Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 AUM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  4:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Any ideas whether AUM can replace AYAM with out adverse effects? I am not liking AYAM very much, so thinking replace with AUM. Please advice. I hope it is ok to do this change to mantra.
Thank you,
CK.
===

yoginiwanders

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  8:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting! I have been using AUM instead myself and was wondering the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  9:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chrisk and Yoginiwanders:

This question comes up from time to time. The AYP take on it was first discussed in Lesson 59: http://www.aypsite.org/59.html

Note: In the AYP baseline system, OM (AUM) is incorporated in the mantra later on in a balanced way as an enhancement. See here.

As always, your practice is your call.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  09:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These two mantras are so close in pronunciation yet so different in function, now I understand.
Chris.
======
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000