New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  04:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone ! im new here.
I wanted to talk about what you probably don't want to hear. About something you don't hear really often. Your teachers don't tell you this... maybe some of them do i don't know... but it's been said a very very little about that. Im talking about the destructive side of kundalini awakening. People think its all games and play... nice sweet experiences, GOD!, heavens and all very nice.. but most people don't know that if your body, mind, spirit, intellect, emotional and mental bodies, the chakras aren't ready or prepared for kundalini awakening it might very well burn down these whole systems... leaving you with a great deal of physical (neurological) and mental (and emotional) damage. And kinda turn you into a disabled man. The suffering is great ! believe me ! I am one of those cases in whom kundalini burned down the entire nervous system. in my case it was a spontaneous kundalini awakening. I went through something that's called "kudalini psychosis". It happened 5 years ago. Im om meds now, for 3 years already. It helped a lot (the meds). The recovery from THIS is VERY VERY LONG it takes years... im still not fully recovered ! I still suffer.. although things are much much better now... but its NOT a game ! be careful ! You HAVE to be READY for that ! I don't know how to establish whether you are ready or not. you will probably need to find someone, a teacher perhaps, who REALLY understands the whole "bio-chemistry" of the kundalini forces. At least find someone that is AWARE that there is such a thing as the destructive force of kundalini and what it can do to you. Im being positive about MY case and other peoples cases , that there IS a way out of this... if someone want to contact me i will be more than happy. Namaste.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:44:58 PM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  04:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shimon,

please read the following lessons:
Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

Lesson 199 - Managing the opening of the crown
http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

Lesson 201 - Q&A – The drama of a premature crown opening
http://www.aypsite.org/201.html

Lesson 208 - Q&A – Inner energy collisions and strong emotions
http://www.aypsite.org/208.html

I wish you a safe recovery... I believe that you still can do it.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  05:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shimon
best of luck
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  06:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im sorry, i dont want to sound negative but i can't even meditate... thats how the damage is great. the question is not what you do with the symptoms of dysfunctional kundalini but what do you do with the damage ??
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  06:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear, Just read the text and try to... If you can it's ok, if not at least you tried. Don't let this fear keeps you away, what you did in the past is another form of meditation. Over here we are advocating spinal breathing pranayama to smooth things out and balance the energies and then introduce deep meditation to calm things down more...
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  07:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks, i know you have good intentions... im just desperate. Ill try them. Im just desperate because so many things that was working for me in the past, before kundalini has collapsed my nervous system, but now every practice whether its tai chi or yoga or breathing or meditation, even the work of byron katie doesnt work for me (and it did in the past). Only the meds i take do recover my condition bit by bit by bit in a very long process...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  07:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear, read the lesson carefully b4 starting any of the practices of spinal breathing and deep meditation in order to have a better understanding of your condition.

The main cause of your problem seems to be a premature crown opening which was the same case of mine. So read lesson 69 and the lesson on the drama of having a premature crown opening so that you may have a better understanding of what has happened.

It's best to stay off the crown and any other spiritual practices for now... Go out and be as active as you can, gently practice 5 mins of spinal breathing and 20 mins of deep meditation and remember to take a good amount of rest after the practices.

Hope things get better...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  07:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you so much... i appreciate this..
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  08:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda, you say that this (premature crown opening) has happened to you too. Did you fix it ? completely ? with the spinal breath and deep meditation ?
Thanks in advance. (im reading the material you gave me)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I did... It's been a path of ups and downs because of my strong desire for practices and overdoing things but yes things are under control and much better than they were when the crown wasn't under control.

You see the center of control is the third eye "The Ajna" which means to command... With the third eye you can have control over your nervous system and make balance in between. With the crown things are a havoc and they are running by themselves and mother kundalini will destroy everything in it's way if it's not balanced with shiva energy...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shimon

Dear Ananda, you say that this (premature crown opening) has happened to you too. Did you fix it ? completely ? with the spinal breath and deep meditation ?
Thanks in advance. (im reading the material you gave me)

FWIW, just spinal breathing and meditation helped me with my premature crown opening too. I suffered with this for years, did not know it was premature crown opening, thought I was going crazy, went into a depression, thought I had a tumor in my head because of the pressure and suffered for a few years with this. I was on anti depressants for a few years too. Later after AYP, and the 2 core practices, my crown discomforts subsided and later I had a natural crown opening that was the most amazing experience.

So I will second Ananada in saying that deep meditation and spinal breathing, along with exercise, grounding and self pacing are really good at bringing the crown discomforts under control.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ! thanks !
I tried the spinal breathing.. i got the feeling that it really could be effective and can really help me although i think i need to practice how to practice it. When i try to move energy from the first chakra to the center of the brain there is the automatic desire to direct or move this energy to the crown and when some energy is leaking by this to the crown , when i loosen some hold of the direction and some of it went to the crown i immediately begin to feel stinging itch at the crown. It seems like i see in my minds eye how energy should move from the base to third eye, like i see movements but in actuality i think the problem is to direct it successfully to the third eye, to find this "fork" in the center of the brain in my mind's eye...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It seems like i see in my minds eye how energy should move from the base to third eye, like i see movements but in actuality i think the problem is to direct it successfully to the third eye, to find this "fork" in the center of the brain in my mind's eye...

