped spirits and transform negative thoughts.

So it is necessary to cultivate loving thoughts for the self and others (I reccomend metta meditation)

this will pull the mind together and is the glue of the mind (compassion)

symptoms of purification are things such as loosing concentration, weird energies moving around, things like that (but on a low level)

psychosis is an extreme and long term type of purification:

http://www.aypsite.org/booklist12.html

Sannella, Lee -- Kundalini - Psychosis or Transcendence? -- 1976 -- Considering the rise of Kundalini as a rebirthing process occurring in humanity. Includes clinical case studies of people experiencing kundalini symptoms.

it all depends on what symptoms you are experiencing, maybe we should talk a little about that.

you will naturally develop your own healing techniques which will be particular to your needs. its intuitive

i find with medication it is complementary and when you've made some good progress you can reduce it.

but being gentle and careful is the start of gentle healing.

the healing journey for you has started now. You are growing a brand new spiritually awakened and healthy self.

Also it maybe a deep help to follow a spiritual tradition that you have or your family have a history of worshipping.

This may not be the case for you but for me I prayed a great deal to Jesus Christ and he helped me through.

you got to be careful as you said before about too much spiritual practice as it can have a purifying effect and activate your kundalini.

as a complementary practice to all this you might want to dip into mindfulness it helps develop awareness throughout day to day life which can aid recovery. It can also help to reduce the number of thoughts your having which with me was an issue.

Hope you find this useful.

take it all with a pinch of salt though if you feel somethings going to hurt you stay away. That way your learning most and developing your intuition.

Joe

Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  02:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well my story is this,
My psychosis was basically about chaos. mental, emotional and spiritual chaos. I didn't hear voices nor did i have hallucinations nor did i suffered from delusions (although maybe i did). I felt VERY strong enormous energies inside my body. my crown felt too open to the degree i felt this HUGE discomfort all over the body. I was very irritated by any small thing and was quite aggressive. I broke things in my house, i was cursing a lot ect...
When i was watching TV i felt like the people on TV influence me and i influence them making them feel uncomfortable (delusion?), though i didn't really really seriously related to it. I just knew that such things may have influence and it happens. Also i felt like there was a hole in my crown chakra. I sometimes was smoking hashish and i was pushing the energy inside me to the top of the head and one time i felt like my crown over burnt. I actually felt a smell of a burning electricity. Also, my psychosis began with the collapse (almost total, if not completely total) of my nervous system. Basically the symptoms were from an under pressured mind, and extreme emotions and chaotic spiritual feelings.
I felt lots of anxiety, huge anxieties and fear, i also was sexually complicated in my sexual feelings. Cuz my whole story (of kundalini awakening) began when i met a gay guy, when one day i saw an angle in him and there was an uncontrollable huge attraction towards him that led to a spontaneous kundalini awakening and LOTS of sexual confusion, anxiety and fear, and of course suffering.. big time suffering.
Also something very actual, with kundalini awakened i actually saw everything with my eyes like i was looking with a SUPER Vivid Top quality HD camera.... it was SO vivid (everything i saw) that it sometimes scared me. like it was too real (and you are very exposed and don't have a shelter from such realness).
Im taking Rispredal for 3 years already.
Thats pretty much it.

Tell me Joe, when did your start point of (a real) recovery started ?
Shimon.

Edited by - Shimon on Aug 12 2011 02:43:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  05:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
keep taking the meds :)

my recovery started when i believed i was recovering and when i wanted it to start.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  08:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

keep taking the meds :)

my recovery started when i believed i was recovering and when i wanted it to start.

Joe

Amen to that!!!!

Also Shimon, it's because you do want to get better you are still looking for something that will help. The day I decided I was done with my depression is the day I started looking for a way to get out of it... I first got on medication... and the medication helped, but I knew I wanted something else. That is what lead me to AYP. It's because you want it, what you need will be presented to you. Not saying AYP is it. It may be.. it has helped so many here.. but you will find what you need because you have on the inside asked for help. When we genuinely want to heal and ask for help from within, the universe opens up and sends us what we need.

I wish you all the best Shimon.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  10:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  7:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, and this is why I don't like people writing "med" for meditation! Meditation and medication.

PS Yes it is so incredible; you can have any kind of need and have it satisfied this way. I think you can have faith in God, or faith in the universe 'opening up', faith in Allah, I imagine any kind of ishta you believe is good for the world. And if you have this faith, ask and wait you will get your answer.
You have to watch for the answer because everyone gets it differently. For me it never comes in words; always a situation in front of me that is an exact answer to my question.

