AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 More vivid dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rumighoul

11 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  04:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rumighoul's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,
I hope i´m not duplicating a question already asked here, I couldn´t find another thread asking the same question.
I´ve recently incorporated Spinal Breathing into my routine - not for the first time, but the first time where I´m managing to take it easy and feel like I´m getting somewhere.

My question is - are more vivid and coherent dreams a sign of anything happening? Last night I had a series of the most vivid dreams I remember in a long while - and they had a clear sense of story and place in a way I don´t recall having had probably since I was a child in fact.

I clearly remember waking up from the first dream in the middle of the night, thinking "wow", and then falling asleep and having another dream in which I went to a sort of experimental psychotherapy clinic where the secretary was asking me if I´d like to try any treatments and started asking me about my life and what I was there for - and then I remembered the previous dream (while still dreaming) and said "actually last night I had some of the most vivid dreams I´ve had in a long while" and the secretary and doctor went "ooooohhhhh!" :-).

I don´t know if this seems like not much to some people but in contrast to my usual dreams, if I remember them at all, there was a sense of coherence and continuity to all this that really stood out. Normally my dreams are like three episodes of Family Guy all playing at once, but not as funny.

Is this something anyone else has experienced after starting SB? It gave me a feeling of progress which was really nice after a long time of struggling with both DM and SB, and feeling I wasn´t getting anywhere.

Edited by - Rumighoul on Jul 25 2011 04:12:42 AM

Eli

Slovakia
14 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  05:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rumighoul

Hi folks,
I hope i´m not duplicating a question already asked here, I couldn´t find another thread asking the same question.
I´ve recently incorporated Spinal Breathing into my routine - not for the first time, but the first time where I´m managing to take it easy and feel like I´m getting somewhere.

My question is - are more vivid and coherent dreams a sign of anything happening? Last night I had a series of the most vivid dreams I remember in a long while - and they had a clear sense of story and place in a way I don´t recall having had probably since I was a child in fact.

I clearly remember waking up from the first dream in the middle of the night, thinking "wow", and then falling asleep and having another dream in which I went to a sort of experimental psychotherapy clinic where the secretary was asking me if I´d like to try any treatments and started asking me about my life and what I was there for - and then I remembered the previous dream (while still dreaming) and said "actually last night I had some of the most vivid dreams I´ve had in a long while" and the secretary and doctor went "ooooohhhhh!" :-).

I don´t know if this seems like not much to some people but in contrast to my usual dreams, if I remember them at all, there was a sense of coherence and continuity to all this that really stood out. Normally my dreams are like three episodes of Family Guy all playing at once, but not as funny.

Is this something anyone else has experienced after starting SB? It gave me a feeling of progress which was really nice after a long time of struggling with both DM and SB, and feeling I wasn´t getting anywhere.

Hi Rumighoul,

Since starting with SB and DM I definitely have more vivid and meaningful dreams. I even dreamt of me sleeping and staying next to a bed at the same time while the standing me was able to wake me up! I saw an extreme light in my third eye area, I remember to tell myself that oh my god this is too much.. And I woke up:-)

It has to be linked with the practice:-) what I also thought was that this kind of experiences are a boon from my soul for starting the meditation practice... Something to show me I am on a good track and should continue:-)

So lets enjoy this experiences and do our practice dilligently;-)

Eli
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  1:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rumighoul and Eli,

It is a very good sign that you are having vivid dreams.

You could say that our subconscious is integrating/letting go of issues as we sleep. Another way of saying it is often the subconscious is doing some heavy cleaning and the vivid dreams are a way of letting us know.

Even if the dreams are bad or seem scary. I can assure you that good things are happening.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Eli

Slovakia
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  07:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Hi Rumighoul and Eli,

It is a very good sign that you are having vivid dreams.

You could say that our subconscious is integrating/letting go of issues as we sleep. Another way of saying it is often the subconscious is doing some heavy cleaning and the vivid dreams are a way of letting us know.

Even if the dreams are bad or seem scary. I can assure you that good things are happening.

All the best,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry to reply only now. Thank you very much for your reply!!!

But it seems i got to your reply in the right time as only during recent weeks i started to experience really scary dreams ... Good to know that it is ok and no need to figure out any meaning of it... And it even indicates purification

Eli
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000