If it is a problem to follow from root to third eye, start you attention from the root and then when you reach around the neck area, jump to the third eye rather than trace it up the "fork". Do this for a few days and you will train your attention to go to the 3rd eye rather than the crown. Once it becomes a habit, you can trace it up the fork. See if this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After the spinal breathing and the deep mediation "i am" for 20 minutes i do feel better actually... still the energy is not moving "perfectly" like it sometimes pushes and pulls me somewhere like it desperately want to find its match. I will continue to practice this... thanks a lot for that help. now when some energy does go to the crown chakra, like i feel it this very moment (some pressure in the head) what can be done to lower it ? and is it fine that it happens ? cuz i get worried when i feel it the feeling is "something is wrong".
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel that there are some energy "leftovers" in the body that are very strongly charged... i don't know what to do with them. After i did the practices suddenly some glob left energy raised to my head to the area of the crown chakra. i lied down to rest a little and some of it went down near the heart... i probably did something wrong ? didn't i ?

if this happens what can i do to these "leftovers" energies ?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I will continue to practice this... thanks a lot for that help. now when some energy does go to the crown chakra, like i feel it this very moment (some pressure in the head) what can be done to lower it ? and is it fine that it happens ? cuz i get worried when i feel it the feeling is "something is wrong".

Yes bring your attention down, to your chest area or your stomach area.
There is a discussion going on on this right now, read from here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=10129#86688
Hope this helps.

PS: We have a concept of self pacing. We do not do our sitting practices more than the recommended time and if we feel angry, irritated, sad, upset, drowsy during the day we cut back on practice time.

PPS: We normally don't recommend you start meditation and spinal breathing together, we say meditation for a few weeks and then if you feel stable add spinal breathing. But in this case since it seems to be helping you, I would say, do 5 min spinal breathing and 10 min meditation for a few days, if it feels like it is helping, increase meditation to 20 min and stay with 5 min spinal breathing. Then after a few weeks of being stable with that, increase to 10 min spinal breathing and 20 min meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I feel that there are some energy "leftovers" in the body that are very strongly charged... i don't know what to do with them. After i did the practices suddenly some glob left energy raised to my head to the area of the crown chakra. i lied down to rest a little and some of it went down near the heart... i probably did something wrong ? didn't i ?

if this happens what can i do to these "leftovers" energies ?

Ground. Go on walks. Exercise. eat heavy. Keep your mind occupied with things and don't focus on the crown or on the energy. Stay busy.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  11:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for the help Shanti.
Pardon me, but i didn't find in the lessons from what practice you need to start... ? start from the deep meditation and then the spinal breathing ? can i start with the spinal breathing and the go to meditation ? because i feel that the spinal breathing is "more important" that the deep meditation.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  11:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome Shimon.

The lessons start here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

In your case, I would think, yes, since SpB(spinal breathing) is helping, you can start with that and in a few weeks add meditation. But doing just spinal breathing, without meditation in the long run will not be of much help. Mediation helps cultivate the stillness and spinal breathing helps control and direct the energy to open our nervous system through which the stillness, the divine, will flow into our world.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  11:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Just because spinal breathing is helping, please don't do it more than 10 min twice a day. It is tempting to do a practice more when it feels like it is helping, but too much of anything can be bad. So stay with twice a day 10 min.

In between, like I said, ground, stay occupied, dont think about the energy, bring your attention to the body any time you realize you are in your head... be easy about it... don't analyze it too much, don't worry about it too much... stay grounded.
Be happy.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  12:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shimon,

Shanti have offered some good advice.

On the other hand, spinal breathing is very necessary in your case. Yogani told me to start with both practices of deep meditation and spinal breathing when I came here and things became much better and under control in three days. I agree with Shanti, maybe it's a good idea to cut down on your meditation time.

So 5 minutes of spinal breathing, then you rest for a minute while staying in the same pose and after that we start meditating by watching our thoughts and whatever is and then we introduce the mantra as a thought and we repeat it for ten minutes and rest afterwards for 5 or ten minutes. You can use an alarm in the beginning for the timing. In time you will rely on your inner clock.

10 minutes of asana practice before sitting practices would help out in smoothing the energies as well. If you search in the lessons you'd find AYP's take on asanas.

All the best.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  8:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes strenuous exercise is very grounding. And if you are too lazy to run a couple miles, like me; "The Tabata Protocol" or "peak eight" exercise gives you the benefit without all the work. And gardening or anything touching the dirt, like walking barefoot works really well for me.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  01:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Hmm... so i woke up today. Yesterday wasn't so good... after i did those two practices after a while my kundalini rise kinda high (for me)... i felt like there are lots of energies in my body and in my head. I felt something is wrong. In the end of the day i felt exhausted. I tried to sleep and being afraid i won't be able to sleep i took a sedative pill. Eventually i fell asleep, woke up today when i don't really feel better like i probably should have from the practices. and there is still much energy in my head. I think i probably did the practices wrong. I think i only was squeezing and pushing (playing) the kundalini energies that what brought to its arousal, but without the effect of really cleaning the nervous system or matching Shakti with Shiva.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  01:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe there is something else that can help me get out of my situation ? maybe i should talk to Yogani ?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  02:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It would be the same advise, you should've practiced today also and shouldn't have played with the energies. Also you should start to ground a lot and go out and run and live...

Ask Yogani if you feel like it...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  03:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ananda.
I think I pushed the energy when i was doing the SB because it hard for me to visualize. My dad told me though that it is wrong to push energy against its will. No i think it was really a mistake. I did it because i felt that if just let it be the energy won't move and the SB wouldn't be successful. Anyway, the next time i will try it ill try to be very gentle with it and won't be pushing energy against it will.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000