Edited by - Etherfish on Aug 17 2011 7:30:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  10:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Etherfish !
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  5:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya Shimon,

In response to your emails, i'm on respiridone, i'm reducing it at the moment.

try this grounding exercise:
it's a tao ist practice but is very effective,

rub the centre point of the soul of the feet, same in the palm of the hand.

then gently rub the perinium.

your intention should be set at feeling a cooling energy which will flow around grounding you and connecting you to the blue energy of mother earth.

it is the opposite of kundalini.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  03:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks !
Go to Top of Page

godcentred

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  01:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shimon

You are very correct in saying that kundalini has a destructive side. I had a kundalini awakening in 2000 while in the UK. I had been practicing meditation for some time and was skilled in the art of channeling energy through my chakras. My kundalini awakened spontaneously in my sleep one night while having a lucid dream. I dreamed that I was in a desert and there was a fountain overlowing with energy, I went to drink from the fountain and found it was an incredibly blissful sexual energy. From then on, whenever I tried to meditate I experienced a sexual energy rather than a feeling of "nothingness". I have seen several posts on this forum alluding to this.
The awakening of kundalini energy coincided with my being drawn very strongly into areas such as witchcraft, the occult, shamanism and astral projection. I thought I was developing some super human power, and every spare moment would be searching the internet for forums, or looking for books or posts on topics that would advance my "higher consciousness". Strange dreams began to assail me, and coincidences. I also began to develop depression, and a feeling of being isolated from others. In my dreams, I found I could leave my body, which was a heady and exciting feeling I only wished to master.
I became interested in spiritual healing, and mediumship and bought a whole heap of books on this topic, and began to meditate in earnest and try to contact my spiritual guides. In one such session, I succeeded, and began automatic writing. This led to what I perceived as "messages" which would come from my guide all ours of the day or night. Suddenly I realised, it was a floodgate to the other world that I couldn't control. There was no gatekeeper, just more guides coming in, telling me things about people I didn't want to know or hear. I also began to see spirits, and feel their presence. In short, I developed what could be described as a psychosis. Kundalini, the door I had knocked on so fervantly, was a doorway not to "higher consciousness" or to christ consciousness as I have heard it described, but a doorway to the occult. It is no coincidence that it is symbolised by a serpant and known as an 'earth energy'. Kundalini, as I now know, is the first stage of demonic possession. The "dissassociation" you feel, and the breakdown of ego, is the first stage of letting something foreign in. I employ every one who is experiencing kundalini to try prayer rather than meditation, and go see a Catholic priest or counsellor. Do not continue trying to foster this energy, which comes not from God but from the other place.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  11:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello godcentered and welcome to the forum !

I think I can understand your point of view and your participation is valuable.
I want to tell you that I come from a catholic background.
It is now my belief that no religion is the sole and only one way to come to God.
For many people the catholic way may be the way that leads them to God.
I do not want to discredit the catholic way, but I found many points that
do not resonate to me anymore. Especially in topics concerning sexuality
I find there is a lot of repression in the catholic faith.
Your experience with kundalini is a real experience, and I respect it.
In fact you will find a lot of posts on this site which discuss the dangers that may come
with exploring the kundalini energy.
But I would not support your advice that this energy comes "from the other side".

respectfully
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  11:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Godcentred, first welcome to the AYP forums

Second, I strongly suggest you read the lessons I pointed towards in my following post so that you may understand the mechanics of Kundalini.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=10188#86884

I completely understand why you would come to such conclusions as you did. Kundalini overloads could turn into one hell of a hellish nightmare. I've been there myself...

It's clear that you went off the deep end with energy work (using K as a worldly tool), leaving behind the cultivation of abiding inner silence, which is what is missing in your case and the main cause of the imbalance you're going through.

I am myself a proof that one can get things in order back again after going through kundalini syndrome. All you need are the right practices and the tools to self pacing which exist in lesson 69:
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

If you have any questions, please go ahead and share them with us. We are all here for each other. If you want to speak in private, feel free to write me at my email: ananda99@live.com

I wish you a blissful and safe recovery.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  08:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing which exists which is not God.
There is nothing which does not exist which is not God.
All that is Real and Unreal are part of God.

(For the supporting mathematics on this please look up the works of Godel and David Hilbert. Neither of whom mention God and yet their work on infinities are an excellent primer for expressing the mathematics of omniscience and omnipotence not to mention the Infinite Nature of God)
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  8:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had exactly the same experience as you, and I do not regret a second of it.

My Spontaenous awakening was 4 years ago, it started with Hallucinations, Telepathy, hearing voices, out of body experiences and very deep paranoia. I spent a year in care after I nearly got sectioned. I was diagnosed with Psychosis, then Schizophrenia and now it has become Bipolar as I started getting better. DO NOT listen to the medical opinion especially if it holds a western view. The medication can be useful for temporary grounding, but ultimately you will have to quit it.

It really helps to have someone caring around you, they dont have to know anything about Kundalini, they just need to be patient and look after the affected person during the early stages.

I was totaly alone and I knew noone that had any idea about Kundalini, all I had was my father to look after me, and it all worked out fine in the end. The only danger I can see is if the affected person is taking drugs (Cannabis is especialy dangerous during the first stages.)

You will not be made disabled by kundalini unless you have a very negative frame of mind (such as believing you are possesed by devils or crazy.)

Ultimately you will come out a stronger person than before and for this reason alone I think it is worth going through that experiecne any day.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000